Why would Machida get a title shot?

Im 19 years old and i study medicine, this is a discussion forum im not here to sound smart.

Rampage thought he lost, why wouldnt you as a Machida fan agree with him?

With the reading comprehension you're showing you should really stick to studying. You're going to need it.

I thought he should have lost.
He won a close decision.

Should i draw it out for you in MS Paint or do you finally get it?

He got royally screwed against Rampage. That was 1 of the worst decisions in UFC history next to Bisping/Hamill

That decision was absurd! Anyway, its an interesting match up. The only guy that has taken a round from Bones...I'd watch it again

There's this thing called being objective. You can be a fan without blindly hugging someone's nuts with all your might.

False. If you are a fan of a fighter you have to either make an excuse for all losses or just flat out say your guy was robbed. For example, the only reason Matt Hughes lost to BJ the first time was because he underestimated him. GSP kicked him in the balls 9 times in their second fight. For Hughes/GSP 3, Hughes' heart wasn't in the fight because he was mourning the passing of his favorite goat and conflicted because he himself had killed and eaten the goat. And he straight up just never fought Alves and Koscheck - I don't know where you people came up with that.

Haha because when the top fighters face each other, they lose sometimes (unless yer Jon jones apparently)

False. If you are a fan of a fighter you have to either make an excuse for all losses or just flat out say your guy was robbed. For example, the only reason Matt Hughes lost to BJ the first time was because he underestimated him. GSP kicked him in the balls 9 times in their second fight. For Hughes/GSP 3, Hughes' heart wasn't in the fight because he was mourning the passing of his favorite goat and conflicted because he himself had killed and eaten the goat. And he straight up just never fought Alves and Koscheck - I don't know where you people came up with that.

Nice, you just compared a guy who got dominated with a guy whos opponent thought he lost you are so brilliant.

Im 19 years old and i study medicine, this is a discussion forum im not here to sound smart.

Rampage thought he lost, why wouldnt you as a Machida fan agree with him?

Actually, the fact that Rampage thought Machida won makes me think Rampage really did win because Rampage doesn't strike me as very smart.

Actually, the fact that Rampage thought Machida won makes me think Rampage really did win because Rampage doesn't strike me as very smart.

fuuuck, i lost.
Or did i win.

We need HC Daniel's opinion.

With the reading comprehension you're showing you should really stick to studying. You're going to need it.

I thought he should have lost.
He won a close decision.

Should i draw it out for you in MS Paint or do you finally get it?

Maybe its because english is not my first language why not talking in spanish so i can stop bothering you with my reading comprehension.

Fightmetric gave Lyoto the victory i dont know where you are going with this other than proving my point.

You do know that Fightmetric doesn't use the 10 point must scoring system to score their fights, right? They use their own scoring system, so to try to use that as backup for your argument is ridiculous.

If you look ABOVE their score, you will see it very clearly says "10 point must system" scored as a 29-29 draw. That means they gave Round 2 a 10-10 draw or Round 3 a 10-8 score. Most people agree was round 2 was Rampages round 10-9, and Round 3 was a 10-9 for Lyoto.

Try again though, because that was a pathetic rebuttal.

did you see Rampage's reaction after the decision was announced, even he thought he loss, GIF anyone?

That was only because of round 3. Nobody is disputing that Rampage got his ass kicked in round 3. But it definitely wasn't a 10-8 round in my books. When you get your ass kicked like Rampage did in round 3, you aren't going to be able to clearly judge the first 2 rounds.

I am hoping Hendo wins. I am also hoping Mousasi wins his next fight and is offered a title shot. I want new guys to get their chance before we start recycling.

That said, Machida remains a compelling fighter who I want to see fight Jones again. Someone suggested an ideal scenario where Sonnen gets injured (or busted for drugs) and Hendo steps in. Gus fights Mousasi in Sweden and the winner gets the winner of Hendo v Jones.

Peace will spontaneously break out everywhere.

Jones lineup after Vitor should have been Hendo ,Cormier, Gus and Glover in that order and Maybe Evans again if he gets a couple wins as he was the only one that looked like he was competitive IMO

For people who genuinely think Machida won verse Rampage: How did you score the fight?

I want to know what you scored for each round.

No, i'm a machida fan, you don't have the authority to tell me what i like and what i don't.

The first two rounds were close. If it was "Clearly" Machida's round, he would have won it. I thought he did, of course, but it was still very close.

You don't have to hyperbolize and whine like a child about "Robberies!" to be a fan of someone.

I like both guys and I thought they both lost :icon_chee

You do know that Fightmetric doesn't use the 10 point must scoring system to score their fights, right? They use their own scoring system, so to try to use that as backup for your argument is ridiculous.

If you look ABOVE their score, you will see it very clearly says "10 point must system" scored as a 29-29 draw. That means they gave Round 2 a 10-10 draw or Round 3 a 10-8 score. Most people agree was round 2 was Rampages round 10-9, and Round 3 was a 10-9 for Lyoto.

Try again though, because that was a pathetic rebuttal.

This woudlnt be the first time fightmetric gives the victory to a guy who many people thought had lost.

Stop bringing your calculators with you and argue like a men, Rampage himself called fighting Machida like fighting air, Machida made Rampage look silly with those punches and whooped his ass in the 3rd.

Rampage agreed with him too just to let you know.

For people who genuinely think Machida won verse Rampage: How did you score the fight?

I want to know what you scored for each round.

I had at least one of the first two rounds a 10-10(I wont speak on which, because i may get the two confused, but i believe it was the first), and then a 10-8 Machida in the 3rd.

Back