Why is Golf so big and widley covered by espn?

Just because someone is good at a "game" and happens to work out doesnt make them an "athlete" nor does it turn their "game" into a "sport". If I'm a really buff checker pro does that make me an athlete? No.

yah I stumbled on it some how,someone posted a pic of you and I saw your pic on a freinds list,you look thin and tall and have a short woman kinda like me instead I'm heavy

I gathered you saw my myspace, but I had no idea what you said was supposed to mean.

I don't mind watching it. Especially with people who like it as well. You guys are bitching about golf, but is it soooo less athletic, more boring than a game of baseball?

no way man.

Hitting a round ball with a round bat is one of the hardest things to do in the world of sports.

Add running and jumping to it and golf doesn't even come close as far as athleticism.

they both can be considered boring as far as watching.

You think hitting a golfball to where you want it to go is easy? Jesus christ.

And a DH is some kind of uber athlete huh? Stupid argument. Whats an athlete? Whats a sport? Why are you guys in charge of this?

Yeah, alot of you guys are coming off as elitest assholes in here.

Most of you are approaching this "golf isn't a sport" are doing it the way MMA fans approach "boxing isn't real fighting". That is, with a huge level of disrespect and immaturity.

Whether or not golf is or isn't a sport, it's something that's incredibly hard to master - anyone who says otherwise has either never played it or is playing devil's advocate - and the people who play it and are good at it are worthy of all the respect they get.

Jeez.

Sorry Mary, I didn't mean to offend your delicate sensibilities. I really don't think anyone is truly too worked up over this, it's just idle conversation amounst Boxing forum regulars. No big deal.

But---if it makes you feel any better, I'll take Clavelle's side, as he's a bit outnumbered.

Golf is definitely a "Sport", just like competitive fishing is a sport. Does it justify three hours on the USA's premiere sports channel? Probably not, but it is definitely a sport.

Why wouldn't it be a sport?

And a DH is some kind of uber athlete huh? Stupid argument. Whats an athlete? Whats a sport? Why are you guys in charge of this?

is a golf club round? is it moving? Can it hit you?

DH has more running with one at bat than a golfer in a year...or better yet a career.

Golf,sharp shooting,bowling,darts,archery,pacman....

All the same to me.

JOhn%20Daly.jpg

Golf,sharp shooting,bowling,darts,archery,pacman....

All the same to me.

JOhn%20Daly.jpg

bahahahaha
I'm not sure what it is, that photo gets me. Hilarious.

Is that cigarette shopped in that pic?

Someone has to take a stand.:D

But yes, compared to any other sport, I think hitting a little white ball and then driving to hit it again is a bit small compared to any sport.

Someone has to take a stand.:D

But yes, compared to any other sport, I think hitting a little white ball and then driving to hit it again is a bit small compared to any sport.

You are ignant!

The professional atheletes known as golfers are NOT allowed to use a cart.

You are ignant!

The professional atheletes known as golfers are NOT allowed to use a cart.

Rats.

So they have to walk the WHOLE way? I change my vote.

Really fucking why? I think golf is fun and all but its not a real fucking sport,I saw tigers name 1. ahead of fedor and silva on the teh toughest athletes list.Give me a fucking break,people say you have to be in good shape to play golf and tiger bench presses 300 pounds(wich he dosent)and all this other bullshit.

Tiger Woods is the only reason its covered to the degree in which the media does. The media overall are really an little insiders club. In their world boxing doesnt matter. Sure you can tell them about HBO boxing' massive record breaking ppv sales last year, they will still say boxing is dead. they live in their own world, and they have a follow the pack mentality.

Rats.

So they have to walk the WHOLE way? I change my vote.

Laugh if you wish, but, if you had to walk 36 holes on 3 consequetive days in the Palm springs sun (or whatever the fudge they do) you'd be feeling it. (Well, I would anyway).

I think they are allowed a slave to cart their shit, but I'm not 100% on that, as I've never watched more than about 5 minutes at a stretch, and that mostly in sports highlight shows quite by accident.

Laugh if you wish, but, if you had to walk 36 holes on 3 consequetive days (or whatever the fudge they do) you'd be feeling it. (Well, I would anyway).

I think they are allowed a slave to cart their shit, but I'm not 100% on that, as I've never watched more than about 5 minutes at a stretch, and that mostly in sports highlight shows quite by accident.

You know, the reason I got satellite TV was because of golf. No kidding. I'm always stuck home on the weekend and sometimes that crap was on every channel.

Golf gets huge respect from me, simply because there has been no sport that I've tried to play that I've spent plenty of money on...and got nothing but a bunch of shitty scorecards, sunburn, a thousand lost balls and a handful of fines from the clubhouse for swearing, playing slow and not replacing divets.

golf is great competition. very difficult, mentally and physically to be the best, its incredibly difficult. But thats very different from athleticism. its two different things

thats my only problem when people say tiger is the best athlete in the world. he stands stationary hitting a ball. I think you have to, at the very least, move your effing feet to be considered a great athlete

Was it Twain... golf is a good walk spoiled?

lol

I like watching golf. The major events are awesome to watch. They usually make the US Open so hard that the best golfers in the world can look like duffers.

Back