Why GSP v Condit is Rightfully FOTY 2012

If GSP just laid there...why was Condit leaking? People on Sherdog sure have a problem giving an opinion not laced with personal opinion and emotion....

Because he was looking up at the clock very often...

Exactly. Because GSP is such a dull fighter, when he actually has a half-decent fight, everyone has to rave about it.
There are always weak-minded people that need to devalue other opinions to try to get some worth to their own.

Lauzon vs either Varner or Miller were far better fights than either GSP-Condit or KZ-Porier

1. KZ/Poirer is over-rated:

- Granted it was an awesome fight and rightfully FOTN, but rewatching the fight, there were points in the fight which were quite stagnant.

ZOMBIE-KNEE.gif

Jung-Poirier-1.gif

Some stagnant fight eh

Apart from Carlos' flailing head kick he was dominated for 5 rounds, it was a really one-sided fight.

Moreover I never considered Condit a (UFC) champion.

edit: what is that word called to describe Condit's kick he landed on Georges' head? A word that describes a weak kick that barely touches the enemy's head.

So you're saying GSP has a glass chin since he got dropped by such a weak kick? GSP said after the fight this was his "hardest fight" in his career.

That just looks like a guy with a few scratches

Looks like a warrior who went through a war and came out on top. Thread starter was 100% correct in his detailed analysis. I would just like to add that GSP/Condit was fought at the highest technical level in MMA. Stuff like Lauzon/Miller, while exciting, is bush league compared to the level of GSP Condit. I would also just like to add that Zombie/Poirier was not that competitive. I had Zombie winning every round of that fight.

Last edited:
there's no reason a 50-45 fight should be fight of the year. if it was that good, and that close, condit would have won at least one round.

I'm a huge GSP fan. Probably more than 90% of his fans on Sherdog and I disagree. Still the fight was amazing and it really took away that people consider him boring.

I thought KZ vs Poirier aas awesome. I loved it. But GSP vs Condit deserves some serious recognition.

Not even close!!! SMH @ someone thinking this was FOTY.

People give Poirier way too much credit, Zombie flat out whooped his fuckin ass and owned him on a finish.

There were no stagnant moments in the KZ fight.

The GSP fight did not win because it was not back and forth, and the pace was really slow. There were 2 exciting moments in that fight,
1. When GSP got dropped and then GNP'd.
2. With 10 seconds left in the 5th GSP decided to really go nuts with his GNP.
That's it. Otherwise it was a typical rinse repeat fight from GSP.

Lol at glancing, flailing leg kick. GSP hat a football on the side of his head under that ice.

Diaz misguided nutgarglers will do anything to try and discredit GSPs chin and heart or Condits kicks.

After finally watching KZ / Poirer I was surprised by how one sided it was.

Both great fights but not sure about FOTY for either.

KZ/Poirer is foty, condit vs gsp was not that good. You are just a gsp fan and it was long time ago since his last fight and it was a good gsp fight but stop the bullshit. Condit just did elbows from the bottom, the kick and gnp. Other then that it was same omd gsp fight

So you're saying GSP has a glass chin since he got dropped by such a weak kick? GSP said after the fight this was his "hardest fight" in his career.

Diaz ate the exact same kick and was unfazed. I'm not saying GSP has a glass chin, but I don't think he has the ability to absorb damage very well.

Diaz ate the exact same kick and was unfazed. I'm not saying GSP has a glass chin, but I don't think he has the ability to absorb damage very well.

Diaz took the end of the foot on the cheek and has a top 10 chin.

GSP took the shin to the top of the head out of nowhere.

How many bombs did it take for Serra to put him away? Brendan Schaub, he ain't.

Youre really stretching TS. Bullshit typed up in multiple paragraphs is still bullshit. KZ vs Poirier smashes GSP vs Condit but hell neither are better than Lauzon vs Varner.

Back