Why wouldn't everyone - including Rhonda's fans - want Cyborg?

I think everyone does but cyborg. She needs to make 135#.

The heart wants what it doesn't have.

you think nunes and mcmann can beat cyborg?

I think McMann beats Cyborg 6/10 times at 135, not sure at higher weights. McMann has better wrestling/TDD and the Cupcake Orbital Buster Punch which makes her more dangerous to Ronda than Borg.

Cyborg beats Nunes 7/10 times due to way better cardio but Nunes is definitely a more dangerous matchup for Rousey because she has more 1-punch KO power.

*Ronda

Why? Tate and Cris both beat Coenen, which is Cris's only good win. Cat smashed Tate. The fact is, Cris has a horrendous resume. Absolutely terrible garbage resume.

Resume? Who cares I can see with my own two eyes who's a good fighter and who's not. It's like picking an "up and comer" over somebody who's beaten some names and had a good career. Cyborg is a good fighter and especially better than the ppl you mentioned. Don't care about "strength" of schedule especially when we are talking about a women's division lol it's laughable

I want to see it but I don't fault Ronda for using her leverage to get the fight to be at 135.

2-3 years ago: Ronda vs Cyborg = 550-650k ppv buys

1 more year of them crushing cans in their respective divisions: Ronda vs Cyborg = 1m+ ppv buys easy.

I want to see her fight Cyborg.

I want to see her fight a provably clean Cyborg at 135.

I'll never understand why we care about "clean" fights. I think all these fighters ought to be jacked up on drugs. I want to see the best fights not the cleanest ones. I don't give a shit about their future health.

I think absolutely EVERYBODY absolutely wants to see Ronda vs Cyborg.

It's just not going to happen in the UFC unless it's at 135, for the title.

Fans just don't want to get over the fact that the UFC is a BUSINESS. There is no upside for them if this fight takes place north of 135, unless they have plans of absorbing Invicta's 145 weight division.

It's not rocket science it's just business. As far as the fight actually taking place the only one standing in its way is Cyborg.

Apparently Bethe Correia is a better fighter than Cyborg or something.
I dunno. People are fucked.

We all do want the fight, but every time it gets close to being made Cris fails a drug test or Cris dodges strict testing and runs to another org or Cris gains 15lbs.

Imagine this: your last ppv sold 4,800 buys, and you made $50,000. You are given a year to lose ~10lbs to fight in the best mma league for the belt, on a ppv that easily does 1m buys and easily nets you millions of dollars. Plus, you get to fight your arch enemy, the girl you talk and tweet about nonstop, the one who keeps you up at night, the one you are utterly obsessed with that you need to beat to prove you are legit. Would you lose the weight, pass the drug tests, and make the fight happen?

It seems Cris wants the fight, but when it comes down to it she avoids it like the plague.

/thread.

Never have I seen a nobody with such a patchy history call out someone in a lighter weight class as much as Cyborg.

I'd buy the PPV but my interest level wouldn't be any higher than any other Ronda PPV. My feelings are mainly due to feeling Cyborg doesn't have any more of a chance against Ronda than anhkne else. I'd love it if they fought and it was a battle before Ronda gets the win but I don't see how it would be.

Yes, I know I'm a minority.

i like the 140 pound non-title fight.

or lets get weird ... copromote a ppv with invicta. its a normal UFC event but have the headliner be ronda vs cyborg at 145 for cyborgs invicta belt. if ronda wins she simply keeps the belt as a souvenir but relinquishes the title. then starts fighting men i guess.

If it it happens fine. I'm not pleading for it. I certainly don't blame Rousey for not wanting to move up at any weight to face her. Cyborg needs Rousey more than Rousey needs her so let her make it at Rousey's weight if she can. If the fight never happens I will not feel I've missed anything.

Resume? Who cares I can see with my own two eyes who's a good fighter and who's not. It's like picking an "up and comer" over somebody who's beaten some names and had a good career. Cyborg is a good fighter and especially better than the ppl you mentioned. Don't care about "strength" of schedule especially when we are talking about a women's division lol it's laughable

Remember when Overeem looked awesome smashing the Paul Buentellos of the world? How'd he do against Bigfoot, Browne, Rothwell?

There is no proof she is better than Cat, Tate, or McMann. You're basing your opinion on flawed data; that is that Cris fights 128lb Japanese girls (Akano), part time fighters (Muxlaw, Finney, Tweet) and low level girls with terrible records (Finney 8-11, Muxlaw 6-3, Tweet 6-5). Plus, 36 year old 135lb Yoko Takahashi went to a decision with Cris. Would Yoko make it out of the first round with Ronda, Cat, Tate, McMann? Doubtful. Yoko has the stellar record of 17-12, and was knocked out in the first round by Coenen, Becky Levi, Irma Verhoeff, and submitted in the first round by Irina Rodina, and Coenen twice.

If Becky Levi can ko Takahashi in the first, how come Cris couldn't?

if they ever get in the cage, ronda should not stand in the pocket and throw down with cyborg like she did with betch ... I still got ronda in the fight but she's gotta go back to her judo IMO

If Cyborg is clean, she can make 135 easy. And Ronda runs over her like everyone else.

Because she is essentially 2 weight classes bigger.

I'll never understand why we care about "clean" fights. I think all these fighters ought to be jacked up on drugs. I want to see the best fights not the cleanest ones. I don't give a shit about their future health.

What would be even better is if they fought with knives or swords - lets face it, unarmed fighting is boring compared to the old Roman gladiator thing. And if we don't care about future health, there's no reason not to do it.

I'd pick Rousey against Cyborg with knives and swords, because she's faster. Not as certain how it'd play out if they used guns (let's face it, that's where the real action is - its why most action movies have guns and explosives).

The only reason weapons aren't allowed is because society cares about the fighters' health.

Every body wants to see it. What weight they want to see it varies.

That sums it up very well.

Back