Why don't heavy hitters like Ngannou, Rumble and Khaos go to boxing

MoreKane

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
instead of UFC, you think with their insane punching power they could try boxing and get more money

I think their power wouldn’t translate with the bigger gloves and the blocking defense boxers use.

I'd love to see engoonoo give it a try. I'm sure it would go well

iu

Ngannou wanted to go into boxing first but was advised that it was a lot harder to break into the cliquish boxing world in France if you didn't have the right connections. I think he still intends to one day but really needs the cachet of having a belt first.

Rumble doesn't strike me as the guy who'd put in the effort to condition himself to be able to go 10 rounds.

And aren't we reeeeeeeally jumping the gun on Khaos to mention him in their company? Based on 2 UFC fights?

Last edited:
You guys are kidding yourself if you think Ngannou would struggle at boxing. Take a look at the records of the opponents that Deontay Wilder and Mike Tyson beat. Ngannou would smoke the majority of heavyweight boxers. The very top guys could be another story no question, but there just isn't a lot of competition globally in heavyweight boxing

Big punchers in mma are mediocre in boxing, didn’t you learn from the Conor fight?

Anyone can be KO’d with small mma gloves.

Also it’s way way more difficult to join the elite in boxing, there’s world championship contenders like gaethje who clearly don’t train much BJJ, if any at all.

Back