• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why is Usman so Unliked ?

Idk, I tried listening to him on Joe Rogan and he just...idk. Tries so hard to be a "tough guy" persona, especially when Askren was trolling him. Fantastic fighter though, and I definitely was rooting for him over Colby

Its because he doesn't act "black"

MMA fans & the UFC need fighters to conform to racial stereotypes, like the Mandingo fighter or the "thug" or the over the top arrogant "baller" just to sell fights

Last edited:
No but plenty of fighters lack of charisma and they don't get as much hatred as Usman. For instance Colby who paid hookers to take pic with him and talk a lot of shit about everybody is still more loved than Usman. There were even more fans cheering for Colby than for Usman lol.

So stop with excuses like lack of charisma, arrogant and so on. Peoples just want to hate on Kamaru.

Yes indeed. But it seems that it didn't really bother anyone.

Nah, bruh. Colby might have more fans, but he definitely also has more haters. Usman isn't that hated, it's more indifference to maybe a disliking. But almost nobody is frothing at the mouth to see him lose like many do with Colby. And a fighter getting boos leading up to, or at, an event doesn't always mean he is really that disliked, but can also mean the opponent is just more liked than him or her. Which can be because more of his/her fans showed up to the event for whatever reason, which I think is the case with Colby and Kamaru. Of course Kamaru has haters like any fighter has haters, especially successful ones. But it's nowhere near a Colby, Conor or Ronda.

Also in comparison to GSP, GSP basically had the nation of Canada behind him. Usman I think has the nation of Nigeria behind him. I'd say the pressence of Canadians is more felt in the US and probably also through international travel for events, than Nigerians.

Last edited:
It's worse than that though, it's like he doesn't trust his own personality so he tries to put on some fake persona which is is neither convincing or funny. In fact it's plain lame.

Leon doesn't give a shit, but at least what you see is what you get, if you catch bmy drift.
Basically that, leon is just an uninteresting guy but he embraces it so hardly anyone hates him, they just don't care.
Usman on the other hand tries so hard to have a personality that it comes acros as cringe, i actually really like him as a fighter but as soon as he opens his mouth he loses every fan

No charisma, not funny, overrated title run, talking about 'best ever'. All around full of hot air, when he retires, he will be forgotten in the span of 2 years.

Nah, people love Anderson Silva and he's black. Just stop.
Combination of two things:

- he is awkward at times, expecially playing the confident pro wrestling face character, doesn't really have much presence.

- he's black so most MMA fans are biased against him, that means that where they'd just forgive or not mind some white people's actions, they are annoyed by Usman in an inexplicable way.

Even those who are affected by this bias of course don't think "he black grrrrrr", but DO get inexplicably more annoyed if it's Usman instead of someone else.

(Also bringing up Anderson Silva is pathetic: he isn't black but a pardo, and it ignores the issue of colorism)

Bingo!
I don't really know anything about his family background, but he looks like he's what the Mexicans (maybe others?) refer to as Mestizo (assuming Spanish is interchangeable for Portuguese for the purpose of this example.)

Plus Anderson gets a lot of love from Brazil whereas Usman is more a product of the modern Nigerian diaspora and outside of that one video on the ufc youtube page, I'm not aware of his having a huge following in his country of origin.

Poor guy never seems to get any cheers

You can debate GSP v Usman who is the best WW ever to the cows come home, what can't be debated is GSP's popularly outside the Octagon, how much he helped popularise the sport into the mainstream and how much the ladies loved him.

What is Usman doing wrong ?
He is boring to listen to, I assume that's the only reason

Reading through these texts, I’m kind of surprised that most ppl don’t seem to like him. He seems like a pretty genuine dude, to me. He’s confident, ya. But he’ll he’s one of the best to ever do it. He should be confident.

there are too many usman fanboys here to answer this question without being berated.

His fights haven't been particularly exciting so he's kind of forgettable.

He's been involved in some fantastic matches. What's not to like?

I like him.

<Fedor23>

I also noticed that he got a lot of applause this time. He got some boos too but that's because Colby's fans seem to be quite vocal this time.

No charisma, not funny, overrated title run, talking about 'best ever'. All around full of hot air, when he retires, he will be forgotten in the span of 2 years.

Thought this was about Usman not Colby..?

Back