why don't americans support their fighters?

There's a shit load of American fighters though. It's only really Brazil who does it on that scale

We don't have to. Other countries pray for a champion. We have 5+

Americans support the best. We are used to imports and immigrants . We like our own shit but we are fond of everyone elses too because of it and that attitude rolls over to sports. We love russian hockey players black guys from brazil cars from germany pistols from austria and so on

England is not that far off, specially now
Not even minorities, even different white groups like Latvians and Polish were told to fuck off after the Brexit
Yes but there are other reasons for that!. They feel the
Polish or Latvian people are taking their jobs because they cant compete with them on the labour market.

It's nowhere NEAR the difference between an Irish accent and an English accent or a Welsh accent or a Scottish accent. Obviously there will be small differences but they're very similar. Even the difference between a Northern Ireland accent and a Dublin accent is greater than any American accents and that's a 2 hour drive.

Culture is once again very similar everywhere. All countries will have distinct urban and rural culture but the general culture is the same everywhere. Everyone watches the same television channels, gets the same news, follows the same sports etc.
Also true, the difference between mine Alsatian french to someone from Paris is way bigger than the difference from a New Yorker to a Texan

Cos it would be boring. And anyway, divisions packed with Amercians so kinda of pointless.

Probably because the roster is majority American and rather than support 60% of the roster, people find favorite fighters to support instead. Fans from the UK, Ireland, Croatia, Sweden, Russia, Japan, Korea, etc don't have that many fighters from their countries, so they support their fighters.

Is this really so difficult to understand?

Polish or Latvian people are taking their jobs because they cant compete with them on the labour market.
I understand and agree to their POV.
I just don't like hear people say that they are way more open to foreigners than we are.

It's nowhere NEAR the difference between an Irish accent and an English accent or a Welsh accent or a Scottish accent. Obviously there will be small differences but they're very similar. Even the difference between a Northern Ireland accent and a Dublin accent is greater than any American accents and that's a 2 hour drive.

Culture is once again very similar everywhere. All countries will have distinct urban and rural culture but the general culture is the same everywhere. Everyone watches the same television channels, gets the same news, follows the same sports etc.

I guess you'd have to be here to understand. You can be in Staten Island and then go 3 hours in upstate New York and people will sound different. And that's in the same State (province for some of my foreign friends). An American southern accent and a thick New York accent are about as similar as any two accents from two English speaking countries.

As far as the cultural stuff, you do have a point there. We do watch the same shit--it's cable, I guess we have no choice there. But it's not that simple. Some parts of the US have more of certain cultures than others. The US alone is probably the least homogenous country in the world. Every corner is different and has its own flavor.

Because Americans are terrible fans in every sport. They don't have any chants other than USA and let's go. It's so hard to watch. There's no passion. They're not intimidating people. In Brazil they are much more passionate and that's also a huge country

Apparently you have never watched an NFL game. American Football fans are bonkers. Sports fans here are more into the team from there region/state and also really fanatic about their college teams.

..in general?

every other country gives massive support to their fighters. US fans just don't seem to really care one way or the other. for a country that is so proud of being american usually, i find this very strange.
USA USA USA.... There's enough drucken fucks there at events held here in America to make up for it no reason for me to get behind a fighter I don't like just because they were born here.

Maybe the Brits should learn to compete then...or stop importing so many immigrants.

Everyone already pretty much summed it up.

So much of the roster is American. I gotta cheer for like 70% of the fighters? Fuck that. I cheer for the fighters I like, regardless of the country and have no problem cheering against Americans.

Also, this isn't some country where everyone looks the same (in the big cities, at least).

He's trolling lol.

To think that someone in Mobile, Alabama and someone in Boston are pretty much the same culturally is ignorant.

I don't care where a fighter is from I just want to watch someone thats entertaining. Just because I'm Canadian doesn't mean I have support or cheer for GSP or any other Canadian fighter no matter how they fight.

I just support who I like. Which is usually any fighter who shows aggressive skills inside the cage and respect outside of it.

Back