Why wouldn't everyone - including Rhonda's fans - want Cyborg?

This fight never happens, at least not in the immediate future. Financially from a UFC perspective it makes sense to dangle this around while Ronda is crushing PPV number along with the questionable competition. When the numbers start to slip we will see the UFC PR machine go to work.

Ronda has no incentive to make the fight happen, at least not in the near future as there is an abundance of rematches to make and remake and as long as people purchase the PPV and sell out the seats this is what we will get for a long time to come.

I personally would like to see the fight at 145 or a 140 catch weight, but then again it doesn't make any sense at this stage in her career for Ronda to accept it.

Last edited:
I'd like to see the fight but unless Cyborg can get to 135 it really doesn't make sense for the UFC. If she beats Ronda then they have a fighter that doesn't even have a weight class or anyone to fight that would be a draw (except a rematch with Rousey), and Rousey still as champ but with the belt devalued which will cause the UFC to lose a lot of attention that Ronda brings in.

For the UFC and Ronda there is a lot to lose without that much to gain. Ronda is already a big draw and having her beat one of the 135ers they already have will sell almost as good as the Cyborg fight because outside of hardcore MMA fans not that many people know who Cyborg is. Also, Ronda has already hinted she will retire soon. If she loses to Cyborg then decides to retire it would pretty much collapse women's MMA because there would be no legit 135lb champ and any fight with Cyborg would have to be a catchweight.

Moving up 5lbs for a catchweight fight isn't bending over backwards. In fact it's quite common in the fight game.

Rhonda would get beat badly by any ufc male fighter in her weight class.
Gaining weight to take a non-title fight against a relative nobody from a second-rate promotion is bending over backwards. Ronda has no reason to want this fight; I doubt she regards Cyborg as some kind of next level challenge like you do. Cyborg is beneath Ronda in every conceivable way, so why is Ronda the one that needs to make this fight happen?

Again, it's only a handful of neckbeard Ronda haters that want to pretend Cyborg is some next-level MMA fighter that Ronda's afraid of, and if Ronda beat Cyborg they'd ditch Cyborg for the next oversized nobody.

I do agree that Ronda gets beat badly by any top 15 male fighter, though, but until WMMA becomes much more than it is men are all that's really left for someone like Ronda.

Fear.

Ronda is an unstoppable Goddess, unless it's against a real threat then there is no reason to actually fight.

It's the only fight for Rhonda that is interesting at all. Why wouldn't everybody, including her fans want to see it? I don't know who would win, but I'd like to see it.

Because some of us don't really care about either one of them.

Because cyborg is s roided up juice monster and she doesn't deserve to fight let alone fight Rousey.

Unless its at 135 I'm not interested. Cyborg started her career at 135 so she can make the weight. No need for the champ to make exceptions in this case.

Gaining weight to take a non-title fight against a relative nobody from a second-rate promotion is bending over backwards. Ronda has no reason to want this fight; I doubt she regards Cyborg as some kind of next level challenge like you do. Cyborg is beneath Ronda in every conceivable way, so why is Ronda the one that needs to make this fight happen?

Again, it's only a handful of neckbeard Ronda haters that want to pretend Cyborg is some next-level MMA fighter that Ronda's afraid of, and if Ronda beat Cyborg they'd ditch Cyborg for the next oversized nobody.

I do agree that Ronda gets beat badly by any top 15 male fighter, though, but until WMMA becomes much more than it is men are all that's really left for someone like Ronda.

Rhonda wouldn't have to gain weight to fight at 140. She starves herself and lays in salt baths to get to 135. She def walks around 150lbs+

Rhonda wouldn't have to gain weight to fight at 140. She starves herself and lays in salt baths to get to 135. She def walks around 150lbs+
She'll have to gain weight to be the same size as Cyborg on fight day. Once Cyborg hydrates back up Ronda's going to be severely physically disadvantaged if she hasn't packed on an extra 10lbs or so.

I think absolutely EVERYBODY absolutely wants to see Ronda vs Cyborg.

It's just not going to happen in the UFC unless it's at 135, for the title.

Fans just don't want to get over the fact that the UFC is a BUSINESS. There is no upside for them if this fight takes place north of 135, unless they have plans of absorbing Invicta's 145 weight division.

Hmmm... no upside??? Rhonda being a two div champ and doing so by beating the previous "unbeatable" champ at her own weight class, is HUGE upside.

The only reason to make it at 135 is to protect Rhonda from a possible loss by handicapping Cyborg.

Back