Why wouldn't everyone - including Rhonda's fans - want Cyborg?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by DaisyDuke, Aug 3, 2015.

1. DaisyDuke

DaisyDuke Orange Belt

It's the only fight for Rhonda that is interesting at all. Why wouldn't everybody, including her fans want to see it? I don't know who would win, but I'd like to see it.

2. countswagula

countswagula Gold Belt

Unless it's at 145lbs I'm not terribly interested to be honest

3. Reach4theSky

Reach4theSky Playin' a riddim

If it happens, great!

If not, oh well.

I think Ronda runs through her regardless.

4. BigMuffler

BigMuffler Loli is love loli is life!

This is just an opinion and a silly one IMO, McMann and Nunes have a better chance of beating Ronda than Cyborg and Cat/NeoTate have about the same chance. I don't think Holm really has much of a chance but a matchup with her is as 'interesting' just to settle it since a lot of people hype Holly.

I have no idea why sheeple are so strongly convinced that Cyborg is that much better by leaps and bounds than any other potential Ronda opponent, what has she ever done to prove it? She has beaten ONE top 5 BW level fighter who was also finished by Tate, other than that she beat Gina whose resume is weak by modern standards and Shayna Baszler big whoop.

She 'looks invincible' against weak opponents? Big deal, Cain and Pettis looked invincible with more wins over top comp to back it up, MMA fans ought to have learned their lesson by now not to declare someone a GOAT without a long ass resume to show for it but nope.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  5. nonfighter

nonfighter Brown Belt

I think absolutely EVERYBODY absolutely wants to see Ronda vs Cyborg.

It's just not going to happen in the UFC unless it's at 135, for the title.

Fans just don't want to get over the fact that the UFC is a BUSINESS. There is no upside for them if this fight takes place north of 135, unless they have plans of absorbing Invicta's 145 weight division.

6. mma2013

mma2013 Purple Belt

i'd pay $60 to buy the ppv for ronda vs cyborg. ronda vs tate 3, no thanks.

7. Malthian

Malthian Purple Belt

Everyone wants to see the fight. Many of us don't care if it happens at 135 or 145. If Cyborg is any good she can beat Rousey at 135 or 145 so she should stop complaining and make 135 because the UFC and Rousey aren't going to budge.

Realistically, many of us accept that money is what makes the world go around. The UFC isn't going to let the fight happen at 140 or 145 for business reasons so we accept that until Cyborg makes 135 this fight isn't going to happen.

Some posters here think that Rousey and the UFC should do a catch weight fight. Those of us who can put ourselves in their shoes understand why they would only do this fight at 135.

In the end, the UFC and Rousey will do what's best for them. Cyborg is trying to do what's best for her. Unfortunately for Cyborg, the UFC and Rousey hold all the cards. Cyborg is trying to make the UFC and Rousey fold with a pair of 3's while they're holding full houses.

We're just the consumers. If the money isn't there, we can't expect the UFC or Rousey to change their stance any more than expecting Nike or McDonalds to make changes on their own.

8. sdss

sdss Brown Belt

I want to see her fight Cyborg.

I want to see her fight a provably clean Cyborg at 135.

9. I WILL CUT YOU

I WILL CUT YOU Calamity from the Heavens Platinum Member

We all do want the fight, but every time it gets close to being made Cris fails a drug test or Cris dodges strict testing and runs to another org or Cris gains 15lbs.

Imagine this: your last ppv sold 4,800 buys, and you made $50,000. You are given a year to lose ~10lbs to fight in the best mma league for the belt, on a ppv that easily does 1m buys and easily nets you millions of dollars. Plus, you get to fight your arch enemy, the girl you talk and tweet about nonstop, the one who keeps you up at night, the one you are utterly obsessed with that you need to beat to prove you are legit. Would you lose the weight, pass the drug tests, and make the fight happen?

It seems Cris wants the fight, but when it comes down to it she avoids it like the plague.

10. Towelie by TKO

Towelie by TKO The Continental Belt

Getting awarded a Plat account for posting nudes.
    I want to see it, I just don't think it's realistic unless Cyborg can make the weight because without a division for Cyborg to compete in, there's nothing the UFC can do with her.

11. Godzilla3232

Godzilla3232 Red Belt

We do want Cyborg. We want her to make weight and fight for Ronda's title. If she has to ditch her steroids and lose some muscle to do it than so be it.

What I personally don't want is a meaningless side-show fight at a catchweight.

12. TheScorpionDude

TheScorpionDude Get over here! ~~~~~~~~~~~~==>

With Fedor coming back I really couldn't give two fucks about WMMA or what can Ronda fights. Call me when there is a "wardrobe malfunction" or something :)

13. infamousXX87XX

infamousXX87XX Purple Belt

I usually don't care to comment on ronda threads because of how silly and ridiculous her "fans" are. The things they say are really something else. You call it a "silly opinion" but believe it lol

14. Black Blood

Black Blood Purple Belt

I think just about everyone does want to see it. Supporters seem to fall into a couple of categories:

Make the fight at 135; Cyborg needs to come to the champ.

Make the fight at 140; catchweight to make a more even playing field.

Make the fight at 145; if Ronda is so damn good she should have no problem moving up in weight.

I think Cyborg should come down to 135. She should stop bitching about not being able to cut enough weight and instead get on a decent diet plan.

15. I WILL CUT YOU

I WILL CUT YOU Calamity from the Heavens Platinum Member

*Ronda

Why? Tate and Cris both beat Coenen, which is Cris's only good win. Cat smashed Tate. The fact is, Cris has a horrendous resume. Absolutely terrible garbage resume.

16. bowened

bowened face kick

Everybody wants to see the fight. I think some understand the difficulty in making it happen when the challenger is being a bit of a diva and demanding special accommodations.

17. Internet Fairy

Internet Fairy Yellow Belt

It would be an awesome one, imagine that PPV.

18. Th3Sav4ge

Th3Sav4ge "What the fuck is happening!?"

you think nunes and mcmann can beat cyborg? or do you think style wise nunes getting pounded by cat, and mcmann getting tko by rousey are better stylistic match ups against ronda?

so gina was never alive in your world?. her resume name wise isnt as nice as rousey no. but cmon bro

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  19. BigMuffler

BigMuffler Loli is love loli is life!

I called the opinion I quoted a silly opinion dumbass.

Keep drinking the Cyborg Kool-Aid, just goes to show how gullible many MMA fans are.

20. chunglii

chunglii No Me Duele Staff Member Senior Moderator

Every body wants to see it. What weight they want to see it varies.