Why I think Conor will beat Khabib - because Khabib wants to prove he's well rounded

Jose always throws those lunging punches, just like khabib always has his right hand down and throws arm punches while rushing forward. People need to stop saying Aldo fought differently

Should have fought different knowing who he was facing. He could win but not like that..

I agree that I think Khabib will try to strike with Conor.

But only during the 3rd or 4th round after Conor is basically a stumbling punching bag after having been neutered on the ground in rounds 1 and 2.

Didn't khabib recently say he's not gonna stand with Conor? I remember that somewhere.

hes showed decent defense and ability to stand back up before

and its been years

but it may not matter against khabib
Not really, he really had no clue how to get back to his feet against Mendez. Chad gave up position for submission attempts allowing him to get up. Khabibs just gonna hold him down and beat the shit out of him for a full round. I think that's gonna take alot steam out of his punches if he makes it out the round.

Conor is by far the better striker and Khabib is by far the better wrestler and far more well-rounded. This fight is one one of two ways, Conor hurts Khabib standing and finishes him or Khabib gets Conor to the ground and finishes him. I don't believe that Conor is one of those extremely durable fighters like Hunt who can take a ton of damage standing and on the ground, if Khabib gets McGregor down once it's probably over for Conor. On the other hand, Khabib has been rocked in quite a few of his fights and he likes to throw quite a bit with his TD attempts.

Khabib is too proud to rush out and go for an immediate TD like Couture did against James Toney. Khabib will want to mix it up some and then go for the TD and he is fairly confident in his striking even though it isn't very good.

I see Khabib standing a bit with Conor, throwing a lunging punch and getting countered and dropped where Conor will follow him to the ground for the GnP. If Conor's smart he'll let Khabib back up for the standing KO if he isn't 100% sure that Khabib is hurt very bad otherwise Conor could quickly get reversed or taken down and then lose a fight that he had in the bag.

However, I see Conor winning this fight in this manner. If Khabib played it smart and only threw the least he needed to to then get the TD he'd win but he won't, he'll stand and bang a bit and get caught by Conor and finished.

Agree/Disagree?
This is the only way I can see Khabib loose: if he try to prove that he is now a competitive striker. Exactly same as Eddie who also didn't follow the plan which he quoted as Going to the left and wrestle. When he tried to wrestle, it was already too late. He also tried to prove a point by striking with Conor. I don't think Khabib will make the same mistake, but who knows. Fighters are only human and human makes mistakes. BTW, you are wrong about Khabib been rocked in quite a few times. He hasn't been rocked even once. And please, don't bring the MJ fight... he absolutely wasn't rocked. At all.

Khabib isn't stupid. He will bum rush Conor with the takedown. He even said he plans on wrestling in this fight.
Bum rushing Conor would be very dangerous. Mcgregor's whole game is maintaining distance and counter striking when you enter. Khabib likes to jab, throw a sloppy right then ducks under to shoot. Basically a similar entry to Alvarez's darting right hand. Alvarez throws it and steps off or looks to clinch. Mcgregor countered and dropped Alvarez nearly every time he tried the technique. I see Khabib taking low outside single shots. He used this early with much success against Iaquinta. But in the 3rd and 4th, Al was able to stop the low singles by keeping his hands low and trying to use head movement to avoid Khabib's jab. Mcgregor's main defense against punches is head movement, and his reach means there will be greater distance to cover for Khabib.
Khabib switched to the Bum rush in the 5th vs Al, but Al didn't have the countering skills to make him pay. He used the bum rush the whole fight vs Barboza, but Barboza doesn't fight well off the backfoot and lacks Mcgregor's punching power.

i want khabib to win, but I think that Conor is going to pull this off and we'll all be shocked that he wins. I believe that Conor has been training for this since after the mayweather fight and he'll be ready to stop those take down and use his range to not let khabib get any close. He's going to manage his energy and pick the shots that he knows will land on khabib. I expect a lot of front kicks and side kicks to his body and legs that will slow khabib down. That only thing that I think will drag conor down is his cardio if it gets pass the second and that's will he'll lose. But I expect this fight to last no more than 2 rounds.

i want khabib to win, but I think that Conor is going to pull this off and we'll all be shocked that he wins. I believe that Conor has been training for this since after the mayweather fight and he'll be ready to stop those take down and use his range to not let khabib get any close. He's going to manage his energy and pick the shots that he knows will land on khabib. I expect a lot of front kicks and side kicks to his body and legs that will slow khabib down. That only thing that I think will drag conor down is his cardio if it gets pass the second and that's will he'll lose. But I expect this fight to last no more than 2 rounds.

