why isnt boxing pushing new stars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
says the guy who didnt know who any of the US champs were. And anyone who takes their internet forum value seriously = loser irl. Sorry.
No he just refused to answer a question about the racial background of the fighters, doesn't mean he doesn't know about them.

I try to distinguish between MMA fans and ultimate fightin' fans (your kind) because I don't want to lump all into the same group of idiots, that is why I use that phrase.

And lol at Fedor "nuthugger", by your definition several well qualified posters like Kid McCoy here would be Fedor "nuthuggers" whatever that means.

It's funny you were telling xCutioner who posts Boxing news regularly to go watch WWE and yet the first thread you made on sherdog is this:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/brock-lesnar-timeline-according-sherdog-1282825/

Since you fancy yourself to be such a Boxing scholar, why don't you educate the rest of us with your Boxing knowledge?

No he just refused to answer a question about the racial background of the fighters, doesn't mean he doesn't know about them.

I try to distinguish between MMA fans and ultimate fightin' fans (your kind) because I don't want to lump all into the same group of idiots, that is why I use that phrase.

And lol at Fedor "nuthugger", by your definition several well qualified posters like Kid McCoy here would be Fedor "nuthuggers" whatever that means.

It's funny you were telling xCutioner who posts Boxing news regularly to go watch WWE and yet the first thread you made on sherdog is this:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/brock-lesnar-timeline-according-sherdog-1282825/

Since you fancy yourself to be such a Boxing scholar, why don't you educate the rest of us with your Boxing knowledge?

i boxed starting at 6 in baltimore city until i was 15, competed amateur levels, then the wrestling coach recruited me, i wrestled in winter in HS finished 2nd in the state, and kept boxing in the summer through high school, then i got a wrestling scholarship, then i graduated then i got a job and now have a wife and kids,

Safe to say i have more years of actual boxing under my belt than you and have a much better understanding of MMA as well.

what's your background?

And that brock lesnar timeline was hilarious and a knock on sherdog dont get sand in your vagina, i wrestled in college while brock lesnar did, he was a huge deal in the national wrestling community back then, then i lost interest when he went to WWE over the national/olympic team. Dont be a whiny little bitch. Fedor is great, ufc sucks, we get it no need to say that in every single one of your posts, it makes you look like a child.

funny thing is.. no one in the gen public no of any boxers beside floyd, pacman, cotto, mosly. They need to start putting their cards together like mma cards, 2 bouts on a card isnt enough.

Thats because most people are ignorant to the details or reality of most things and only know what the media feeds them.As far as mma,its a fad,its in its popular stage right,but will soon go away and be looked at the same as myspace or whatever kids are into now.

Thats because most people are ignorant to the details or reality of most things and only know what the media feeds them.As far as mma,its a fad,its in its popular stage right,but will soon go away and be looked at the same as myspace or whatever kids are into now.

right so if they eat up what the media feeds them why don't boxing promoters and lovers feed this and actually promote/market/push young stars instead of the big names everyone already knows. That's the point of this thread, did you miss it? lol

right so if they eat up what the media feeds them why don't boxing promoters and lovers feed this and actually promote/market/push young stars instead of the big names everyone already knows. That's the point of this thread, did you miss it? lol

I elaborated on the point at hand.
Whats your point in replying>?

lol stfu. I've always been a boxing fan before mma but this whole "it's a fad, it will die away" stuff is just stupidity. People have been saying that constantly for the last 3 plus years... MMA is going nowhere sorry to burst your bubble.

Anyways.....Andre Ward and Devon Alexander will be the next boxing megastars

lol stfu. I've always been a boxing fan before mma but this whole "it's a fad, it will die away" stuff is just stupidity. People have been saying that constantly for the last 3 plus years... MMA is going nowhere sorry to burst your bubble.

Anyways.....Andre Ward and Devon Alexander will be the next boxing megastars

Hey chief i teach at an mma school so calm down.

Hey chief i teach at an mma school so calm down.

what does that have to do with your stupid comment? anyways have fun saying "mma is just a fad, it will die away" in 3 years to come when it is more popular than ever.

They just started playing live UFC ppv events in most of Southeast Asia the last 5 or so events. Now they play every ppv live and free out here and all over the world...It's quickly growing even in Thailand, I was in a bar a couple months back and listened to two thai girls I was with arguing weather Tito Ortiz or Brock Lesnar is a better fighter lol...Imagine that shit happening a couple years back. It's booming not dying.

Speaking of JCC Jr, I've never seen a fighter being brought along so slow by his handlers. I figure they must know that he isn't championship material or else he would have had a shot at a title allready.

simple, unlike mma(ufc mainly) "boxing" does not have the one powerfull entity pushing "new faces". No one has a power monopoly in boxing like MMA does.

If you've been browsing the fourm for so long then you should know insulting the regulars will get you no where. Also making foolish posts call JJCJR a MEGASTAR will get you no where.

you mean facebook? and that's not going anywhere, and it's not just "kids" even many congressmen have facebook accounts now. It just hit half a billion individual users and every industry out there is trying to find ways to piggyback on its growth.

And people said MMA was a fad at its peak 9 years ago, and that it was being overun by boring wrestlers like Matt Hughes and would easily be dead in a few years. So yea, grats on being ignorant. You sound as dumb as the people saying boxing will be dead as soon as Floyd and Pac retire.

you mean facebook? and that's not going anywhere, and it's not just "kids" even many congressmen have facebook accounts now. It just hit half a billion individual users and every industry out there is trying to find ways to piggyback on its growth.

And people said MMA was a fad at its peak 9 years ago, and that it was being overun by boring wrestlers like Matt Hughes and would easily be dead in a few years. So yea, grats on being ignorant. You sound as dumb as the people saying boxing will be dead as soon as Floyd and Pac retire.

OK.
I ve been ivolved in mma since the vale tudo days,ive thrown un sanctioned events due not having the ability to do it legally when nobody recognized it,i have spend thousands of dollars of my own money throwing events,helping fighters etc,and with that being said i still think its a fad.Im not saying it will go away next,but give it 5 years and see how it is.Im speaking from a business perspective as well.

Facebook is a fad because all the kids are getting one. UFC is a fad because all the kids ate getting into it. Look at all these crappy new gyms and MMA products - you cant tell me its not a fad.

OK.
I ve been ivolved in mma since the vale tudo days,ive thrown un sanctioned events due not having the ability to do it legally when nobody recognized it,i have spend thousands of dollars of my own money throwing events,helping fighters etc,and with that being said i still think its a fad.Im not saying it will go away next,but give it 5 years and see how it is.Im speaking from a business perspective as well.

you think it's a fad just like people thought boxing was dead after DLH left.

Facebook is a fad because all the kids are getting one. UFC is a fad because all the kids ate getting into it. Look at all these crappy new gyms and MMA products - you cant tell me its not a fad.

The Tapout section at Walmart.
enough said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back