why isnt boxing pushing new stars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont want them to start pushing stars, Stars should be made naturally, by beating top competition. If they start pushing stars then when end up with Chavez Jr headlining PPVs without proving himself yet, Or like Khan who has had major hype behind him even before fighting a top guy. Now he has Paulie on his rec and that's a good name but who else. Bearrara, ehhh.

I

Good point... when you get something like the UFC, you get overexposure of certain guys like Randy and Chuck... sometimes for no reason, they get a lot of hype. Boxing has the same problem, but at least the free market aspect of it allows for more guys to come up from all over the place.

MMA fans are so silly sometimes, they tend to think Boxing only has a few megastars and once they retire, it'll be over. They said the same thing from Tyson to DLH, they don't realize that like any sport, new stars are always on the rise. Hardcore boxing fans will always enjoy the fights be it prospect or superstar. I myself tune in to watch the Super Six, Bradley vs. Abregu, Bute vs. Miranda as well as Pacquiao vs. Clottey and Mosley vs. Mayweather just like MMA fans will tune to watch everything from Marquardt vs. Sonnen to Lesnar vs. Carwin. If the general public is unaware of some of the less famous boxers, the same can equally be said of MMA. For example, how many people in the general public know who Gray Maynard or George Sotiroupolos are?

Some of the guys you are mentioning are not "prospects" any more. Bradley? Bute?

I was referring to them as star prospects, Fighters to take the place of bigs names when they go.

You can push a kid to be a star, but if they don't have the goods (Victor Ortiz) you can't blame a promotional company for that. Look at guys like Khan and Gamboa, they're getting pushed but will more than likely get exposed when they get to the elite level.

They are actually doing too much of it, if you ask me. Thats why we get all these "showcases" with prospects taking on career losers on Friday Night Fights and Fight Club. I know these kind of mismatches are necessary to build a career, but they shouldn't be televised in my opinion.

If you aren't aware of prospects in boxing right now, it is solely because you are not following the sport.

Agreed.

all these good up and coming fighters against 3-10 tomato cans on ESPN is totally ridiculous.

You can push a kid to be a star, but if they don't have the goods (Victor Ortiz) you can't blame a promotional company for that. Look at guys like Khan and Gamboa, they're getting pushed but will more than likely get exposed when they get to the elite level.

Gamboa is a KO waiting to happen, his trainer (which was his father's trainer in Cuba) won't do him too good against good fighters.

from what I have seen recently on FNF's some of the "up-and-comers" have been facing decent comp

Some of the guys you are mentioning are not "prospects" any more. Bradley? Bute?

Bute may not be a prospect in terms of being new but he is close to breaking through to a bigger audience. Bradley is overhyped in my opinion.

Why do ultimate fightin' fans make such dumb posts?

First off, Lesnar is not a "prospect" and is like 33 years old. The reason he is such a star is because of the WWE, it's laughable for the UFC to try to claim credit for making him into a star when in fact he was already a star coming into the sport.

GSP is not known worldwide unless by worldwide you mean Canada and suburban US, he is dwarfed in recognition by someone like Pacquiao worldwide. MMA is not even very popular within Brazil.

None of these guys except Brock could match a prime Liddell in drawing power, and I already explained the reason for why Brock is such a big draw.

do you ever post without saying "ultimate fightin' fans" shit gets old kid, grow up, stick to the topic or don't feed the trolls like a moron. Never seen more defensive pricks in the boxing sub-forum than the last 6 months on here and i have been browsing for years, and then you guys wonder why all the good posters left... sad. You feed the trolls every friggin time.

Now to the topic. I agree. Someone mentioned Friday night fights. Yea that's an OK stage but Friday night fights itself doesn't get any hype AT ALL. Theres maybe one commercial for it an hour before nothing more and little if any follow-up on Saturday's on ESPN or anywhere about the fights. All anybody cares about now are superfights, it's sad, so many "fair weather" fans out there in the sport these days.

do you ever post without saying "ultimate fightin' fans" shit gets old kid, grow up, stick to the topic or don't feed the trolls like a moron. Never seen more defensive pricks in the boxing sub-forum than the last 6 months on here and i have been browsing for years, and then you guys wonder why all the good posters left... sad. You feed the trolls every friggin time.

