Why don't heavy hitters like Ngannou, Rumble and Khaos go to boxing

instead of UFC, you think with their insane punching power they could try boxing and get more money
Miocic made Ngannou miss a lot, and also hit Ngannou fairly easily; professional boxers would make Ngannou look worse.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_p3106h7MLi1r7vh24o2_400.gifv

Sherdog also thought head-straight-back JDS was a great “boxer”.

He is a good offensive boxer for MMA, just with very poor defensive qualities.

I think it was apparent to everyone after the two cain fights (and sadly, every fight after).

If Francis, Rumble or Khaos go to pro boxing, they will be mercilessly spanked and KOed into oblivion. The idea that boxing is just punching hard is ridiculous.

lol
Ngano lost every striking exchange vs Stipe, and Stipe is just a mediocre boxer... So how will he do good on boxing? Any boxer will put a boxing clinic on him lol
Stipe is exactly that, a good all around mma fighter and a mediocre boxer, but that was enough to spank Ngannou like a n00b for 25 minutes.

Because the skill level in the stand up is significantly higher in boxing to the point where simply having power means close to nothing.

It meant a lot for Wilder.

Boxing is much more about technique than power. These guys would get smoked in high level boxing, hence their careers in MMA
Dat wilder technique is legendary huh...
The legendary windmill jujitsu rises once more

If these guys are serious, I’m sure they’d command a much higher payday than the average boxer would (mma fans would but the ppv). Now let’s face facts : a career boxer would make them pay dearly for every wild swing they took. The good news is that the ufc hw division is so talent drained that Dana would gladly welcome them back.

I'd love to see engoonoo give it a try. I'm sure it would go well

iu
Lol, you trying to tell me Ngannou couldn't flatline every hw boxer on planet Earth if he landed a good shot? Get outta here with that nonsense. Wilder isn't really all that different from Ngannou. He has insane power, but pretty terrible actual boxing technique and fundamentals. His great equalizer is his right hand.

Boxing is much more about technique than power. These guys would get smoked in high level boxing, hence their careers in MMA
Wilder dimisses the whole argument.

That being said, its much more easier for a hw in in the mmc to jump the rankings and make potential millions.

Boxing you'd still have to grind and not guaranteed to even be in a position to make millions. The mid-level pay of boxing is also worse than mma midlevel pay

Ngannou has shitty set-ups and bad technique, he would get absolutely nowhere.
breazeale got far and he was a football player turned boxer late in his career. Wilder has really bad technique and became a world champion.

Much harder to hit someone with those big ass gloves and no threat of kicks or grappling

they would get paid considerably less than in UFC until it is like a top contender fight

I was cornering a pal who fought for one of those intercontinental titles at cruiserweight a couple of years ago. Cant remember if it was WBF or WBC

he was paid 5k

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back