Why would Machida get a title shot?

agalsed

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
So the Lyoto Henderson fight is for the number one contender's spot right? I understand Hendo getting the shot, but why would Machida get another shot? In his last six fights he lost (arguably) 2 fights to shogun, got beat by Rampage, and then lost to Jones. Then he beat Randy and Ryan Bader. Cool. He's already been beaten by Jones, shouldn't this be a situation like Belfort Bisping where Vitor won't get another shot if he wins?

Why is Lyoto getting another shot? Imo he's shown nothing that leads me to believe he will beat Jones with another shot.

So the Lyoto Henderson fight is for the number one contender's spot right? I understand Hendo getting the shot, but why would Machida get another shot? In his last six fights he lost (arguably) 2 fights to shogun, got beat by Rampage, and then lost to Jones. Then he beat Randy and Ryan Bader. Cool. He's already been beaten by Jones, shouldn't this be a situation like Belfort Bisping where Vitor won't get another shot if he wins?

Why is Lyoto getting another shot? Imo he's shown nothing that leads me to believe he will beat Jones with another shot.

He got royally screwed against Rampage. That was 1 of the worst decisions in UFC history next to Bisping/Hamill

He doesn't deserve it. Jones is running out of challengers though and Lyoto had that one spot in the first round where people think he can beat Jones with the right gameplan.

Cause he's top 5 already. Beating the #1 contender makes you the #1 contender in that situation.

No one should fight Jones, ever.

But to answer your question, TS, when people beat top contenders in their division, they get title shots.

Dan Henderson is about the number 2 or 3 guy depending on how you slice it, and Machida beating him would make him the number 2 guy in the division.

There you go, Welcome to MMA.

By beating one top 10 and one top 5 fighter, he being a top 5 himself?

He beat Page imo and took a short notice fight against Jones. He should be able to have a real full camp against him. He's earned it.

He got royally screwed against Rampage. That was 1 of the worst decisions in UFC history next to Bisping/Hamill

Coming from a Machida fanboy, I'm seen far, far worse.
The first two rounds were close, and Machida should have been more active. He only has himself to blame, really.

No shame in losing a decision where you're clearly the better fighter.

I think machida is the biggest threat to jones personally. Even with the first outcome..

By beating one top 10 and one top 5 fighter, he being a top 5 himself?

If he beats Hendo, he will have 3-4 wins in the top 10, depending on where you place Bader, and will have 3 wins in the top 5 (outside of himself).

Coming from a Machida fanboy, I'm seen far, far worse.
The first two rounds were close, and Machida should have been more active. He only has himself to blame, really.

No shame in losing a decision where you're clearly the better fighter.

Well you are clearly not a Machida fan, i was 100% sure Lyoto was going to get the victory and he didnt.

The 1st round wasnt even close IMO, Rampage landed 3 uppercuts in the entire fight and that was it.

Well, if you say that he lost the first Shogun fight, you have to agree that others might consider that he won the Rampage fight. Then again, the defeat(s) to Shogun and Jones were title fights, which are in my opinion not that bad.
As a Machida fan I also think that he did quite good during their fight and that he could do better, even if ranking-wise it's not perfect.

Well you are clearly not a Machida fan, i was 100% sure Lyoto was going to get the victory and he didnt.

The 1st round wasnt even close IMO, Rampage landed 3 uppercuts in the entire fight and that was it.

No, i'm a machida fan, you don't have the authority to tell me what i like and what i don't.

The first two rounds were close. If it was "Clearly" Machida's round, he would have won it. I thought he did, of course, but it was still very close.

You don't have to hyperbolize and whine like a child about "Robberies!" to be a fan of someone.

I think it's mainly because if he does beat Hendo they won't really have anyone for Jones to fight... He's beaten everyone good besides Hendo so they have to start recycling. The only other option is gusto but her's not a very big name so they probably want him to get a couple more wins

He was named the no. 1 contender after beating Bader. So basically, Hendo/Machida is a fight between the last two no. 1 contenders, neither of whom actually got their respective title shots for various reasons (which could, to certain degrees, be deemed their fault).

No one should fight Jones, ever.

But to answer your question, TS, when people beat top contenders in their division, they get title shots.

Dan Henderson is about the number 2 or 3 guy depending on how you slice it, and Machida beating him would make him the number 2 guy in the division.

There you go, Welcome to MMA.

Yup, this about sums it up.

No, i'm a machida fan, you don't have the authority to tell me what i like and what i don't.

The first two rounds were close. If it was "Clearly" Machida's round, he would have won it. I thought he did, of course, but it was still very close.

You don't have to hyperbolize and whine like a child about "Robberies!" to be a fan of someone.

I dont see Machida in your AV or Sig, you are also claiming he didnt won a fight that all Machida fans agree he did.

Looks like everyone can call himself a fanboy nowadays, you dont support Machida in any part of that post other than "im a Machida fanboy".

Rampage landed 3 uppercuts tell me Machida fanboy how he won?

Machida was actually doing alright' against Jones and he had a great gameplan. He trains with Silva so that is also a plus. I hope they make Machida Vs. BONES JONES II!~

I have to agree with you on the Bisping/Hamel and even Rampage/Machida as some of the worst decisons I ever saw.

Back