Why is NAGA so afraid of wrestlers?

Yeah for all of the talk of how wrestlers are legendary tough asses, they sure seem to get really worried when told they have to compete against average level grapplers instead of shitty level grapplers.

its called " the tallest midget in the room" syndrome

Where are these wrestlers? You have seen them get worried personally?

Personally, like standing next to them? No.

But there have been countless threads here where wrestlers ask if they can compete down, despite their grappling experience, because they don't feel that it's fair to make them compete above beginner.

We'll explain to them that they should compete higher.

Then one of two things happens.

1. They compete at beginner and come back to let us know they destroyed it.

2. They compete at the higher skill level and come back to let us know that they were in the appropriate category.

At least, that is my assessment of the numerous threads on this topic over the years.

I am bitching about what? I compete in the advanced/"expert"/pro divisions, sir. And I don't give two fucks who is in my division. I face whoever is in front of me. Wrestlers, or the ones who constantly come on here crying like a bunch of bitchasses, should consider coming with the same philosophy.

Don't get me wrong: there are a ton of hard-working, badass wrestlers, some of which with ZERO BJJ or sub grappling experience enter Advanced Absolute divisions, because they are not absolute bitches (or else they would enter Novice + whatever their weight class is + Master/Executive), and ultimately do very well. Why? Their attitudes. You feel my attitude is unacceptable? Cool. Sucks you feel that way. I don't really care what division you enter; not one bit. I don't care what you or the OP or anyone else does.

The two replies I have made in this thread were answers to questions that were postulated. This one is a retort to your asinine accusation that I was bitching. I do not even bitch when one of you bitchass wrestlers clearly sandbagging in a novice division do not do anything besides takedown and get back up to takedown again. I simply quit documenting the match and go to another mat since there will clearly be no submissions out of a useless/worthless sandbagger like that. No biggie. Plenty of mats out there with real competitors there to compete. - E

This thread is a lot dumber than I thought it would be.

NAGA isn't afraid of wrestlers. Wrestlers can compete, they just have to compete with other people who have grappling experience.

Maybe it wouldn't have come to this if all these winstrol soaked beasts hadn't entered the lowest belt divisions just so they could guillotine an accountant who was told by his instructor that grappling tourneys were totally safe and he'd be matched up with other guys who had learned what the guard was 6 months prior.

NAGA isn't afraid of wrestlers. Just too many people claimed their wrestling experience wasn't relevant when it clearly was.

This made me crack up. Lol winstrol soaked beasts

You're a douchebag. I hate all of your posts and threads. I bet you are a real asshole in person.

Grapplingwizard goal is to create controversial topic/thread. He gets his kicks out of it. Troll.

I am bitching about what? I compete in the advanced/"expert"/pro divisions, sir. And I don't give two fucks who is in my division. I face whoever is in front of me. Wrestlers, or the ones who constantly come on here crying like a bunch of bitchasses, should consider coming with the same philosophy.

Don't get me wrong: there are a ton of hard-working, badass wrestlers, some of which with ZERO BJJ or sub grappling experience enter Advanced Absolute divisions, because they are not absolute bitches (or else they would enter Novice + whatever their weight class is + Master/Executive), and ultimately do very well. Why? Their attitudes. You feel my attitude is unacceptable? Cool. Sucks you feel that way. I don't really care what division you enter; not one bit. I don't care what you or the OP or anyone else does.

The two replies I have made in this thread were answers to questions that were postulated. This one is a retort to your asinine accusation that I was bitching. I do not even bitch when one of you bitchass wrestlers clearly sandbagging in a novice division do not do anything besides takedown and get back up to takedown again. I simply quit documenting the match and go to another mat since there will clearly be no submissions out of a useless/worthless sandbagger like that. No biggie. Plenty of mats out there with real competitors there to compete. - E

Your still bitching really hard. And the comical thing is you claim you don't care right before writing a paragraph complaining and insulting wrestlers. And congrats you compete in advanced, I'm one of those wrestlers who entered in advanced with no BJJ experience to see how I would do, I guess I'm a badass lol thanks.

