why don't americans support their fighters?

It's because Americans are more wealthy and civilized than the poor countries. Rooting for someone solely based on country and/or race is for the poor and stupid.

(not really my answer but I think this is the type of response TS wants...I mean Sherdog just isn't fun if you're not calling people out for things)

It has nothing to do with "poverty". It's a cultural problem. There are poorer countries than Brazil with humble, open and friendly people who don't care too much about nationality. Brazilians are just one of the most nationalistic people in the world. It's a very closed society, and they always act like they have something to prove to foreigners.

Yea it is weird that people never chant USA USA... oh... wait.

It's no fun to root for the favorites.

The guy from the flavela needs that 15K win bonus a lot more.
why? so can spend it on bags of rice? or a pastel coloured flip flop?

let the american have that money. buy some good old fashioned USA bbq and some gold chains.

americans are better and everyone knows it.

see this friggin cake?!
cool-cake-American-flag.jpg

if you dont speak english your not gettin none!

I don't know TS but it probably has something to do with FREEDOM.

7504560406_cc1a5202ed_z.jpg

Whoever we root for, Luke will say it's because we're racist.

..in general?

every other country gives massive support to their fighters. US fans just don't seem to really care one way or the other. for a country that is so proud of being american usually, i find this very strange.

you sure about this?

where you from? I'm assuming not the US.

I'm irish and live in Ireland but I have lived in the states for a few years when I was younger.

we're a mixed bag. you could almost say we're a melting pot. it takes all kinds.

To be fair it is fucking annoying.
But it's okay when Brazilian crowds chant "You will die! You will die!" when a Brazilian is fighting a non-Brazilian.

But it's okay when Brazilian crowds chant "You will die! You will die!" when a Brazilian is fighting a non-Brazilian.

I think that is pretty retarded as well. That being said im not American or Brazilian so it may be in their culture.

Why don't Americans support american NFL players???

I personally could care less what country a fighter is from. If I like him, I like him.

Same but if there is a total of like 4 guys from your country you are going to go for them.

Unless its Lombard seems like no one wants to claim him.

whenever Jorge Rivera fought I supported him. Or Joe Lauzon. I'm from Massachusetts.

It its from the stockton school of encouragement.

"Youre going to die in there Nate, you'll die in there" Nate's cornerman during the Conor fight.

Back