Kicks could be the worst thing Conor could use, even low kicks. They set him up to being taken down by Khabib.

I don’t see Khabib trying to prove any points with his stand up tbh.

He wants to take him down and hurt him.

Bum rushing Conor would be very dangerous. Mcgregor's whole game is maintaining distance and counter striking when you enter. Khabib likes to jab, throw a sloppy right then ducks under to shoot. Basically a similar entry to Alvarez's darting right hand. Alvarez throws it and steps off or looks to clinch. Mcgregor countered and dropped Alvarez nearly every time he tried the technique. I see Khabib taking low outside single shots. He used this early with much success against Iaquinta. But in the 3rd and 4th, Al was able to stop the low singles by keeping his hands low and trying to use head movement to avoid Khabib's jab. Mcgregor's main defense against punches is head movement, and his reach means there will be greater distance to cover for Khabib.
Khabib switched to the Bum rush in the 5th vs Al, but Al didn't have the countering skills to make him pay. He used the bum rush the whole fight vs Barboza, but Barboza doesn't fight well off the backfoot and lacks Mcgregor's punching power.

I always picked Khabib to be the clear favorite over McGregor. But as the fight gets closer and closer it’s starting to look like a 50-50 to me.

Because of Conor’s unique attributes I believe that he is Khabibs biggest challenge along with Ferguson who might present problems to Khabib in a different way.

Kicks could be the worst thing Conor could use, even low kicks. They set him up to being taken down by Khabib.

This is a big myth. I been saying it for years and Conor even pointed it out. Kicks actually help prevent the TD. The problem is people throw these lazy ass kicks and that’s what makes them susceptible.

Not really, he really had no clue how to get back to his feet against Mendez. Chad gave up position for submission attempts allowing him to get up. Khabibs just gonna hold him down and beat the shit out of him for a full round. I think that's gonna take alot steam out of his punches if he makes it out the round.
Conor got up from every take down

Except one when the first round ended before he could

No way in hell he purposely stands with Conor. However, Khabib has publicly stated that he would maul Conor instead of submitting him if given the chance. I don't see him doing that either, it's too much of a risk.

Conor got up from every take down

Except one when the first round ended before he could
Yes he got up twice when Mendez gave up his position going for guillotines. If Mendez holds positions and decides to just gnp, Conor would've never gotten up. He was begging the ref to let him up with his back flat on the mat.

More Conor dick garglers wishful thinking. Why doesn’t Conor want to prove he’s well rounded?

More Conor dick garglers wishful thinking. Why doesn’t Conor want to prove he’s well rounded?
Your point being? Are you implying that Conor should let Khabib take him down at will without even trying to defend? This thread is no1 bs anyway. Every fight starts standing and it's almost inevitable that Conor gets taken down at some point. Baaically, both fighters will likely have a chance to showcase improvements in their weaker areas.

Khabib straight said he will not try to play a striking fight

Really pumped for the fight.
Really hard to pick a side even though i believe Khabib will take Conor down and it will be interesting to see how Conor fights through the beating.

But the biggest factor in my book will be cardio.
Khabib is unbeaten and i believe this will be his downfall in this one, because you don't fix things that ain't broken.
Conor already lost a couple of times and in the last two losses stamina played a big factor.
I barely saw him running in his Training camp but guess what he recently put that into his training.
I think Khabib will be the one gasping for air.

Then again i can be wrong and things play out totally different, but thats why we Love this game isn't it?

Good to see two Elite fighters get in the cage

Fake news that I hear all the time:

Conor has bad cardio, weak grappling and poor TDD
Conor is not tough and looks for ways out of a fight
Conor is one dimensional
Khabib is one dimensional
Khabib has been rocked multiple time
Khabib has bad striking
Khabib has never lost in his whole career as a martial artist
Khabib and Chad are the same
Conor at UFC 189 is the same as Conor @ UFC 205

Back