• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why is Usman so Unliked ?

I think a lot has to do with how he was introduced to people. He seemed like he was putting on a persona in the beginning. But now I think he’s settled and started to reveal his true personality and people are starting to like him more.

Also in the beginning his wrestling heavy style and lack of finishes turned some people against him.

Lol at those excuses.

He's not particularly more arrogant than the average UFC figters and he's pretty resepctful towards his opponents even when those last crossed the line by insulting his family. Yes he has already tried to adopt a caracters but we have aready seen his real persona severals times. FFS dude likes Masvidal are worshipped although he's really cocky and has allegadly sucker punched a fighter backstage.

Also he's claiming that he's better than GSP so what ? Every fighters have that kind of claim about another fighter lol. He's proud of what he has accomplished, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Seriously peoples are really reaching to find a reason to hate Usman. If he started to act like Colby I can't even imagine the shit storm on that board.

It's not allegedly, he did it and it's caught on ufc production, in a building where they most likely paid to be there. They also promoted it heavily.

Adesanya is light years ahead of Usman in terms of star quality and ahead in terms of genuine greatness also.

14-0 in the UFC beating Colby x2, Burns, Woodley, RDA, Maia, Edwards, Strickland, Jorge x2 is better than 7-1 in the UFC beating Bobby, Vettori x2, Costa, Yoel, Kelvin, Brunson, 44 year old Anderson Silva, and losing to journeyman Jan.

Oh, would you say Usman has charisma?

No but plenty of fighters lack of charisma and they don't get as much hatred as Usman. For instance Colby who paid hookers to take pic with him and talk a lot of shit about everybody is still more loved than Usman. There were even more fans cheering for Colby than for Usman lol.

So stop with excuses like lack of charisma, arrogant and so on. Peoples just want to hate on Kamaru.

It's not allegedly, he did it and it's caught on ufc production, in a building where they most likely paid to be there. They also promoted it heavily.

Yes indeed. But it seems that it didn't really bother anyone.

I like Usman just fine. I think it's rare to get a crossover star like Ronda / GSP, etc.

It's worse than that though, it's like he doesn't trust his own personality so he tries to put on some fake persona which is is neither convincing or funny. In fact it's plain lame.

Leon doesn't give a shit, but at least what you see is what you get, if you catch bmy drift.

Usman seems like he just really wants to be liked.
My guess is that he ran into a bit of sh-t being an African immigrant growing up in the deep south.
8 y/o wouldn't be a fun move let alone to a different continent. A couple of years later and he's known by a nickname that has nothing to do with his name whatsoever.
Add the fact that his father went to jail; which definitely wouldn't help.

This is all conjecture, but I imagine that he acts all awkward because he just wants to fell part of some sort of larger community and maybe feels like he's under a microscope from when he was younger.

Because he's got a fake personality problem, angry, easily triggered, and has nothing interesting to say. However, his mannerisms and vocal inflection are like he's sharing the most incredible, enlightening wisdom they've ever heard. That disconnect between the info and the physical behavior is a major disconnect. Plus, 2X he's been accused of being on PEDs or EPO in public and he had absolutely NOTHING to say and even looked at Dana White with a look on his face like, "OMG, what do I say here, Daddy???"

Combination of two things:

- he is awkward at times, expecially playing the confident pro wrestling face character, doesn't really have much presence.

- he's black so most MMA fans are biased against him, that means that where they'd just forgive or not mind some white people's actions, they are annoyed by Usman in an inexplicable way.

Even those who are affected by this bias of course don't think "he black grrrrrr", but DO get inexplicably more annoyed if it's Usman instead of someone else.

(Also bringing up Anderson Silva is pathetic: he isn't black but a pardo, and it ignores the issue of colorism)

Back