If you believe I am bitching, you must have a problem with figuring out what bitching actually is. Is it a pain in the ass to set up camera(s) and shoot a match where this clown is sandbagging and is no way going to achieve a submission: sure. Do you know the difference between an individual stating factual information simply as a statement and ACTUAL BITCHING? Probably not. But I am certain you did not do remotely well in your advanced debut so now you harbor some type of animosity towards all grapplers that actually belong (in advanced) and gave you the submission channel treatment. - E

If you believe I am bitching, you must have a problem with figuring out what bitching actually is. Is it a pain in the ass to set up camera(s) and shoot a match where this clown is sandbagging and is no way going to achieve a submission: sure. Do you know the difference between an individual stating factual information simply as a statement and ACTUAL BITCHING? Probably not. But I am certain you did not do remotely well in your advanced debut so now you harbor some type of animosity towards all grapplers that actually belong (in advanced) and gave you the submission channel treatment. - E

haha yeah you are continuing to bitch even now about setting up your camera, and have also drooped down to lowly personal insults, sure showed me.

You have now eluded to my posts on four occasions as being bitching which would equate myself as being a bitch and you want to complain/cry about personal insults because I simply concluded that you surely did not win the advanced bracket you entered? Interesting.

Don't talk to me. Ever. Thanks. - E

You have now eluded to my posts on four occasions as being bitching which would equate myself as being a bitch and you want to complain/cry about personal insults because I simply concluded that you surely did not win the advanced bracket you entered? Interesting.

Don't talk to me. Ever. Thanks. - E

lol your logic is whack as fuck

Yeah for all of the talk of how wrestlers are legendary tough asses, they sure seem to get really worried when told they have to compete against average level grapplers instead of shitty level grapplers.

Why should somebody who doesn't know how to defend submissions or pass the guard or submit somebody have to compete against someone who is reasonably competent at all of those things? Is it the wrestler's fault that the majority of BJJ guys just don't work hard enough on their takedowns?

This thread is a lot dumber than I thought it would be.

NAGA isn't afraid of wrestlers. Wrestlers can compete, they just have to compete with other people who have grappling experience.

Maybe it wouldn't have come to this if all these winstrol soaked beasts hadn't entered the lowest belt divisions just so they could guillotine an accountant who was told by his instructor that grappling tourneys were totally safe and he'd be matched up with other guys who had learned what the guard was 6 months prior.

NAGA isn't afraid of wrestlers. Just too many people claimed their wrestling experience wasn't relevant when it clearly was.

This isn't just NAGA, almost all no gi competition has severe sandbagging.

I know a JuCo champion, Olympic alternate who demolished two beginner divisions two years in a row. That's what gives wrestlers a bad name.

lol your logic is whack as fuck

Ok children. Let's settle down.

Maybe we can find some common ground. I mean, I think that no one would argue the fact that wrestling singlets look like toddler onesies.

And in the end, isn't really all the matters?

Ok children. Let's settle down.

Maybe we can find some common ground. I mean, I think that no one would argue the fact that wrestling singlets look like toddler onesies.

And in the end, isn't really all the matters?

haha I was settled the whole time, and thats why wreslters get so tough, they have to compensate for wearing spandex tights and hugging other dudes in front of lots of people

haha I was settled the whole time, and thats why wreslters get so tough, they have to compensate for wearing spandex tights and hugging other dudes in front of lots of people

I don't like to argue much on sherdog but i don't like it when people make fun of my sport. Wrestling is a great base for mma. Lets see you do 220 sprawls with burpees, pushups, sprints, hindu pushups, and other stuff in between for 30 minutes.

with 1 water break where you drink from a bathroom sink.

I agree, though to be fair, a decade ago wrestlers (and everyone else) was being told that a blue belt in BJJ could beat black belts in judo, all-American wrestlers etc. So for those who believed the hype, it made sense not to include their wrestling experience, as it "obviously" didn't make any difference, they wouldn't have a chance against anything but novice level BJJ students.

Remember the threads where the scrawniest BJJ blue belt would tap Tyson in seconds? Kind of miss those, they were always unintentionally funny. I guess you still see this from time to time, odd ducks posting how as a two stripe white belt they tapped national level judoka and Olympic level wrestlers, but its half hearted trolling today.

But in the real world, wrestling (and judo and sambo and shiao jiao etc) experience should count for tournaments.

I don't like to argue much on sherdog but i don't like it when people make fun of my sport. Wrestling is a great base for mma. Lets see you do 220 sprawls with burpees, pushups, sprints, hindu pushups, and other stuff in between for 30 minutes.

with 1 water break where you drink from a bathroom sink.

Don't get your onesie in a bunch there, tough guy.

Back