Why Jared Cannonier is in the worst possible position to be in right now

CatchtheseHands

The Fade Giver
@Black
Reaction score
Leap frogging Rob over him and having Rob Vs Khamzat as a #1 title contender fight. you can't convince me that this isn't because they are scared Jared is going to derail Khamzat. Rob just got finished by DDP a fight ago and more recently had a pretty competitive fight with Costa for a decision win in which he almost got finished again. Mean while Jared just ran through Vettori and before that beat Strickland who just lost the belt. It's clear that Rob is the much more winnable fight for Khamzat than Jared is at this stage since Rob no longer has any finishing power and is visibly on the decline. Then when it comes to DDP. Jared most definitely has the power and strength to be a serious problem for DDP. Especially since DDP is very hittable and I'd argue Jared has better striking than him. Not only that but his TDD is quite solid and I doubt DDP takes him down easily if at all. The UFC knows putting Jared ahead of Izzy is too much of a risk and would likely fuck their plans of Izzy vs DDP. They also know that putting Jared ahead of Rob for a title eliminator against Khamzat is also very risky as it could possibly ruin their plans of Izzy vs Khamzat. I can't believe my boy is getting fucked due to stupid politics man..

<2>

Strickland beat Jared, but I do believe Jared has a better chance of derailing Khamzat than Whittaker does.

Who cares. Go back to LHW then. He already lost to Izzy and Whitgatekeeper. He's basically the MW version of Gilbert Burns or Brian Ortega now.
How tf is Jared anything like Brian? He's not a rank squatter. Secondly, just because he lost to Whittaker and Izzy in the past doesn't mean he isn't more deserving than Rob to get the fight vs Khamzat. Rob has already fought Izzy twice and lost yet he gets to have the chance to earn another chance at a TS despite just getting finished by the current champ a fight ago? just LOL

The main issue at MW is whether Izzy is done as champion. If DDP wants to fight him and the UFC wants Izzy getting the rematch then I hope they get it done rather than take forever to get that done and leave the rest of the division hanging.

UFC 305 is in Perth in August so we have to wait for that to happen to see who is champion and then the possibility of a rematch if it is a competitive and more importantly for UFC, Lucrative. That potentially leaves the MW title on the shelf until 2025.

Leap frogging Rob over him and having Rob Vs Khamzat as a #1 title contender fight. you can't convince me that this isn't because they are scared Jared is going to derail Khamzat. Rob just got finished by DDP a fight ago and more recently had a pretty competitive fight with Costa for a decision win in which he almost got finished again. Mean while Jared just ran through Vettori and before that beat Strickland who just lost the belt. It's clear that Rob is the much more winnable fight for Khamzat than Jared is at this stage since Rob no longer has any finishing power and is visibly on the decline. Then when it comes to DDP. Jared most definitely has the power and strength to be a serious problem for DDP. Especially since DDP is very hittable and I'd argue Jared has better striking than him. Not only that but his TDD is quite solid and I doubt DDP takes him down easily if at all. The UFC knows putting Jared ahead of Izzy is too much of a risk and would likely fuck their plans of Izzy vs DDP. They also know that putting Jared ahead of Rob for a title eliminator against Khamzat is also very risky as it could possibly ruin their plans of Izzy vs Khamzat. I can't believe my boy is getting fucked due to stupid politics man..

<2>
Worst possible position? Worse than being on a 3 fight skid and worried about being cut?

He's still in a pretty good position for big fights coming up.

just because he lost to Whittaker doesn't mean he isn't more deserving than Rob to get the fight vs Khamzat
Yes it does. If he beat Rob, he might get that chance himself but he didn’t. It’s pretty common. If you lose fights, you don’t get gifted top contenders. Jared is basically a gatekeeper to the top at MW now

Last edited:
Any fighter who doesnt suck Dana's dick enough, or have enough 'value' in that losers eyes is in the worst possible position being signed to the UFC.

Cannonier just had surgery, barely returning now. Sure he's on a 2 fight win streak but honestly looked like a Strikland fight to me. I think he needs one more big win because he already lost his title fight.

Seriously though learn how to do paragraph. It's not hard
What I wrote is a paragraph. What are you even on about?
Yes it does. If he beat Rob, he might get that chance himself but he didn’t. It’s pretty common. If you lose fights, you don’t get gifted top contenders. Jared is basically a gatekeeper to the top at MW now
Rob is 1-1 in his last 2, getting finished in one of them and nearly finished in the other by a guy that hasn't had a good win in years and lost to the guy that Jared ran through in his last outing. Yet Rob somehow deserves the title eliminator over Jared because he beat him 4 years ago. Dude your own logic isn't even consistent. Rob beating DDP was supposed to be what earned him a #1 contender spot. He lost to DDP so he shouldn't be getting gifted top contenders either then, ESPECIALLY off of just beating Paulo Costa. It's clear you have bias toward Jared and I don't know why you don't just admit it instead of trying to create mental gymnastics to justify why him getting screwed is okay.

Last edited:
MW is a little muddled at this point in time, no question. Not saying it's right but last I heard from Jared he had a MCL tear so if the injury is still nagging him or not healing as quick as he he'd like, this might be the only option for all we know.

Back