Why not create a "new normal" to prevent other deaths?

What made you even think i claimed something like that? You have trouble reading.

Anyway, you seem like a moron who thinks that everything harms everybody and there should be a law on everything. Like limiting ones amount of oxygen he can breathe, because breathing oxygen is a basic need and it needs to be regulated. You didn't even address my rebutall of your bullshit, there's no reason why i should continue to argue with you.

What made me think you claimed seatbelt laws increase road volume? This:

You are a fucking idiot. You will spend more in the traffic just by the fact there are more cars on the road. So you driving to your surgery is going to cause for someone else to spend more time in the traffic, on his way to his surrgery.

If you weren't claiming seatbelt laws increase volume (and thus time people spend stuck in traffic), what were you claiming?

Living in LA? Never. Driving large trucks hauling heavy loads across northern new york all winter? Weekly.

Momentum allows you carry over slippery areas while limiting how much you rely on the hitting the gas and praying there's enough friction between your tires and the snow/ice to not spin and send you careening back into traffic. If you aren't relying on momentum in that situation, you are driving very recklessly.

People generally don't recommend driving faster in icy situations...

We will never tackle heart disease because being fat isn’t a choice. Haven’t you been keeping up? There is nothing a fat person can do to not be fat. Why are you being fatphobic?

Anyway, you seem like a moron who thinks that everything harms everybody and there should be a law on everything. Like limiting ones amount of oxygen he can breathe, because breathing oxygen is a basic need and it needs to be regulated. You didn't even address my rebutall of your bullshit, there's no reason why i should continue to argue with you.

For sure, there is definitely no reason to keep trying to make sense of a 30 mph national speed limit. I would honestly never bring up the notion again if I was you. It's never going to happen because it's very stupid make-believe and doesn't have anything to do pandemic responses that have actually occurred in reality throughout history because they aren't very stupid make-believe.

Go ahead and quote where I've ever called for a law on anything to do with the pandemic besides help for businesses and unemployed. Add that and this dumb oxygen rant to the list of things you've made up to bitch about.

We have in the past; public smoking bans and mandatory seat belt laws come to mind.
Ralph Nader has saved more American lives than any other politician post-WWII thanks to when he skull fucked the auto industry into putting seat belts in all cars

I unironically agree with ts we should really force people to be more healthy IF government is going to provide health care. Like maybe a fat tax, not a tax on unhealthy food, you would literally pay more tax if you are obese. If you are poor and also fat your welfare would be structured in a way that provides incentive to make healthy choices and live a healthy lifestyle. Maybe some sort of small ubi but only if you meet certain health criteria.

In the UK some health treatments being offered will be dependant on people losing weight but the real issue here IMHO is putting being overweight soley down to a simple choice. I think its a feature of the right generally to put all social ills down to an easily corrected choice, just "deside to tidy your room" and everything will be fine when in reality its often much more complex and difficult.

The kind of police state nightmare the OP seems to favour would be unlikely to be effective anyway, in reality I'd say the "cure" is probably spending on preventive measures, more health checks for people, more resources to get the overweight/unfit to correct that. Whilst I think theres some truth that "Fat acceptance" has a place in terms of limiting the negative mental health effects(that are often what keep people fat) I think its also been embraced by a lot of the liberial establishment because its a way of avoiding this extra spending.

Swine flu was pretty deadly. It just wasn't hyped. Some estimates have swine flu deaths at around 500,000 worldwide. Don't mistake me for saying coronavirus isn't serious. I'm just wondering if the reaction we see to it is a sign of the times. Will we panic every flu season now?
Yes, yes we will. Image living after the black death in the middle ages.

You should change your picture from an elf to a troll.
576881.jpg
Struck a nerve did he ...

Back