why don't americans support their fighters?

cheezum

@purple
Reaction score
..in general?

every other country gives massive support to their fighters. US fans just don't seem to really care one way or the other. for a country that is so proud of being american usually, i find this very strange.

Because they have so much talent and so many different ethnicities from all over the world. Americans just want to see people red.

Because you're an evil, ugly American if you support American fighters.

See the whiny threads about when UFC crowds chant "U-S-A! U-S-A!"

I support good or entertaining fighters...who gives a shit where they are from...people can't choose where they are born

Strange.

Every live show i go to....USA USA chants are everywhere.

It's no fun to root for the favorites.

The guy from the flavela needs that 15K win bonus a lot more.

Because we are a bunch of disparate groups in 50 diff states (like countries)

As a jerzy guy I always root for Edgar though I didn't like his strategy in the last fight.

But if someone is from Oregon or Minnesota etc. they might as well be from Canada or England.

..in general?

every other country gives massive support to their fighters. US fans just don't seem to really care one way or the other. for a country that is so proud of being american usually, i find this very strange.

This isn't the Olympics where athletes are competing to give glory to their countries (and themselves, of course).
Why don't you create better threads?

Because they usually just follow American sports with all American athletes. International competition is more usual for the rest of the world, particularly regarding football.

We do if we like them.

When Americans are so over-represented in sports it feels kind of silly to give every one of them unconditional support just because they're Americans.

America dominates the sport, so it isn't a big deal for us when another one of our guys becomes a champ.

You foreigners really don't have much to be proud of so it's understandable that you're so invested in one fighter's victory.

USA! USA!

I just enjoy and cheer on good fighters in general, whether they're from the states or elsewhere.

Cheering for your country if it's not the olympics is fucking stupid.

You should be a fan because you like a guys style. Rogan is right USA chants are dumb.

because americans are cultured and cosmopolitan, while the rest of the world is a bunch of backwards, racist, xenophobic, inbred hicks

I personally could care less what country a fighter is from. If I like him, I like him.

Back