Why don´t people accept that everyones on steroids?

Actually it's a pretty intelligent approach to base an opinion off of hard facts rather pure, unsubstantiated speculation.

Keep dreaming my friend.

BiJiUoUIIAAqiD9.jpg

ATT guys who've either failed tests or admitted to taking steroids:

Thiago Alves
Failed For: Spironolactone

*Bill Mahood
Failed For: Drostanalone

Dennis Hallman
Failed For: Drostanalone and Nandrolone

Ariel Gandulla
Failed For: Nandrolone

Alexandre Nogueira
Failed For: Boldenone

Antonio 'Bigfoot' Silva

Thiago Silva
Failed For: Submitting non-human urine.

Muhammed 'King Mo' Lawal

Thiago Tavares

Brian Bowles
Failed For: Elevated levels of Testosterone

Antonio 'Bigfoot' Silva

Mike King

Fail Date: 13th August 2014

Hector Lombard
Failed For: Desoxymethyltestosterone

Gleison Tibau
Failed For: EPO and a currently undisclosed PED

Yoel Romero
Failed For: A currently undisclosed designer steriod which increases testosterone

Luke Thomas said someting interseting about this: (a lot of paraphrasing)

one of the reasons why people are so keen of having "natural" fighters is becouse they want a fair playing field.
The thing is, there is nothing fair about any athletic competition.
Genetics (athleticism),
Talent (ability to pick up new skills) and
Money (pay for travel, food and traning) is by far more deciding factors in your ability to perform compared to PED's

Mightey Mouse (assuming he is clean) is going to beat up a juiced Ali Bagautinov 9 times out of 10.

I have friends competing in unpaid amateur sports who are on PED's just because they want to win so bad.

I'm also pretty sure the ONE FC Champ wouldn't tell you if he was on PED's anyway...

The higher the level and bigger the stakes the more likely the competitors are going to be on PED's.
I can assure you that particular fighter certainly isnt taking anything, I was joking with him about it recently about him taking "stuff" and lets just say he got very defensive to say the least, lets just say he was more than a little pissed at the suggestion that he was using anything so much so it nearly messed up our friendship, accusing somebody of cheating even if your joking doesnt go down well at all, I dont advise it.

Is it also a coincidence that all top 15 female ufc fighters all have somewhat of a masculine jawline? why doesn't arianny or britney have any signs of them?

At some point in all the tops fighters careers they would have taken something without a doubt. Prolonged training always yields injuries no matter how careful you are and Im very confident that there has been added help to shorten the injury time with 99% of the UFC roster (yes there could always be a exception).

IMO thats fine let the boys play!

I can assure you that particular fighter certainly isnt taking anything, I was joking with him about it recently about him taking "stuff" and lets just say he got very defensive to say the least, lets just say he was more than a little pissed at the suggestion that he was using anything so much so it nearly messed up our friendship, accusing somebody of cheating even if your joking doesnt go down well at all, I dont advise it.

That actually raises suspicions if anything! why get so defensive if he truly has nothing to hide? Laugh it off and move on!

Is it also a coincidence that all top 15 female ufc fighters all have somewhat of a masculine jawline? why doesn't arianny or britney have any signs of them?

Arianny and Britney are hired for being hot babes.

Successful fights are probably going to have more masculine features due to having more testosterone.

Same reason male fighters don't look like Screech or Urkel.

I'll just keep looking at the fact thanks.

hector-lombard.jpg

Oh the facts? Heres ATT's failed tests.

Thiago Alves
Failed For: Spironolactone

Bill Mahood

Dennis Hallman
Failed For: Drostanalone and Nandrolone

Ariel Gandulla
Failed For: Nandrolone

Alexandre Nogueira

Antonio 'Bigfoot' Silva

Thiago Silva
Failed For: Submitting non-human urine.

Muhammed 'King Mo' Lawal

Thiago Tavares

Brian Bowles

Antonio 'Bigfoot' Silva

Mike King

Failed For: Nandrolone and elevated levels Testosterone

Hector Lombard
Failed For: Desoxymethyltestosterone

Gleison Tibau
Failed For: EPO and a currently undisclosed PED

Yoel Romero
Failed For: A currently undisclosed designer steriod which increases testosterone

That actually raises suspicions if anything! why get so defensive if he truly has nothing to hide? Laugh it off and move on!
Why would somebody get defensive if accused of cheating (Although Joking) when they are not?? Well if somebody said that to me Id be annoyed too knowing how hard you have to work, Its a pretty reasonable reaction IMO. From my experience its the ones that are using that dont react as much when the question arises.

Not everyone but like in cycling, i believe those who stay long enough in the top 10 are.

I don't see any way you can touch the top ten in cycling without using. We're talking about a sport where each athlete is doinng 15,000-20,000 pedal strokes for a single stage of the Tour de France. And that's it. Do those pedal strokes faster than the other racers and you win. Slower and you lose. Hard to imagine a clean racer in a field of dirty races having any sweet chance in hell.

MMA is a bit different. Hit someone on the button, and you win the fight. Manage to get hold of an arm in a scramble, and you win a fight. Have a long reach and an effective jab and keep a guy at your range and out of his for 2 out of 3 rounds, and you win a fight.

Mind you, this isn't to say PEDs aren't rampant in the sport, or even that Nate is wrong that (practically) everyone is using... but at least it's possible to imagine a path to winning without using.

(Of course, ditto for the NFL, and I'm pretty sure the NFL is right up there with cycling as far as being a dirty sport goes.)

If he had just laughed it off without denying it that would be more suspicious than having a natural reaction to get upset when being accused of being cheater.

Why would somebody get defensive if accused of cheating (Although Joking) when they are not?? Well if somebody said that to me Id be annoyed too knowing how hard you have to work, Its a pretty reasonable reaction IMO. From my experience its the ones that are using that dont react as much when the question arises.

When I was young and training for wrestling I was significantly stronger than I looked (and weighed), as are a lot of wrestlers. I'd hear guys in the weight room whisper "steroids" pretty regularly. I was clean as a whistle. I was actually quite proud of those accusations at the time.

I do think it's a little different when you're a professional athlete who is trying to make a living off of not just his performance in the sport, but also his brand, and the accusations aren't whispers in the weight room but public call outs.

Actually it's a pretty intelligent approach to base an opinion off of hard facts rather pure, unsubstantiated speculation.

What facts? That its common knowledge how easy its to avoid detection on these tests? Or the fact that competing with people on PED´s is impossible for clean athletes.

If he had just laughed it off without denying it that would be more suspicious than having a natural reaction to get upset when being accused of being cheater.

Well I just dont think so. Why get super defensive and potentially lose a friendship over a "joke" if he had nothing to hide you would just tell him he is being a dick head and forget it.

Sounds to me like a guilty conscious

That is, because they often assume people think they only got to where they are because of "cheating". Its obviously not true, cause they got there over all the people who are using aswell.

Its sad really. We have a video of a fighter admitting usage of PEDs and USADA is not advanced in technology enough to beat cycling.

Only catching the poor souls who failed to cycle or abused PED's way too much.

Naw. They catching guys by showing up at the gym when a fighter has a needle in his ass.

Random testing and stiff penalties has changed the landscape. Just like a lot of Pollyanna's deluded themselves into thinking PED use was rare in MMA, a lot of cynics are now deluding themselves into thinking that USADA busting big name players left and right, blowing huge holes in their careers, and costing them millions of dollars is not making a difference.

The before and after USADA fighter bodies/performances are not an illusion. That shit is legit happening.

Back