Why would Machida get a title shot?

Who's better? No use rushing Gus and Glover along when they're not ready. If Machida beats Hendo he's the no.2 in the division.

lol what the hell did you used to translate this? i need someone else who speaks spanish to let this guy know that was barely readable.

You can't be that terrible at reading two languages, or you're lying about speaking spanish.

I don't even remember what i typed and i can make out what it says.

method=get&rs=67&q=75&x=71&y=32&w=310&h=165&ro=0&s=lyoto-machida.png

LOL, love pathetic little haters like you....

Dude is among the most honorable warriors I've ever seen, whether in victory or defeat.

You have to understand stoicism is among the qualities embodied by the dragon that is most admired by his fans.

Grow up, you come off as a teenage girl.

You can't be that terrible at reading two languages, or you're lying about speaking spanish.

I don't even remember what i typed and i can make out what it says.

One of the very few things that i was able to read is that you thought Machida shoudlve won the decision than why are you contradicting yourself ?

This woudlnt be the first time fightmetric gives the victory to a guy who many people thought had lost.

So how did YOU score the fight. Lets hear it my man. You probably haven't watched the fight very often or recently. I watch it all the time. I know this fight like the back of my hand. Rampage threw more, and landed more, and was more aggressive in the first 2 rounds. The majority of Lyotos attacks in the first 2 rounds were kicks to the legs. The majority of Rampages attacks were punches.

I had at least one of the first two rounds a 10-10(I wont speak on which, because i may get the two confused, but i believe it was the first), and then a 10-8 Machida in the 3rd.

U giving out 10-8 's like there candy , one flurry doesn't come close to a 10-8 round

He destroyed Page.

He won first Shogun fight.

He just lost to jones but everyone loses to him.

STFU noob.

What have you done for me lately? Bader, Hendo and hypothetically Gus is enough to certify a shot in my book.

One of the very few things that i was able to read is that you thought Machida shoudlve won the decision than why are you contradicting yourself ?
The first two rounds were close. If it was "Clearly" Machida's round, he would have won it. I thought he did, of course, but it was still very close.

I said previously i thought Machida should have won the round.
I thought he should have lost.
He won a close decision.

What exactly am i contradicting?
The part where i have been typing that I thought Lyoto should have won the decision since the first page of the thread?

I really hope i'm getting trolled. If not, i'm going to pray for whoever you treat with your medical degree.

U giving out 10-8 's like there candy , one flurry doesn't come close to a 10-8 round

It was more than a flurry, it was an entire round that was all Machida, with no offensive output from Rampge, which is the definition of a 10-8.

It was a close fight, i'm not sour over it, just how i saw it.

sure why not, then but from the first fight Jones can stand toe toe in the stand up but machida is outclassed, on the ground. don't see it going any different.

So how did YOU score the fight. Lets hear it my man. You probably haven't watched the fight very often or recently. I watch it all the time. I know this fight like the back of my hand. Rampage threw more, and landed more, and was more aggressive in the first 2 rounds. The majority of Lyotos attacks in the first 2 rounds were kicks to the legs. The majority of Rampages attacks were punches.

I have the entire UFC 123 event on my computer so trust me ive watched the fight enough times.

I had Round 1 easily a 10-9 for Machida

Round 2: 10-9 for Rampage only because of the takedown wich makes a huge difference in the judges eyes.

Round 3: Probably the easiest one to score was a 10-9 for Machida.

So there you go i had it 29-28 for Machida, any other question?

It's always jarring when you run into a fanatic of a fighter you admire here on Sherdog.

I remember first running into the Gus fanatics. This thread is funny.

So the Lyoto Henderson fight is for the number one contender's spot right? I understand Hendo getting the shot, but why would Machida get another shot? In his last six fights he lost (arguably) 2 fights to shogun, got beat by Rampage, and then lost to Jones. Then he beat Randy and Ryan Bader. Cool. He's already been beaten by Jones, shouldn't this be a situation like Belfort Bisping where Vitor won't get another shot if he wins?

Why is Lyoto getting another shot? Imo he's shown nothing that leads me to believe he will beat Jones with another shot.

First of all, if you can add "arguably" to say he lost twice to Rua, how can you not say he "arguably" beat Rampage? Hell, even Quinton said he got his arse whooped!

Then you also forgot to mention he took the first fight against Jones in short notice.

Add the fact Dana said he got the top spot after beating a top contender in Bader, and you should understand why he got another title shot.

But obviously... hater's gonna hate! :rolleyes:

Do they even have such thing as "a fight for first contender status" in UFC these days?

Bisping gets it, but not Belfort.
Diaz, Sonnen and Edgar get one after losing.
Cain gets a shot after one win. Would Bigfoot be granted if he managed to beat Cain one?
If Bigfoot beats Overeem would they allow him to rematch Cain?
Who the hell is next after Sonnen? Machida-Hendo, Rashad-Lil Nog, Cormier, Gus?
I think everybody were sure that Kampmann-Hendricks fights GSP next. So?

I had at least one of the first two rounds a 10-10(I wont speak on which, because i may get the two confused, but i believe it was the first), and then a 10-8 Machida in the 3rd.

See, that is what most people remember a mix of, but the fight didn't go down like that. Round 3 was not a 10-8 round first, because Rampage blocked a lot of Machidas attacks. Rampage got beaten bad, but he was never defenseless and never really rocked.

The biggest moment of round 3 was where Machida went hardcore on him, but Rampage came out of it fine aggressively. Machida also almost caught Lyoto in a submission, but near submissions don't really score. Position is what scores in grappling, and Rampage didn't really lose position that much. In fact, he almost slammed Lyoto. You can't have the strength to slam a guy from an armbar in a 10-8 round.

Round 1 was this repeatedly. Lyoto lands a kick to the leg, Rampage throws 2-3 punches:
0000000000000.gif

Round 3 was these:
ufc123Machida3.gif

0001.gif

If you notice during the big combo Lyoto had, Rampage is able to effectively cover up and block most of it, and most of the initial shots didn't land clean. Rampage also lands a few decent shots of his own coming out of it before getting tripped. It was a great round for Machida, but overall not dominant enough for a 10-8 in my books.

It is important to note NONE of the judges scored any round a 10-10 and none of them score round 3 a 10-8. In fact, hardly anyone scored round 3 a 10-8 anywhere.

Check out the poll here, most people scored the fight for Rampage:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/11/...kson-vs-lyoto-machida-marred-by-tired-judging

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back