Why I think Conor will beat Khabib - because Khabib wants to prove he's well rounded

He wants to take him down and humiliate him.

Appreciate the take, but i dont see it. Khabib will khabib Conor. To see him helpless as hes ragdolled on the ground is what khabib wants. For all the hype, unless connor swiftly kos him its going to be a grapplefuck all the way imo.

It's not about proving it to you clown, it's about proving it to himself.

He's already said he's stood and banged with other fighters to test himself.

The notion is ridiculous. He wants to win, and even if he sets little goals like going the full length of the fight or striking when he does have to doesn't mean he is going to put himself in a bad spot to do it. You said he'll be too prideful to open the fight with a TD and that's as ludicrous as Conor not wanting to open the fight with a punch.

Yes, like all of the bodies he has left broken on the canvas so far in the UFC. You know, the 6 out of 10 fights that went to decision, or the 2 submission wins over Michael Johnson and some guy no ones even heard of. Maybe like the finish over that part time mechanic or the other killer who currently fights in the PFL. What a beast

lol, this is some haterish shit if I've ever seen it. Clearly you don't watch the man work very much because in your mind a decision win = the other guy barely got hurt. But apparently beating the tar out of other professionals - easily at that - doesn't count unless some tool like you has heard of them before.

Stop being a forum retard and go watch his fights because you don't know what you're talking about.

The notion is ridiculous. He wants to win, and even if he sets little goals like going the full length of the fight or striking when he does have to doesn't mean he is going to put himself in a bad spot to do it. You said he'll be too prideful to open the fight with a TD and that's as ludicrous as Conor not wanting to open the fight with a punch.

lol, this is some haterish shit if I've ever seen it. Clearly you don't watch the man work very much because in your mind a decision win = the other guy barely got hurt. But apparently beating the tar out of other professionals - easily at that - doesn't count unless some tool like you has heard of them before.

Stop being a forum retard and go watch his fights because you don't know what you're talking about.
It's so funny you should say, because I have. And the more I go back and revisit his fights and his shit resume, the MORE I am convinced he is going to get blown the fuck out.
CostlyInfatuatedFreshwatereel.gif

Terrifying! LMAO

Conor is by far the better striker and Khabib is by far the better wrestler and far more well-rounded. This fight is one one of two ways, Conor hurts Khabib standing and finishes him or Khabib gets Conor to the ground and finishes him. I don't believe that Conor is one of those extremely durable fighters like Hunt who can take a ton of damage standing and on the ground, if Khabib gets McGregor down once it's probably over for Conor. On the other hand, Khabib has been rocked in quite a few of his fights and he likes to throw quite a bit with his TD attempts.

Khabib is too proud to rush out and go for an immediate TD like Couture did against James Toney. Khabib will want to mix it up some and then go for the TD and he is fairly confident in his striking even though it isn't very good.

I see Khabib standing a bit with Conor, throwing a lunging punch and getting countered and dropped where Conor will follow him to the ground for the GnP. If Conor's smart he'll let Khabib back up for the standing KO if he isn't 100% sure that Khabib is hurt very bad otherwise Conor could quickly get reversed or taken down and then lose a fight that he had in the bag.

However, I see Conor winning this fight in this manner. If Khabib played it smart and only threw the least he needed to to then get the TD he'd win but he won't, he'll stand and bang a bit and get caught by Conor and finished.

Agree/Disagree?

Umm, I must have missed something, as far as I can recall I've seen all of Khabibs UFC fights and don't recall ever seeing him get "rocked" I've seen him take some shots, one time the shot actually even made him stop coming forward for a whole second but aside from that when has he ever been "Rocked", let alone "quite a few times"?

Can you provide some GIFs to refresh my memory?

It's so funny you should say, because I have. And the more I go back and revisit his fights and his shit resume, the MORE I am convinced he is going to get blown the fuck out.

Terrifying! LMAO

His shit resume...the undefeated UFC LW champion who has fought in the deepest division MMA has to offer his whole life.

You're definitely trolling and definitely not watching any of his fights because this same goddamn one has this:

Shalorus-Nurmagomedov-2.gif

How did that fight end btw?

Terrifying! LMAO
It's funny Everytime someone posts that clip of Khabib and mocks him because they think it is "shit striking."

The truth is, if you actually look at it and dig into it, he was almost certainly anticipating a TD shot from Shalorus, who as most people know, started his career in wrestling and is very accomplished.

