Why wouldn't everyone - including Rhonda's fans - want Cyborg?

Remember when Overeem looked awesome smashing the Paul Buentellos of the world? How's he do against Bigfoot, Browne, Rothwell?

There is no proof she is better than Cat, Tate, or McMann. You're basing your opinion on flawed data; that is that Cris fights 128lb Japanese girls (Akano), part time fighters (Muxlaw, Finney, Tweet) and low level girls with terrible records (Finney 8-11, Muxlaw 6-3, Tweet 6-5). Plus, 36 year old 135lb Yoko Takahashi went to a decision with Cris. Would Yoko make it out of the first round with Ronda, Cat, Tate, McMann? Doubtful. Yoko has the stellar record of 17-12, and was knocked out in the first round by Coenen, Becky Levi, Irma Verhoeff, and submitted in the first round by Irina Rodina, and Coenen twice.

If Becky Levi can ko Takahashi in the first, how come Cris couldn't?

I understand your point but if that's the case can we say the same thing about Ronda? I mean come on it's the women's division and it's very very amateurish. Bethe was undefeated and looked like she didn't belong in there. She didn't belong in there when she won too so what does that say about the division as a whole? Ronda and Cyborg are more than a few notches above the rest of the division. I just think anybody can see this but to attack resumes is crazy because everybody's resume sucks in that division if you ask me.

I understand your point but if that's the case can we say the same thing about Ronda? I mean come on it's the women's division and it's very very amateurish. Bethe was undefeated and looked like she didn't belong in there. She didn't belong in there when she won too so what does that say about the division as a whole? Ronda and Cyborg are more than a few notches above the rest of the division. I just think anybody can see this but to attack resumes is crazy because everybody's resume sucks in that division if you ask me.

Bethe clearly talked her way into a title shot that she hadn't earned. Cat, Tate, McMann, Kaufman, Budd, Carmouche- are all great wins and good fighters.

I love how your tone changed when I put you in your place.

I think McMann beats Cyborg 6/10 times at 135, not sure at higher weights. McMann has better wrestling/TDD and the Cupcake Orbital Buster Punch which makes her more dangerous to Ronda than Borg.

Cyborg beats Nunes 7/10 times due to way better cardio but Nunes is definitely a more dangerous matchup for Rousey because she has more 1-punch KO power.

oh you just dont like cyborg i get it now

Ronda and Cyborg are more than a few notches above the rest of the division. I just think anybody can see this

Just because YOU perceive this doesn't mean 'anybody' can or that it's true. People said stuff like 'anybody can see Cain is much better than Werdum' and it was widely accepted only to be proven wrong right?

NeoTate>Cyborg
McMann>Cyborg
Cat=Cyborg

oh you just dont like cyborg i get it now

I think Cyborg's power and especially the danger to Ronda of her single shots is overrated, Nunes/McMann and Ronda herself have done better damage with single punches than she has... despite Ronda/McMann not even being primary strikers.

Imagine if Nunes/McMann/Ronda got to tee off on Finney for as many punches as Cyborg did.

everyone wants to see it

cyborg doesnt want it or she would have lost a few pounds of muscles and got a free title shot

I think everyone would like to see this fight, but only for a title and not some BS catchweight fight where nothing is really on the line.

Justino needs Ronda and the UFC to keep her in the public eye otherwise nobody gives a shit about her. She can hide out at Invicta and fight their revolving lineup of cans (not that the 135'ers in the UFC are worldbeaters but come on) and she can chirp at Ronda from a distance, safe in the knowledge that she'll never have to put her money where her mouth is. Meanwhile Ronda can cash in, make her movies, have a good life.

Weigh-in Ronda looked good eh? Not quite Tate, but pretty decent.

I think Cyborg's power and especially the danger to Ronda of her single shots is overrated, Nunes/McMann and Ronda herself have done better damage with single punches than she has... despite Ronda/McMann not even being primary strikers.

Imagine if Nunes/McMann/Ronda got to tee off on Finney for as many punches as Cyborg did.

ronda ko'd bethe bro calm down. mcmann didnt Ko tate. yes she broke her orbital but are you gonna say cyborgs never done major damage to an opponents face? your a hater bro

i like rousey more as a fighter. but i think cyborg mauls her.

ronda ko'd bethe bro calm down. mcmann didnt Ko tate. yes she broke her orbital but are you gonna say cyborgs never done major damage to an opponents face? your a hater bro

I see you edited out the 'nose' comment but I'll address anyway, noses break easier than orbitals. I guess you realized that hence the edit.

Ronda KOed Bethe and Davis while Cyborg has never properly turned the lights out on someone.

oh look another cyborg thread...... yawn

Bethe clearly talked her way into a title shot that she hadn't earned. Cat, Tate, McMann, Kaufman, Budd, Carmouche- are all great wins and good fighters.

