Why not create a "new normal" to prevent other deaths?

Do you support the removal of all guns from the population? Should people be allowed to do any dangerous activity?

No, I don't support the removal of all guns from the population.
As for dangerous activity in general? Idk how far it should. But heart disease is far and away the #1 killer, so we should start there and work our way down.

No, I don't support the removal of all guns from the population.
As for dangerous activity in general? Idk how far it should. But heart disease is far and away the #1 killer, so we should start there and work our way down.

It's far easier to have people give away guns than it is to have them make the lifestyle changes required to eliminate heart disease. So why not?

That's exactly how people are getting it, somebody touches something, and thats how it spreads.

Yeah, but i don't have it. Can i go out? Probably not, because it's impossible to verify that, so we have to quarantine everyone, lmao.

Yet it didn't stop you to put a strong pro lockdown position, smh<Huh2>

No, it spreads through the air. You don't know you don't have it. And based on the information I have, i support the lockdown. The information I have is that the vast majority of experts all across the globe agree on it.

It's far easier to have people give away guns than it is to have them make the lifestyle changes required to eliminate heart disease. So why not?

I'm talking about saving lives. I don't think getting rid of guns saves lives.

Yes, if you go flying out the window it's a much bigger problem to clean up than if you get whiplash.

Ever heard of airbags? Flying out the windshiled mostly happens in action movies, and very very rarely in real world. To fly through a windshield you woluld need a combination of a very high speed, malfunctioning airbags, no seatbelts.

What makes travelling at 30mph inefficient, lol? That's like a fucking legal speed limit in most urban areas anyway.

Find an vehicle that's engine power is limited it to 30 mph on a flat road and then attempt to tow a commercial load up a steep grade with it. Then try driving it in heavy snow and or other inclement weather.

Gee, I wonder how limiting all engines to go-cart level output could ever be inefficient.

If lives are more important than freedom or economic factors, why do we not restructure society around fighting heart disease?

The value of lives hasn't changed.

Preventing people from killing themselves and preventing them from killing others have always been different priorities. Police, hospitals, and the public don't treat suicide and murder the same. Never have.

Feel free to give yourself heart disease, just don't give 38 other people a contagious deadly virus in the process, and understand that if you mutate some sort of socially comunicalble heart disease you'll probably end up in a quarentine.

Find an vehicle that's engine power is limited it to 30 mph on a flat road and then attempt to tow a commercial load up a steep grade with it. Then try driving it in heavy snow and or other inclement weather.

Gee, I wonder how limiting all engines to go-cart level output could ever be inefficient.

Sir, you are a retard with no automotive knowledge. Towing ability is not caused by speed. It's caused by torque. You can have a high torque engine with speed limitation. Have You ever seen a high speed sport's car marketed as a towing vehicle? No, towing vehicles like trucks, pickup trucks, etc usually have lower max speeds than executive type cars. You are making a fool out of yourself.

Sir, you are a retard with no automotive knowledge. Towing ability is not caused by speed. It's caused by torque. You can have a high torque engine with speed limitation. Have You ever seen a high speed sport's car marketed as a towing vehicle? No, towing vehicles like trucks, pickup trucks, etc usually have lower max speeds than executive type cars. You are making a fool out of yourself.

LOL, the source you posted literally says it slows vehicles down "BY LIMITING THEIR POWER" dummy! That's the point. It either has to engage the breaks on you or limit engine power. You don't have any fucking clue how to throttle all the rigs on the road to 30 mph without effecting things like torque and towing. You're just taking out your ass and making up tech that never existed to defend a bad post. Double-legging the ref at this point .

1) this technology currently doesn't work.

No such thing is stated in the links i posted. Post a quote.

2) 30 mph zones would only be only in places where that's already the speed limit, faster else where

??? Yeah, on a fucking race track there will be no speed limit. Wherever there's traffic, there's speed limit.

3) they don't know how to implement it across all makes

Quote.

But sure, sounds like you got it all figured out.

No, i actually don't. But you was so sure that there is no way to reduce a vehicle speed, lol.

LOL, the source you posted literally says it slows vehicles down "BY LIMITING THEIR POWER" dummy! That's the point. It either has to engage the breaks on you or limit engine power. You don't have any fucking clue how to throttle all the rigs on the road to 30 mph without effecting things like torque and towing. You're just taking out your ass and making up tech that never existed to defend a bad post. Double-legging the ref at this point .

I wasn't talking about power, lmao. I was talking about torque. Torque and power(horsepower) are two separate things.

https://auto.howstuffworks.com/auto...city/information/horsepower-versus-torque.htm

What's the difference, anyway? Horsepower provides highway passing power when your engine is revving hard, allowing you to accelerate at high speeds, while torque gives you low-end power and the ability to move quickly after stopping. In other words, torque lets you do the work, but horsepower lets you do the work quickly.

