Why the hate for Denny's?

There isn't a Dennys where I live anymore but there are 4 in smaller towns within 30 miles. I think the one here closed about 20 years ago when Walgreen's bought the property. It was originally a Sambo's restaurant that became a Denny's when Sambo's closed.

It was too close to Perkins to get the breakfast business and too close to Wendy's and McDonalds for the day business. I think they were open all night.

Dennys has been my friend for many adventures

Skipping first hour with friends after a green breakfast
After a million punk ska and hardcore shows
3 am when theres nothing in the house and for some reason you need to eat unhealthy now
and of course many many stops after a night at the bar and all the hi jinx that goes with being in a rougher part of town in a room full of folks way to wasted to be in public

Anyone who hates dennys is a crazy person who has not been out and about having too good of a time. You know those times when your so good that your too good ? Dennys has ya covered

I love dennys and Im sad that all the ones near me are closed down now.

In my experience the service usually sucks. On the west coast you want to got Marie Calenders for breakfast. East coast I have no idea, but the Waffle House is definately a step up from Dennys.

Lol

TS uses Subway as his litmus test for good deli

Wasteland this shit thread.

Denny's is also garbage.

Dennys has been my friend for many adventures

Skipping first hour with friends after a green breakfast
After a million punk ska and hardcore shows
3 am when theres nothing in the house and for some reason you need to eat unhealthy now
and of course many many stops after a night at the bar and all the hi jinx that goes with being in a rougher part of town in a room full of folks way to wasted to be in public

Anyone who hates dennys is a crazy person who has not been out and about having too good of a time. You know those times when your so good that your too good ? Dennys has ya covered

I love dennys and Im sad that all the ones near me are closed down now.
Every decent sized city has a local version of Dennys that is a shit ton better. In Denver you have Pete's Kitchen and Tom's Diner.

Every decent sized city has a local version of Dennys that is a shit ton better. In Denver you have Pete's Kitchen and Tom's Diner.

Where I lived you had the blue roof and the red apple but it was a 50/50 on any given night that it was going to turn into the wild west and if you wanted to skip the risk of extreme violence dennys was always a better choice.

Where I lived you had the blue roof and the red apple but it was a 50/50 on any given night that it was going to turn into the wild west and if you wanted to skip the risk of extreme violence dennys was always a better choice.
Where the fuck did you live?? lol

Where the fuck did you live?? lol

Here and there over the years but the less nice places of metro Detroit. Its like anywhere else more or less most of the time but there are places you probably shoudnt linger if you scare easy

Lol I was eating my breakfast at our local Denny's at 4 am once. A dude pulled up outside and flashed his high beams through the window at a guy. The guy got up, produced an enormous knife from his jacket pocket, and strolled out the door.

We were all like check please.

It's a pretty shitty company

http://www.columbiajournal.ca/11-05/P1_Denny's.html

"A recent BC class action suit targeting the Canadian firm that operates the Denny’s franchise in Western Canada says that the over 50 Filipino workers who came to Canada to work for the firm were denied even the minimal protections of the existing Canadian programs, the Memorandum of Agreement between the BC government and Philippine governments and applicable BC labour law.....

"If the claims in the current class action are proven in court, it will not be the first time that the Denny’s brand has been associated with labour and/or human rights abuse. Denny’s in the US has a long and checkered history of labour and human rights difficulties in the US courts. And right here in Vancouver, labour and women’s liberation activists with long memories recall that a local Denny’s lay at the centre of an important dispute over allegations of abuse of both customers and employees in the 1970s.....

"In the United States, the home of the Denny’s brand, the core firm and its franchise holders have been the focus of legal actions alleging improper corporate treatment of both customers and staff over the years. In 1994 Denny’s settled two class action suits involving racial discrimination against African American customers. The damages paid under the settlement of the two actions came to over $46 million, which went to the 294,537 claimants named as members of the class action"

Lol I was eating my breakfast at our local Denny's at 4 am once. A dude pulled up outside and flashed his high beams through the window at a guy. The guy got up, produced an enormous knife from his jacket pocket, and strolled out the door.

We were all like check please.

Good times :)

Check please or just throwing cash on the table was always my response to sensing shit about to pop. No one wants to get hit be involved in a misunderstanding or have to talk to the police.

On a side note talking to the police when your wasted as hell but they arent there for you is kind of a hoot

dennys is the greatest, breakfast for supper ftw

Is that true? I always heard that about Golden Corral, but not Denny's.

It was sarcasm. There have been groups of blacks claiming discrimination that Denny's refused to serve them, or seated/served white people before them.

I have heard that black people like Red Lobster.

Denny's is one of those restaurants that isn't worth seeking out yet can be a convenience in times of need.

Their new burgers are quite shitty

Love their chicken fried steaks though...

It was sarcasm. There have been groups of blacks claiming discrimination that Denny's refused to serve them, or seated/served white people before them.

I have heard that black people like Red Lobster.
I like Red Lobster. The shit Red Lobster serves is pretty typical of seafood you'll get anywhere. You throw lobster in a pot of boiling water. Its no different anywhere, unless they put it in pasta or something and even then, the actual lobster is still prepared the same way.

When me and my high school chums would be out late, we would hit a Denny's. The Sampler is good for a quick fix, and bottomless coffee or soda. I would most certainly look elsewhere for anything other than, say, a burger and fries type.

I like Red Lobster. The shit Red Lobster serves is pretty typical of seafood you'll get anywhere. You throw lobster in a pot of boiling water. Its no different anywhere, unless they put it in pasta or something and even then, the actual lobster is still prepared the same way.

I quit going to Red Lobster about 10 years ago, when I ordered a steak and lobster meal, and the fucking lobster, of all things, was dry as fuck, as was the steak, which I order just seared and it comes back burnt to a fucking crisp. Needless to say I did not pay for the meal after a brief discussion with a manager, and I never went back, even though they gave me some coupons and apologized. I felt violated.

Denny's is the Taco Bell of white people food. It may taste good, but you better be able to find a can in the next 30 minutes.

It's news to me as well. I mean Perkins is better but Denny's is a fine establishment and the Tremendous 12 should be added to the HOF.

I will fight anyone attempting to besmirch Denny's, please send me a list of their addresses from the mod booth.

I came here to post Perkins. Every time I'm near Toronto I go to the one by Pearson International on Dixon Road. Pretty amazing breakfast.

Because is sucks shit... go to a mom and pop place instead of that garbage

i think it matters where you're from as well. when i lived in the chicago burbs, dennys was considered trash and the food really wasnt tasty, the service was upright horrible. in las vegas tho ive come to appreciate dennys, their food is good, their establishments are usually very clean, and great service. their buffalo chicken sammich is always a good choice.

Can't go wrong with eggs, hash browns, sausage, and bacon.

Because a family run diner can't be shitty either? They can be just as much of a hit or miss. I've had plenty of awful meals at diners with overcooked eggs, undercooked eggs, greasy ass food, etc. I mean, it's pretty hard to fuck up a standard egg, bacon / sausage, hashbrown / toast style breakfast, but I've been at diners that have managed to do so. With the chains / franchises it simply depends on the owner / manager and staff, like ramsiN mentioned. You name the fast food place and I've probably been to both good and bad locations.

Back