Why wouldn't everyone - including Rhonda's fans - want Cyborg?

Cyborg is not the killer she is made out to be. Granted Ronda has not been faced with real challenges outside of Miesha but Cyborg has faced worse.

Her last fight was almost criminal.

I've just watched Cyborg's last three fights and the one take-away is that she is actually quite sloppy and her power is overrated.

Miesha or Zingano should welcome Cyborg to the UFC.

She loses both fights.

Cat maybe. But Cyborg runs over Miesha.

Meaningless? The idea would be to see who is better. What are you concerned about, the division? The division is a joke. I get that the UFC has to worry about this, but as a fan all you have to worry about is seeing who is better.
If Cyborg is too big to make 135 who the fuck cares if she can beat a 135lb fighter? The idea is to see who's the best in a legitimate competition, not to inflate the smaller fighter for a joke fight so the bigger one won't have to stop eating horse-meat.

All Cyborg has to do is lose some muscle and she'd make weight easy, and she's had years to do it. Cyborg's ducking Ronda and clearly doesn't want the fight, so it's time to let go.

This is just an opinion and a silly one IMO, McMann and Nunes have a better chance of beating Ronda than Cyborg and Cat/NeoTate have about the same chance. I don't think Holm really has much of a chance but a matchup with her is as 'interesting' just to settle it since a lot of people hype Holly.

I have no idea why sheeple are so strongly convinced that Cyborg is that much better by leaps and bounds than any other potential Ronda opponent, what has she ever done to prove it? She has beaten ONE top 5 BW level fighter who was also finished by Tate, other than that she beat Gina whose resume is weak by modern standards and Shayna Baszler big whoop.

She 'looks invincible' against weak opponents? Big deal, Cain and Pettis looked invincible with more wins over top comp to back it up, MMA fans ought to have learned their lesson by now not to declare someone a GOAT without a long ass resume to show for it but nope.

Buddy, you are so out of touch with reality, it amazes me you don't notice. :redface:
EVERYONE in the first page noted they want to see it.
You are THE ONLY ONE demeaning Cyborg, for the sake of protecting Ronda... and even at that, this is an asinine excuse, since Ronda, same as Cyborg, is fighting lesser competition. :rolleyes:

I do not know if Cyborg beats Ronda or not. But I absolurely KNOW Ronda can beat everyone in UFC's roster right now. So rather than watch a fight to see how fast Ronda can close the deal, I want to see a fight that might pose some threat to Ronda.

Simple as that.

My place? About the Overeem point?

That was the media and some fans putting him on a pedestal. Anybody who's been watching Overeem in the PRIDE day's were not surprised that if he can't bully you then he fades. Tell me something I don't know.

To relate that to Cyborg. I can say the same thing about Ronda. You need to get it through your head that their are only two fighter's in that division who have the ability to over power their opponents in whatever way because it's a weak division. Women's mma needs time to evolve and throwing around resumes is a joke. They both do the same rinse and repeat stuff. Wonder why Satoshi Ishii couldn't throw his opponents around everywhere who happens to be a gold medalist? Or Hidehiko Yoshida? Maybe you can figure it out

Ronda has been training no-gi grappling and judo much longer than Ishii. Yoshida lived in his gi. Pretty easy, really. Its about applying an art that uses a gi to a sport that does not allow gis. How could Jon Jones dominate a Carlson Gracie black belt? Easy. Jon is a no-gi grappler.

You can keep discounting McMann and her silver medal, Davis and her two black belts, Cat and her no-gi comp wins at black belt level, but you only look foolish.

Reem looked good crushing cans. He has been beat by nearly every good opponent he's fought. That is Cyborg-- looks great fighting really low level fighters. To suggest that Tate, Cat, Davis, Kaufman, Budd, McMann, are on the level of Akano, Takahashi, Yamanaka, Finney, Muxlaw, Tweet, is laughable.

also:
*there
*fighters

If Cyborg is too big to make 135 who the fuck cares if she can beat a 135lb fighter? The idea is to see who's the best in a legitimate competition, not to inflate the smaller fighter for a joke fight so the bigger one won't have to stop eating horse-meat.

Rousey used to fight at 145. The weight difference is marginal. If it was me and I thought I was the baddest, I'd cut the 10lbs in half and fight it at 140. I know there is a whole reasoning that the UFC has fed Rhonda because the catch weight fight is bad for biz, but if I was Rhonda I'd be screaming for it - as I'm sure constantly hearing about cyborg is annoying. It seems kind of sheepish that she's not. Which is either cuz she's not sure how the fight would go. Or because she's fully with the UFC in the business priority.

Sure there are some people who think Cyborg is all hype. I personally don't know. But the point is that a lot of people think that she can beat Rhonda, which is more than can be said about any of her past or foreseeable future opponents. It's the only interesting fight.