Point is, Khabib was simply anticipating a TD and wanted to catch him with a flying knee. He guessed wrong, and looks sorta dumb for it, but no harm no foul, as he still went on to easily win.

Khabib is horrible in the stand up.

Conor has a great chance in this fight.

It's not about proving it to you clown, it's about proving it to himself.

He's already said he's stood and banged with other fighters to test himself.
I understand where your thoughts are coming from, and to be honest, it's the one thing that does sort of scare me with this fight.

I am totally pulling for Khabib, and that would easily be the biggest mistake of his career, trying to stand and bang with Conor.

The one piece of evidence out there is in an interview with his head coach Javier Mendez however. Javier was asked after the Iaquinta fight that if Khabib and Conor were to fight, would he let him stand as long as he did with Al, and Javier says not a chance.

So his head coach has publicly come out and said he will not let Khabib stand with Conor for too long. Hopefully khabib is smart enough to listen.

The reason Conor will lose is because he is the cover athlete of EA UFC 3. Sorry, boys. There is no other way.

Nope. You're wrong. Khabib did/was able to do that last fight....this fight, he knows better.

...still probably gonna get KO'd though.

I could see this playout after 1-2 rounds of ground and mash.

Then Connor will not have the cardio or power to hurt him so Khabib will then outstrike him just to do it

But I honestly don’t think Connor can withstand the punishment if he ends up on bottom for awhile under Khabib.

He’s still got the left hand and could spark him but at 155 he’s likely gonna need multiple shots and Khabib isn’t going to openly allow him those

His shit resume...the undefeated UFC LW champion who has fought in the deepest division MMA has to offer his whole life.

You're definitely trolling and definitely not watching any of his fights because this same goddamn one has this:

Shalorus-Nurmagomedov-2.gif

How did that fight end btw?
I've already mentioned that fight in a previous post. A 9-5-2 fighter who lost all of his fights under the UFC banner, dogshit. He will never even make it that far with Conor if he even tries throwing some bullshit like in the gif I posted. He's fought in the deepest division MMA has to offer, and one of his best wins is arguably over a fighter (MJ) who fought at FW, who has lost 5 of his last 6, with 8 of his 13 losses coming by way of submission. Don't forget Barboza , who is 4-4 in his last 8 , or the real estate agent coming off of a long lay off, taking the fight on 1 days notice and STILL surviving. Yet, here you are talking about Khabib leaving "broken bodies" on the canvas. Who is trolling here? Get fucking lost. I've studied his shit and I'm not impressed. And on the wee hours of October 7th, I'm coming back to clown the fuck out of you specifically.

Last edited:
I've already mentioned that KO in a previous post. A 9-5-2 fighter who lost all of his fights under the UFC banner, dogshit. He will never even make it that far with Conor if he even tries throwing some bullshit like in the gif I posted. He's fought in the deepest division MMA has to offer, and one of his best wins is arguably over a fighter (MJ) who fought at FW, who has lost 5 of his last 6, with 8 of his 13 losses coming by way of submission. Don't forget Barboza , who is 4-4 in his last 8 , or the real estate agent coming off of a long lay off, taking the fight on 1 days notice and STILL surviving. Yet, here you are talking about Khabib leaving "broken bodies" on the canvas. Who is trolling here? Get fucking lost. I've studied his shit and I'm not impressed. And on the wee hours of October 7th, I'm coming back to clown the fuck out of you specifically.

All this time and effort spent trying to discredit his wins as best you can. Sad.

McGregor's got a puncher's chance to win but that's all I'm giving him. The odds are very high you're going to be clowning no one that day, but take comfort in that fact that I won't be clowning you because A) you're not that important and B) being completely and utterly wrong will suffice.

All this time and effort spent trying to discredit his wins as best you can. Sad.

McGregor's got a puncher's chance to win but that's all I'm giving him. The odds are very high you're going to be clowning no one that day, but take comfort in that fact that I won't be clowning you because A) you're not that important and B) being completely and utterly wrong will suffice.
If we're talking about odds, the odds are that your severely overhyped russian hug machine won't even make it to the fight. So yes, I will acquiesce that you may be right that I won't be clowning anyone on October 7th. Good job.

Last edited:
Khabib has said the opposite plenty of times. He said he'll try to take Conor down, and if Conor defends, he'll try 100 more times to take Conor down. He said he'd stand no chance if he tried to stand with Conor. He's not stupid.

Conor will win by being a much better fighter. It will have nothing to do with Khabib’s game plan. There is literally no game plan Khabib can employ that will give him a win.

Back