Holy shit, kids these days.

I unironically agree with ts we should really force people to be more healthy IF government is going to provide health care. Like maybe a fat tax, not a tax on unhealthy food, you would literally pay more tax if you are obese. If you are poor and also fat your welfare would be structured in a way that provides incentive to make healthy choices and live a healthy lifestyle. Maybe some sort of small ubi but only if you meet certain health criteria.

Go read your cars manual about cruise control. Its gonna blow your mind.

I wasn't talking about power, lmao. I was talking about torque. Torque and power(horsepower) are two separate things.

https://auto.howstuffworks.com/auto...city/information/horsepower-versus-torque.htm

What's the difference, anyway? Horsepower provides highway passing power when your engine is revving hard, allowing you to accelerate at high speeds, while torque gives you low-end power and the ability to move quickly after stopping. In other words, torque lets you do the work, but horsepower lets you do the work quickly.

Holy shit, kids these days.

Maybe I should break out the crayons for homeschool. If I'm approaching a steep grade towing a heavy load and the upcoming traction is poor due to something like snow, the power available to me and thus the speed I carry going up that hill will effect whether I get that load over the grade or on the other hand were going too slow, say only 30 mph, and start spinning the tires and sliding back down it.

Maybe I should break out the crayons for homeschool. If I'm approaching a steep grade towing a heavy load and the upcoming traction is poor due to something like snow, the power available to me and thus the speed I carry going up that hill will effect whether I get that load over the grade or on the other hand were going too slow, say only 30 mph, and start spinning the tires and sliding back down it.

Same article:

Most drivers know that torque translates into low-end power, or the ability to accelerate the vehicle at low rpm levels. Torque moves the vehicle from a stop and helps it get up steep hills. As such, more torque is required to start a heavier vehicle than a lighter one. That's why torque is useful when towing -- torque is what allows you to pull heavy loads. When you see car ads on TV, they often discuss horsepower figures for performance and sports cars, while you're more likely to hear about torque in truck commercials

https://auto.howstuffworks.com/auto...ity/information/horsepower-versus-torque2.htm

Speed has nothing to do with the abilty of a vehicle to tow or move uphill.

395ecbac895e9f8afde52b4c6824664b.png

Keep digging!

Same article:

Most drivers know that torque translates into low-end power, or the ability to accelerate the vehicle at low rpm levels. Torque moves the vehicle from a stop and helps it get up steep hills. As such, more torque is required to start a heavier vehicle than a lighter one. That's why torque is useful when towing -- torque is what allows you to pull heavy loads. When you see car ads on TV, they often discuss horsepower figures for performance and sports cars, while you're more likely to hear about torque in truck commercials

https://auto.howstuffworks.com/auto...ity/information/horsepower-versus-torque2.htm

Speed has nothing to do with the abilty of a vehicle to tow or move uphill.

395ecbac895e9f8afde52b4c6824664b.png

Keep digging!

Let me get this right, speed thus momentum has no effect on an object attempting to roll up a grade?

Let me try and really dumb this down for you. Jack and Joe approach a steep and slick ramp on electric skateboards. Joe is going half throttle and half the speed of the Jack. As they head up the grade Jack will make it further then Joe before losing the energy to continue climbing and rolling backwards.

What leads to heart disease though? Eating unhealthy, alcohol, not exercising etc...... Those are all lifestyle options one has. If we lead a healthy lifestyle the likelihood we get heart disease is very close to none. With Covid our best measure to not get covid quarantining ourselves from others and not get it or spread it if we do.

So yeah eating unhealthy or leading an unhealthy lifestyle is something some of us enjoy doing. I myself love eating unhealthy but I know it's not good for me. Pretty sure people dont love quarantining themselves though.

Anyways you and I know this is a troll thread.
Actually - you COULD be the devils advocate and say that leading an unhealthy lifestyle and smoking, or being obese, or whatever leads to you dying of Covid-19. Death rates in healthy people from Covid-19 are very low - it all the unhealthy and old people dying - exactly the same people that heart disease gets?

However much of a twat this guy is, and it's not insignificant, that people take the time to do stuff like this really speaks to there being an underlying reality to "TDS." This much creative energy devoted to a sort of latent hatred of such an unworthy douche likely isn't healthy. Vote him out, or wait for his term limits to be done, and call it a day. Hatred of Trump has become a hyperbolic fetish of the West at this point.

Please. All this shit started long ago. Just in recent-ish years, the irrational hatred of Hillary Clinton and then all the thinly veiled racist BS directed at Obama.

Back