Yes agreed on all points.

After watching her last fights back to back, I was surprised at how unimpressive she looked overall.

She is probably not on the juice and may very well be a shell of her former self.

So here's Tito Ortiz (who is absolutely positively not Cyborg's manager - no sir) saying Cyborg is absolutely "doing everything possible" to make 135lbs.

"Cris is jumping through every single flamed hoop that everybody is asking her to do," Ortiz said last week at a Bellator media day. "And she's trying to get down to 135. Realistically, 140 is still a challenge for her to get down that low. She's gonna try. She's doing everything possible and it seems like Ronda is doing zero possible.

Unless Cyborg has actually integrated jumping through flamed hoops into her insane heavy lifting training routine, it seems to me that "doing everything possible" involves just hoping really hard that the UFC agrees to put on the fight at a different weight than 135lbs.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/8/3/9071517/tito-ortiz-cris-cyborg-doing-everything-possible-to-make-135-pounds

Rousey used to fight at 145. The weight difference is marginal. If it was me and I thought I was the baddest, I'd cut the 10lbs in half and fight it at 140. I know there is a whole reasoning that the UFC has fed Rhonda because the catch weight fight is bad for biz, but if I was Rhonda I'd be screaming for it - as I'm sure constantly hearing about cyborg is annoying. It seems kind of sheepish that she's not. Which is either cuz she's not sure how the fight would go. Or because she's fully with the UFC in the business priority.
Ronda probably realizes that beating Cyborg wouldn't do anything for her career or legacy. Cyborg is just the most convenient crutch for her detractors right now, and if she beat her it wouldn't change anything. Haters would just find some other oversized random in a third rate promotion and say Ronda's afraid of her.

Ronda's the champion of the best promotion and the undisputed best female fighter on the planet right now. She really has nothing to prove against Cyborg. The thing that adds to her legacy right now is CONSECUTIVE TITLE DEFENSES. If I were her I wouldn't be bothered with anything that doesn't add to her title reign. I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to fight every scrub outside my promotion the haters tell me I need to.

Ronda has been training no-gi grappling and judo much longer than Ishii. Yoshida lived in his gi. Pretty easy, really. Its about applying an art that uses a gi to a sport that does not allow gis. How could Jon Jones dominate a Carlson Gracie black belt? Easy. Jon is a no-gi grappler.

You can keep discounting McMann and her silver medal, Davis and her two black belts, Cat and her no-gi comp wins at black belt level, but you only look foolish.

Reem looked good crushing cans. He has been beat by nearly every good opponent he's fought. That is Cyborg-- looks great fighting really low level fighters. To suggest that Tate, Cat, Davis, Kaufman, Budd, McMann, are on the level of Akano, Takahashi, Yamanaka, Finney, Muxlaw, Tweet, is laughable.

also:
*there
*fighters

Don't even compare Ronda's judo to Ishii's. You are making yourself look very silly. Yes, I'm actually going to continue to discredit all 135/145 lb women fighters. Even Ronda and Cyborg. They just so happen to be better than the rest which isn't saying much.

Last edited:
I see you edited out the 'nose' comment but I'll address anyway, noses break easier than orbitals. I guess you realized that hence the edit.

Ronda KOed Bethe and Davis while Cyborg has never properly turned the lights out on someone.

cyborg donst need to Ko rousey or nunes/mcmann cold to half them turtled up and defenseless

cyborg donst need to Ko rousey or nunes/mcmann cold to half them turtled up and defenseless

Yeah but the greater 1-shot power of Nunes/McMann makes me think they have a better 'puncher's chance' of stopping Ronda than Cyborg. Even if they fail to KO her in a single shot they have a better of hurting her enough with one to shut down her game, follow up and finish.

I already said Cyborg would beat Nunes but Nunes just has a better shot at beating *Ronda*, too bad they keep giving her such a hard path to a title shot. Maybe they should match up her with Eye followed by Kaufman after she loses to McMann and then give her a TS if she wins. XD

Last edited:
Ronda probably realizes that beating Cyborg wouldn't do anything for her career or legacy. Cyborg is just the most convenient crutch for her detractors right now, and if she beat her it wouldn't change anything. Haters would just find some other oversized random in a third rate promotion and say Ronda's afraid of her.

Ronda's the champion of the best promotion and the undisputed best female fighter on the planet right now. She really has nothing to prove against Cyborg. The thing that adds to her legacy right now is CONSECUTIVE TITLE DEFENSES. If I were her I wouldn't be bothered with anything that doesn't add to her title reign. I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to fight every scrub outside my promotion the haters tell me I need to.

This statement just isn't based in reality. Rhonda is worlds better than the other girls in the division, but it's mostly because the rest of the division is so new and lacking. It's not Rhonda's fault, but it is reality. I heard Chael talking about her on ESPN radio Sunday morning, he said - Rhonda is great at one thing, and that one thing is irrelevant in the men's divison against competitors with competent skill. Objectivey speaking, she's just ok at everything else. He called her striking very basic. This is reality. Again, it's not Rhonda's fault, but let's not be blind.

