why is max such a heavy favorite vs dustin?

• Thread starter Deleted member 556651
  • Start date
Dustin is chinny and can't handle that pace.

Dustin is chinny and can't handle that pace.
he faced two guys known for setting a hard pace in the striking department in Gaethje and Alvarez and came out on top.

Cuz max is a great champ and Dustin has never been a champ and tends to come up short in big fights, doesn’t mean he can’t win but it’s not surprising he’s the dog

Dustin is nothing compared to Holloway who is an all time great in his prime

Holloway is an unstoppable destroyer, while Poirier is pretty good ?

Porier has been punching above his weight for a while now.

Dustin is elite, very skilled striker, a seasoned vet, but Max is much more talented, so I give him a very significant edge

Cuz max is a great champ and Dustin has never been a champ and tends to come up short in big fights, doesn’t mean he can’t win but it’s not surprising he’s the dog
on the other hand, hes more proven at 55 and already has a win over max. how evolved max is we will see on fight night. it could be another iaquinta vs lee.

I favor Max, but if Porier can take it to the ground I think he has a real chance.

Dustin is nothing compared to Holloway who is an all time great in his prime

Holloway is an unstoppable destroyer, while Poirier is pretty good ?
if max faces khabib you will see who's the unstoppable destroyer LOL. man beating a child is more like it.

I think in the Ortega fight Holloway knew he had such an advantage in the striking that he put himself in danger a lot more to be able to apply crazy pressure and land his own strikes. He usually puts himself in danger to land his shots but he really did that vs Ortega because he realized his striking was way better. Against Dustin he wont have the same approach.

However, a lot of people are thinking the same as you and you might want to put down some money on Dustin at + odds, why not?
Staying in the pocket is part of Max's style, he's just tough enough to do it at FW. Aldo tagged him hard and clean many times in both their fights, and Max just ate it. Curious to see if this is his undoing at LW, 155 Dustin hits pretty hard. Great fight, can't wait. I'm also leaning Dustin tho.

Heavy favorite? Currently Max is sitting at -230 at Bovada lol you make it sound like he’s at -400/-500! IMO that’s about fair Max has looked dominant in just about all of his fights during his 13 fight win streak

Dustin has been KO'd and closed to KO'd recently. Max has show great striking. Dustin should be weary of Max's deceptive distance control and pull counter.

Staying in the pocket is part of Max's style, he's just tough enough to do it at FW. Aldo tagged him hard and clean many times in both their fights, and Max just ate it. Curious to see if this is his undoing at LW, 155 Dustin hits pretty hard. Great fight, can't wait. I'm also leaning Dustin tho.
agreed

Max is kinda beating the shit outta everyone whereas dustin is coming out on top in close wars
But if you look at who he had close wars with...those are high pressure LWs...I still got Max edging the striking. He has improved a lot. DUstin has also shown a lot of improvement in striking. I just hope he comes in with a great game plan to mix his attacks...He ain't beating Max in simple strike wars.

But if you look at who he had close wars with...those are high pressure LWs...I still got Max edging the striking. He has improved a lot. DUstin has also shown a lot of improvement in striking. I just hope he comes in with a great game plan to mix his attacks...He ain't beating Max in simple strike wars.
he need to utilize leg kicks and kicking in general. Max is very susceptible to kicks like the diaz brothers. max is mostly a boxer than kicks once every two rounds. Dustin can chope those legs off.

Because Dustin has no chin and Max will find it. Chicken dance guaranteed.

Back