why is max such a heavy favorite vs dustin?

• Thread starter Deleted member 556651
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 556651

watching round 3 vs ortega... the man got tagged hard and repeatedly. dont get me wrong he put in a dominant performance but still.

this fight is about as 50-50 as it gets and im even leaving towards dustin a little bit.

watching round 3 vs ortega... the man got tagged hard and repeatedly. dont get me wrong he put in a dominant performance but still.

this fight is about as 50-50 as it gets and im even leaving towards dustin a little bit.

50-50?

<{cruzshake}>

I have no idea
Every time i look at this fight it ends with a Dustin finish, most likely Submission
Don’t sleep on the diamond

I think in the Ortega fight Holloway knew he had such an advantage in the striking that he put himself in danger a lot more to be able to apply crazy pressure and land his own strikes. He usually puts himself in danger to land his shots but he really did that vs Ortega because he realized his striking was way better. Against Dustin he wont have the same approach.

However, a lot of people are thinking the same as you and you might want to put down some money on Dustin at + odds, why not?

Max should be the favorite considering who he's beat and being a champ and all. Even though I pray Dustin wins, I'm not getting my hopes up. If Dustin should win, me and my boy will be dancing and high fiving for sure.

Last edited:
Max is kinda beating the shit outta everyone whereas dustin is coming out on top in close wars

betting odds gets it wrong all the time. if one fighter has a title and defenses to his name, it normally creates a huge gap no matter what their skillsets are. just like when Miesha Tate was a betting favorite against Amanda Nunes

Cuz Dustin is an emotional wreck and Max ain't 21 no more.

giphy.gif

It will be interesting to see how this one plays out.

Max has evolved quite a bit since their first contest, but Dustin also seems to be much better at LW than at FW.

Should be a pretty wild stand-up scrap.

I have it 70-30 Dustin personally.

But I never saw Max's power translate to 155, so he might surprise.

So you're leaning towards Poirier because Max got tagged a few times in one round of a fight he dominated? Have you seen Poirier's fights? He is constantly getting tagged hard and repeatedly.

So you're leaning towards Poirier because Max got tagged a few times in one round of a fight he dominated? Have you seen Poirier's fights? He is constantly getting tagged hard and repeatedly.
no not because of being tagged. but dustin is proven at 155 he fought some top guys and came out on top. plus he already beat max before. dont give me the crap about being 21 years old i heared it too many times vs kevin lee and others. it wasnt a fluke win. this fight will be really close and can go either way but dustin being proven at 55 and already beating max is why i give him a slight advantage.

It will be interesting to see how this one plays out.

Max has evolved quite a bit since their first contest, but Dustin also seems to be much better at LW than at FW.

Should be a pretty wild stand-up scrap.
kevin lee evolved quite a bit aswell supposedly. dustin evolved, they all do. anyway it will be a scrap like you said.

I uave no idea. Max is moving up in weight and Dustin is on a roll. I got Dustin in this one.

Poirier is a big puncher and by the looks of his last couple fights has it figured out. He's going to be a mfer

Back