I love how your tone changed when I put you in your place.

My place? About the Overeem point?

That was the media and some fans putting him on a pedestal. Anybody who's been watching Overeem in the PRIDE day's were not surprised that if he can't bully you then he fades. Tell me something I don't know.

To relate that to Cyborg. I can say the same thing about Ronda. You need to get it through your head that their are only two fighter's in that division who have the ability to over power their opponents in whatever way because it's a weak division. Women's mma needs time to evolve and throwing around resumes is a joke. They both do the same rinse and repeat stuff. Wonder why Satoshi Ishii couldn't throw his opponents around everywhere who happens to be a gold medalist? Or Hidehiko Yoshida? Maybe you can figure it out

It's the only fight for Rhonda that is interesting at all. Why wouldn't everybody, including her fans want to see it? I don't know who would win, but I'd like to see it.

I think most fans of either fighter would like to see the fight. The question is whether Cyborg should be able to come into the UFC from the outside and dictate the weight at which the fight would be fought.

Just because YOU perceive this doesn't mean 'anybody' can or that it's true. People said stuff like 'anybody can see Cain is much better than Werdum' and it was widely accepted only to be proven wrong right?

NeoTate>Cyborg
McMann>Cyborg
Cat=Cyborg

I agree.

Check my post history. I was saying Werdum was going to win. It was minority opinion for sure

We do want Cyborg. We want her to make weight and fight for Ronda's title. If she has to ditch her steroids and lose some muscle to do it than so be it.

What I personally don't want is a meaningless side-show fight at a catchweight.

Meaningless? The idea would be to see who is better. What are you concerned about, the division? The division is a joke. I get that the UFC has to worry about this, but as a fan all you have to worry about is seeing who is better.

It's the only fight for Rhonda that is interesting at all. Why wouldn't everybody, including her fans want to see it? I don't know who would win, but I'd like to see it.

Why isnt Cyborg's fans on her ass about losing 10lbs?

What would be even better is if they fought with knives or swords - lets face it, unarmed fighting is boring compared to the old Roman gladiator thing. And if we don't care about future health, there's no reason not to do it.

I'd pick Rousey against Cyborg with knives and swords, because she's faster. Not as certain how it'd play out if they used guns (let's face it, that's where the real action is - its why most action movies have guns and explosives).

The only reason weapons aren't allowed is because society cares about the fighters' health.

That sums it up very well.

Don't be such a delusional pussy. All the fights you watched growing up or whatever and most of them now are not "clean"

Everyone wants to see the fight. Many of us don't care if it happens at 135 or 145. If Cyborg is any good she can beat Rousey at 135 or 145 so she should stop complaining and make 135 because the UFC and Rousey aren't going to budge.

Realistically, many of us accept that money is what makes the world go around. The UFC isn't going to let the fight happen at 140 or 145 for business reasons so we accept that until Cyborg makes 135 this fight isn't going to happen.

Some posters here think that Rousey and the UFC should do a catch weight fight. Those of us who can put ourselves in their shoes understand why they would only do this fight at 135.

In the end, the UFC and Rousey will do what's best for them. Cyborg is trying to do what's best for her. Unfortunately for Cyborg, the UFC and Rousey hold all the cards. Cyborg is trying to make the UFC and Rousey fold with a pair of 3's while they're holding full houses.

We're just the consumers. If the money isn't there, we can't expect the UFC or Rousey to change their stance any more than expecting Nike or McDonalds to make changes on their own.

Great post. I agree.

Cyborg is not the killer she is made out to be. Granted Ronda has not been faced with real challenges outside of Miesha but Cyborg has faced worse.

Her last fight was almost criminal.

I've just watched Cyborg's last three fights and the one take-away is that she is actually quite sloppy and her power is overrated.

Miesha or Zingano should welcome Cyborg to the UFC.

She loses both fights.

Why isnt Cyborg's fans on her ass about losing 10lbs?

Because they are a lot less confident Cyborg wins at 135.

Same reason Rousey's fans generally aren't bullish on her taking the fight at 145, they are not as confident Rousey wins at 145.

In any inter-divisional fight, either one fighter will have a size advantage or will be worn out from a tough weight cut.

No matter where one thinks this fight should take place, it will only happen at 135.

Cyborg is not the killer she is made out to be. Granted Ronda has not been faced with real challenges outside of Miesha but Cyborg has faced worse.

Her last fight was almost criminal.

I've just watched Cyborg's last three fights and the one take-away is that she is actually quite sloppy and her power is overrated.

Miesha or Zingano should welcome Cyborg to the UFC.

She loses both fights.

Sure there are some people who think Cyborg is all hype. I personally don't know. But the point is that a lot of people think that she can beat Rhonda, which is more than can be said about any of her past or foreseeable future opponents. It's the only interesting fight.

Back