why don't americans support their fighters?

Crowds support the hometown fighters. Country not so much

I only like American Fighters. American Muscle. Check my sig. I also dont like a lot of them. But If I have to chose will always root American, Even Ty-Run over foreigner.

..in general?

every other country gives massive support to their fighters. US fans just don't seem to really care one way or the other. for a country that is so proud of being american usually, i find this very strange.

People have said since the early days of the UFC that American fans a the worst ect! But you pretty much nailed it. events in America in most cases the fans cheer for there favorite fighter!
Shogun, A. Silva V Silva, Fedor never really mattered. They are fans. They also cheer when another fighter from any country wins by an exciting finish Were as when they have events in other countries the outsiders get booed even when they win! They also cheer loudly when a foreign fighter wins by exciting finish Vs americans! In most cases Americans are the most neutral! Aside of the always present drunk knobbs!

..in general?

every other country gives massive support to their fighters. US fans just don't seem to really care one way or the other. for a country that is so proud of being american usually, i find this very strange.
Liberal US culture. Liberals are mostly self loathing anti Americans. Liberals are mad enough to riot over a proposed wall going up on the texas border. There is already a fence there!

I root for non-trash talking, good respectful sportsmen and humble fighters. It doesn't matter what country they are from.

IMO America is so multi cultureal that people don't really care about each other if they are not from the same Area, IE America is a continent not a country. A dude from NY would support a fighter from NY.

I root for non-trash talking, good respectful sportsmen and humble fighters. It doesn't matter what country they are from.

Where did you buy your Sage Shirt. And what color did you get?

b51a269956ab3d98407f0ba16da056b8.jpg

Cause were huge and have a lot of fighters. Some good some bad. I pull for whoever is a real fighter.

Reem and Mousasi are my favs but i love watching the diaz bros and Sonnen too.

Whoever performs and has skill gets my vote. No matter your skin color or country of origin.

..in general?

that's not it

they will only support it if they become successful
and the thing is there's only a handful of successful UFC fighters for every country (outside of US and Brazil)

I'm sure people in different countries is a big fan of X fighter that's not from their country.

If you're a white American you literally get called a racist for everything.

Back