Why is Usman so Unliked ?

Dessyboy

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Poor guy never seems to get any cheers

You can debate GSP v Usman who is the best WW ever to the cows come home, what can't be debated is GSP's popularly outside the Octagon, how much he helped popularise the sport into the mainstream and how much the ladies loved him.

What is Usman doing wrong ?

He hasn’t exactly been very helpful with his own popularity by how he markets himself:

For a while it was the LL Cool J voice he was doing.

Then it was the 70% remarks.

Also claiming he’s better than GSP because he had more fights before getting the title? Not sure why that matters.

I could keep going.

Black, awkwardly pushes the Nigeria angle, not very charismatic, reputation for being boring, the GSP stuff, being in a rivalry with a MAGA guy.

I do think the hate for him is OTT and unjustified. Hes probably the closest to genuine greatness on the current roster, has been in some good fights recently and has defended his belt 3 times this year.

He has zero charisma.

It's worse than that though, it's like he doesn't trust his own personality so he tries to put on some fake persona which is is neither convincing or funny. In fact it's plain lame.

Leon doesn't give a shit, but at least what you see is what you get, if you catch my drift.

Last edited:
Black, awkwardly pushes the Nigeria angle, not very charismatic, reputation for being boring, the GSP stuff, being in a rivalry with a MAGA guy.

I do think the hate for him is OTT and unjustified. Hes probably the closest to genuine greatness on the current roster, has been in some good fights recently and has defended his belt 3 times this year.

Adesanya is light years ahead of Usman in terms of star quality and ahead in terms of genuine greatness also.

That's probably because it was genuine. The rest of the time he seems weird and kinda fake to me. But I don't dislike him.
Yea Rose is always genuine and brings out the most likeable moments in everyone except that weird better dead than red debacle.

His personality is a bit touchy-arrogant mixture (which is worst for a male IMO) and he had some boringass fights

He has zero charisma.

He hasn’t exactly been very helpful with his own popularity by how he markets himself:

For a while it was the LL Cool J voice he was doing.

Then it was the 70% remarks.

Also claiming he’s better than GSP because he had more fights before getting the title? Not sure why that matters.

I could keep going.

Lol at those excuses.

He's not particularly more arrogant than the average UFC figters and he's pretty resepctful towards his opponents even when those last crossed the line by insulting his family. Yes he has already tried to adopt a caracters but we have aready seen his real persona severals times. FFS dude likes Masvidal are worshipped although he's really cocky and has allegadly sucker punched a fighter backstage.

Also he's claiming that he's better than GSP so what ? Every fighters have that kind of claim about another fighter lol. He's proud of what he has accomplished, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Seriously peoples are really reaching to find a reason to hate Usman. If he started to act like Colby I can't even imagine the shit storm on that board.

Lol at those excuses.

He's not particularly more arrogant than the average UFC figters and he's pretty resepctful towards his opponents even when those last crossed the line by insulting his family. Yes he has already tried to adopt a caracters but we have aready seen his real persona severals times. FFS dude likes Masvidal are worshipped although he's really cocky and has allegadly sucker punched a fighter backstage.

Also he's claiming that he's better than GSP so what ? Every fighters have that kind of claim about another fighter lol. He's proud of what he has accomplished, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Seriously peoples are really reaching to find a reason to hate Usman. If he started to act like Colby I can't even imagine the shit storm on that board.
Oh, would you say Usman has charisma?

Probably because hes black

tumblr_inline_p1brmcd9Dk1rr08jv_500.jpg

Back