Why I think Conor will beat Khabib - because Khabib wants to prove he's well rounded

Conor will win by being a much better fighter. It will have nothing to do with Khabib’s game plan. There is literally no game plan Khabib can employ that will give him a win.
Tell me - are you taking any drugs ?

He better be well rounded if he wants to fight Mcgregor or he’s getting wrecked. I think he’s already proven he knows how to strike well , others would disagree, regardless even with khabibs skill set he can’t play games with Conor or he’s getting his head rattled.

Khabib via vicious ground and pound.

More space to use his movement and not get cornered and any failed takedown attempt Conor could legally make him pay dearly if not KO him. Unified rules, smaller space makes this much easier for Khabib

I understand where your thoughts are coming from, and to be honest, it's the one thing that does sort of scare me with this fight.

I am totally pulling for Khabib, and that would easily be the biggest mistake of his career, trying to stand and bang with Conor.

The one piece of evidence out there is in an interview with his head coach Javier Mendez however. Javier was asked after the Iaquinta fight that if Khabib and Conor were to fight, would he let him stand as long as he did with Al, and Javier says not a chance.

So his head coach has publicly come out and said he will not let Khabib stand with Conor for too long. Hopefully khabib is smart enough to listen.

His coach is right, but we've all seen fighters get in there and do exactly what their corner tells them not to and or not follow their game plan.

Khabib may follow his game plan of minimal striking and immediate TD but that short bit of stand up could be long enough for Conor to sleep him.

Khabib has never been rocked, it looks strange but even the good strikers had difficilties to catch him.
he is a master of not getting hit

Conor is a master of timig and this makes it more interesting.

Didn't he said like last week that he will go for a 100 TDs in that fight? He will wrestle, Khabib actually has a very good fight IQ

Khabib has said the opposite plenty of times. He said he'll try to take Conor down, and if Conor defends, he'll try 100 more times to take Conor down. He said he'd stand no chance if he tried to stand with Conor. He's not stupid.

More space to use his movement and not get cornered and any failed takedown attempt Conor could legally make him pay dearly if not KO him. Unified rules, smaller space makes this much easier for Khabib

Is pride ring much bigger, let alone bigger than the two cage sizes the UFC use. But I'd bet 100 to 1 the UFC use the big cage for the reason you highlight.

Kicks to a grounded fighter would not be all in conor favour imo. But ropes instead of a cage certainly would be.

Khabib says he wants to maker Conor suffer.

He ain't standing. He's pretty much going to follow the Chad 'Mini' Mendez blueprint.

It'll be a very short-lived fight if Conor ain't strong enough to stuff Khabib's takedowns.

I hope it does go down as Khabib says - Jail.

Unrelenting punishement for McGregor. I hope Khabib batters him, with just enough punches to keep the fight going as long as possible, but hopefully his face does indeed get changed :D

Conor is by far the better striker and Khabib is by far the better wrestler and far more well-rounded. This fight is one one of two ways, Conor hurts Khabib standing and finishes him or Khabib gets Conor to the ground and finishes him. I don't believe that Conor is one of those extremely durable fighters like Hunt who can take a ton of damage standing and on the ground, if Khabib gets McGregor down once it's probably over for Conor. On the other hand, Khabib has been rocked in quite a few of his fights and he likes to throw quite a bit with his TD attempts.

Khabib is too proud to rush out and go for an immediate TD like Couture did against James Toney. Khabib will want to mix it up some and then go for the TD and he is fairly confident in his striking even though it isn't very good.

I see Khabib standing a bit with Conor, throwing a lunging punch and getting countered and dropped where Conor will follow him to the ground for the GnP. If Conor's smart he'll let Khabib back up for the standing KO if he isn't 100% sure that Khabib is hurt very bad otherwise Conor could quickly get reversed or taken down and then lose a fight that he had in the bag.

However, I see Conor winning this fight in this manner. If Khabib played it smart and only threw the least he needed to to then get the TD he'd win but he won't, he'll stand and bang a bit and get caught by Conor and finished.

Agree/Disagree?

Please provide evidence that Khabib wants to prove he is an all-round fighter in the McGregor contest. I have seen evidence to the contrary. Enlighten me.

He might try to stand for a little bit because he is so prideful. Crazier things have happened. Jose decided to open up with a lunging punch and that didn’t pan out so well.

Jose always throws those lunging punches, just like khabib always has his right hand down and throws arm punches while rushing forward. People need to stop saying Aldo fought differently

Khabib ain't standing with him.

He can Muhammad Ali jab him if he wants, but he won't, he'll attempt to take him down from the off.

It's funny Everytime someone posts that clip of Khabib and mocks him because they think it is "shit striking."

The truth is, if you actually look at it and dig into it, he was almost certainly anticipating a TD shot from Shalorus, who as most people know, started his career in wrestling and is very accomplished.

Point is, Khabib was simply anticipating a TD and wanted to catch him with a flying knee. He guessed wrong, and looks sorta dumb for it, but no harm no foul, as he still went on to easily win.
Can you analyze these too coach ?

If he throws anything even remotely close to that head down hands down nonsense the fight may look worse than Conor VS Alvarez

Can you analyze these too coach ?

If he throws anything even remotely close to that head down hands down nonsense the fight may look worse than Conor VS Alvarez

lol.

Keep underestimating the true LW champ.

26-0 Bless

Back