Why I think Conor will beat Khabib - because Khabib wants to prove he's well rounded

Really pumped for the fight.
Really hard to pick a side even though i believe Khabib will take Conor down and it will be interesting to see how Conor fights through the beating.

But the biggest factor in my book will be cardio.
Khabib is unbeaten and i believe this will be his downfall in this one, because you don't fix things that ain't broken.
Conor already lost a couple of times and in the last two losses stamina played a big factor.
I barely saw him running in his Training camp but guess what he recently put that into his training.
I think Khabib will be the one gasping for air.

Then again i can be wrong and things play out totally different, but thats why we Love this game isn't it?

Good to see two Elite fighters get in the cage
Great points. I like when I see a Sherbro being objective, or trying to, and looking at things from both sides. It's like around here you are forced to take a side and ball hug for one guy, "my team vs yours", but to me, the funniest part is really just dissecting the fights and not being a cheer leader.

The cardio issue is a really interesting one, ESPECIALLY since Khabib gassed hard in the third round vs Al. Cone to think of it, bs RDA, Barboza and Al, Khabib had a significant drop off come the third round, even when he was controlling the fight. Ironically, so does Conor drop off too, even when controlling the fight. As you point out tho, Conor seems to be working on this, but there is no telling how successful he will be if he is on the bottom getting smoothed. It is possible that he gets mailed then comes back, kind of like he did vs
Chad. Will be fascinating to say the least, and the most interesting stylistic match is that I can recall.

What am I underestimating? Does his striking look crisp and technical there or not?
He uses his striking effectively to close the distance. You will understand this come Oct. 6th.

Khabib straight said he will not try to play a striking fight
He did, but what happens if he can't close the distance? Then he has to play a striking fight. If he goes in there assuming that he will get the takedown right off the bat, he may end up in fucksville. Eddie said beating Conor was easy, and all you had to do was take him down........yeh........turned out he was badly mistaken in thinking UFC 189 Conor would show up.

Conor has shown the capacity in his career to make tremendous strides and improvements in small spaces of time (watch Duffy to Hill fight) and he has had two years off from MMA, and his hands have hit even better, so it will be fascinating to see what he brings to the table. Conversely, I was really impressed by Khabib's improvements in the hand's department, his jab and his boxing versus Raging Al, tho people round here think he looked poorly.

He did, but what happens if he can't close the distance? Then he has to play a striking fight.

Tbh if your mission is to reach one clinch with your opponent is not a crazy feat to achieve, don't even need to be a perfect manouver you can still be hit as long is'nt a clean KO strike

I like more Khabib chances to get the takedown (and apply brutal battery) at his first clinch, rather than Conor's chances to stop Khabib from get that clinch

It will require Conor get a flash KO in few seconds, and only time he achieved that on a top fighter (Aldo) he was facing an opponent going full retard trying to boxing stand and bang with him

Khabib literally said if Conor thinks he's gonna keep it standing like against Al he's an idiot. He won't keep the fight on the feet for more than ten seconds.

Conor will win by being a much better fighter. It will have nothing to do with Khabib’s game plan. There is literally no game plan Khabib can employ that will give him a win.
Best joke of the month. You won. LOL

More space to use his movement and not get cornered and any failed takedown attempt Conor could legally make him pay dearly if not KO him. Unified rules, smaller space makes this much easier for Khabib
Did you EVER see Conor KO anybody at failed TD attempt? Of course not. Only when the opponents try to box with Conor.

If kalabeeb comes in trying that momahmed Ali bs he will get snuffed, if he sticks to the plan ala barboza he should murder McNuggets! Then we can book the real fight kalaboob vs t-ferg for the 9363727337th time :)

i want khabib to win, but I think that Conor is going to pull this off and we'll all be shocked that he wins. I believe that Conor has been training for this since after the mayweather fight and he'll be ready to stop those take down and use his range to not let khabib get any close. He's going to manage his energy and pick the shots that he knows will land on khabib. I expect a lot of front kicks and side kicks to his body and legs that will slow khabib down. That only thing that I think will drag conor down is his cardio if it gets pass the second and that's will he'll lose. But I expect this fight to last no more than 2 rounds.
Yeah, you should be Conor's couch. Front and sidekicks against one of the best wrestler /grappler in UFC? LOL

I hope Conor KOs him very quickly just to see the reaction from the haters. I wouldn't bet on that happening, but I would love to see it

It's so funny you should say, because I have. And the more I go back and revisit his fights and his shit resume, the MORE I am convinced he is going to get blown the fuck out.
CostlyInfatuatedFreshwatereel.gif

Terrifying! LMAO

You know Khabib is pretty damn good if this gif is the worst that the haters can find

Great points. I like when I see a Sherbro being objective, or trying to, and looking at things from both sides. It's like around here you are forced to take a side and ball hug for one guy, "my team vs yours", but to me, the funniest part is really just dissecting the fights and not being a cheer leader.

The cardio issue is a really interesting one, ESPECIALLY since Khabib gassed hard in the third round vs Al. Cone to think of it, bs RDA, Barboza and Al, Khabib had a significant drop off come the third round, even when he was controlling the fight. Ironically, so does Conor drop off too, even when controlling the fight. As you point out tho, Conor seems to be working on this, but there is no telling how successful he will be if he is on the bottom getting smoothed. It is possible that he gets mailed then comes back, kind of like he did vs
Chad. Will be fascinating to say the least, and the most interesting stylistic match is that I can recall.
To compare their cardio, you have to look at the style of their fighting. Khabib's style isa waaaaay more demanding than Conor's style. You will never see Khabib running away from his opponent. If Khabib fought Nate the way Conor fought, he could do 50 rounds.

Completley disagree. I think he will get hit , but survive . He seems very grounded and i dont think hell be showcasing anything outside of his skills which isn't striking.

Can anyone tell me the best way to get tickets for this fight?
Thanks in advance

Conor will knock out Khabib in one. All the smart MMA fans know this. He has never faced a striker who has quite the same level of power, precision, and timing that Conor does.

As much as i like khabib smeshing irish jabroni's face if he plans to strike, he is for a real quick night. but given his performance against Barboza i don't think he will try to stand against Mcg.

Umm, I must have missed something, as far as I can recall I've seen all of Khabibs UFC fights and don't recall ever seeing him get "rocked" I've seen him take some shots, one time the shot actually even made him stop coming forward for a whole second but aside from that when has he ever been "Rocked", let alone "quite a few times"?

Can you provide some GIFs to refresh my memory?
NOPE. Michael Johnson who has some of the most underrated hands at LW when he was there BARELY staggered khabib , not drop , just staggered him briefly before recieving the worst beating of his career .

There is to much at stake here for Khabib to be reckless and try to box with McGregor. I think we're going to see the best version of Khabib for this one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back