Cyborg would do lots for Rhonda's legacy. In fact it's the only thing that Her legacy needs. It's the only thing within her power that she can/should do.

I think absolutely EVERYBODY absolutely wants to see Ronda vs Cyborg.

It's just not going to happen in the UFC unless it's at 135, for the title.

Fans just don't want to get over the fact that the UFC is a BUSINESS. There is no upside for them if this fight takes place north of 135, unless they have plans of absorbing Invicta's 145 weight division.

No upside? A catchweight bout at 140lbs would do huge money even if no title implications for either fighter. They don't even really have to worry about the rest of the division being put on hold because nobody deserves a title shot anyways, except maybe Miesha, but she's 0-2 against Ronda already, so...

This statement just isn't based in reality. Rhonda is worlds better than the other girls in the division, but it's mostly because the rest of the division is so new and lacking. It's not Rhonda's fault, but it is reality. I heard Chael talking about her on ESPN radio Sunday morning, he said - Rhonda is great at one thing, and that one thing is irrelevant in the men's divison against competitors with competent skill. Objectivey speaking, she's just ok at everything else. He called her striking very basic. This is reality. Again, it's not Rhonda's fault, but let's not be blind.

Cyborg would do lots for Rhonda's legacy. In fact it's the only thing that Her legacy needs. It's the only thing within her power that she can/should do.
As bad as the UFC women's 135 division is, Invicta's 145 is worse. Cyborg doesn't bring anything new or interesting as a challenge for Ronda; if it's not a title fight Cyborg is a waste of time.

In terms of Ronda facing someone who will severely test her limitations and force her to improve; unless the landscape of WMMA changes drastically, Ronda's probably going to have to start fighting men to reach any kind of next level.

Pretending Cyborg is some kind of legitimization fight Ronda needs to prove she's the best woman is ridiculous, though. Ronda doesn't need anything from Cyborg bad enough to bend over backwards for it. Cyborg is just another potential contender, and if she wants her shot at Ronda she knows what she has to do.

As bad as the UFC women's 135 division is, Invicta's 145 is worse. Cyborg doesn't bring anything new or interesting as a challenge for Ronda; if it's not a title fight Cyborg is a waste of time.

In terms of Ronda facing someone who will severely test her limitations and force her to improve; unless the landscape of WMMA changes drastically, Ronda's probably going to have to start fighting men to reach any kind of next level.

Pretending Cyborg is some kind of legitimization fight Ronda needs to prove she's the best woman is ridiculous, though. Ronda doesn't need anything from Cyborg bad enough to bend over backwards for it. Cyborg is just another potential contender, and if she wants her shot at Ronda she knows what she has to do.

Moving up 5lbs for a catchweight fight isn't bending over backwards. In fact it's quite common in the fight game.

Rhonda would get beat badly by any ufc male fighter in her weight class.

Don't be such a delusional pussy. All the fights you watched growing up or whatever and most of them now are not "clean"

Irrelevant (and actually amusing - insulting someone is almost always a sign of lack of a better argument ... why give up the argument so easily?)

Look, you said fighter safety shouldn't be an issue. If so, why not allow weapons? Humans stopped fighting seriously unarmed hundreds of thousands of years ago, and the only reason not to have something like the Roman gladiators today is because of fighter safety.

The question then becomes how much of an issue is PED use on fighter safety, both for the person using and the person being hit by the user. You can debate that, its not clear cut. But if you're arguing that fighter safety doesn't (or shouldn't) play a part in the rules then you're going to have a hard time of it. Most of the rules involve fighter safety, from banning weapons to not allowing some techniques (eye gouging, spiking on the top of the head etc).

It was even raised by Cyborg herself, when she said she couldn't drop to 135 because it wouldn't be safe for her - that'd be irrelevant under your criteria.

So here's Tito Ortiz (who is absolutely positively not Cyborg's manager - no sir) saying Cyborg is absolutely "doing everything possible" to make 135lbs.

Unless Cyborg has actually integrated jumping through flamed hoops into her insane heavy lifting training routine, it seems to me that "doing everything possible" involves just hoping really hard that the UFC agrees to put on the fight at a different weight than 135lbs.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/8/3/9071517/tito-ortiz-cris-cyborg-doing-everything-possible-to-make-135-pounds

...says the guy who has no clue what Cyborg does or does not, but apparently is an authority on the issue...

images

I want to see the Cyborg fight. If she wins, she wins - if not, no big deal.:)

Ronda fans do want to see it, we know Ronda would wreck her. I'm just sick of the retarded mental gymnastics people do to hate on Ronda

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back