Now to the topic. I agree. Someone mentioned Friday night fights. Yea that's an OK stage but Friday night fights itself doesn't get any hype AT ALL. Theres maybe one commercial for it an hour before nothing more and little if any follow-up on Saturday's on ESPN or anywhere about the fights. All anybody cares about now are superfights, it's sad, so many "fair weather" fans out there in the sport these days.
That's because he is an ultimate fightin' fan sherlock, if it talks like duck, quacks like a duck then I am sure it is one and if you think you are such a Boxing expert & too good for this forum then you know what to do...

As others mentioned there are plenty of prospects, you don't want to overhype them and then watch them fall apart on the big stage. Guys like Saul Alvarez, JuanMa are all good prospects, just because you or the TS doesn't know doesn't mean there are no future stars. There is always someone around the corner ready to fill in for the older generation.

That's because he is an ultimate fightin' fan sherlock, if it talks like duck, quacks like a duck then I am sure it is one and if you think you are such a Boxing expert & too good for this forum then you know what to do...

As others mentioned there are plenty of prospects, you don't want to overhype them and then watch them fall apart on the big stage. Guys like Saul Alvarez, JuanMa are all good prospects, just because you or the TS doesn't know doesn't mean there are no future stars. There is always someone around the corner ready to fill in for the older generation.

so then dont fucking respond to them every single god damn time and egg them on to keep filling this forum with filth, you are worse than them because people like you keep them here by feeding them crap which is the point of trolling you dense little kid.

if someone trolls and nobody responds they leave, if they troll and people like you are yelling "omg get otu of here go watch ufc just bleed newb" they eat that up and keep doing it over and over again. Are you even old enough to understand what trolling means?

so then dont fucking respond to them every single god damn time and egg them on to keep filling this forum with filth, you are worse than them because people like you keep them here by feeding them crap which is the point of trolling you dense little kid.

if someone trolls and nobody responds they leave, if they troll and people like you are yelling "omg get otu of here go watch ufc just bleed newb" they eat that up and keep doing it over and over again. Are you even old enough to understand what trolling means?
Get the sand out of your vagina.

If you don't like it then skip the posts dumb fuck, take your own advice instead of coming in and acting like some know it all out to educate the Boxing forum. Notice that you are the only one so butt hurt by that post pointing out facts in this thread?

Why is that?

from what I have seen recently on FNF's some of the "up-and-comers" have been facing decent comp

And they were decent scraps. Some one sided others were decent. I will say that Shumanov has insane stamina. Keeping up a work rate in weather raging from upper 90s to low 90s.

Get the sand out of your vagina.

If you don't like it then skip the posts dumb fuck, take your own advice instead of coming in and acting like some know it all out to educate the Boxing forum. Notice that you are the only one so butt hurt by that post pointing out facts in this thread?

Why is that?

well you are the one always complaining about "ultimate fightin fans" ruining the boxing forums, yet here you are responding to every single one of them eating up their bait every single time. And you never post anything different or insightful, every one of your posts consists of "bla bla bla ur dumb ur ultimate fightin fan gtfo bla bla, if u dont like boxing bla bla ufc sux bla bla" You never add one single shred of info in regards to boxing in ANY of your posts, ever.

well you are the one always complaining about "ultimate fightin fans" ruining the boxing forums, yet here you are responding to every single one of them eating up their bait every single time. And you never post anything different or insightful, every one of your posts consists of "bla bla bla ur dumb ur ultimate fightin fan gtfo bla bla, if u dont like boxing bla bla ufc sux bla bla" You never add one single shred of info in regards to boxing in ANY of your posts, ever.

Actually he's one of the best on here. Which can't be said about you.

Fisticuffa posts:

Why do ultimate fightin' fans make such dumb bla bla bla

That's because ultimate fightin' wankers have bla bla bla

What it would show is ultimate fightin' is absolute garbage bla bla bla

Oh the naivety of ultimate fightin' fans, bla bla bla

Ultimate Fightin' marketing has convinced you kids that bla bla bla

This is basically moving towards ultimate fightin' bla bla bla

trying to educate these ultimate fightin' kids bla bla bla

wtf?

Another ultimate fightin' kid bla bla bla

That's direct quotes of the garbage you post, you dont know anything about boxing, you are a fedor nuthugger, and a ufc hater, nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back