Why don´t people accept that everyones on steroids?

No children not "every" fighter is on steroids, I personally know three UFC fighters one of which is a very close friend and one that fights in ONE Championship and there is no fucking way that they take steroids of that Im 100% positive so Nate Diaz is talking through his ass and if you want to know where I train I suggest you check back through my posts.
Yes, because they would tell you if they did, the guy blabbering about them on internet message boards :rolleyes:

I just assume everybody is on something. My life is so much easier with that line of thinking. I am never disappointed when somebody pops.

It's pretty much the "innocent until proven guilty" crowd vs. "fail the eye test" crowd.

This discussion will never end so long as the stigma on steroids remains. As other posters have said it's not so much the usage of the steroids so much as the connotation of "cheating" and taking shortcuts. The thing is, these athletes and fighters have amazing genetics, work harder than most others, know how to train and eat AND take steroids. The common man thinks that it's supposed to be a level playing field and therefore steroid users are assholes and cheaters. Of course there's something to be said for a level playing field and this line of reasoning but this can only be the case when all athletes are on. How many people get caught says nothing about how many are using. It is my view that everyone is on at that level and that talent and hard work still makes the difference. There is just no way these guys do what they do without pharmaceutical help. If there is even one guy that does I'd like to meet him. Get him on a cycle and he would beat everyone with one hand tied behind his back.

Luke Thomas said someting interseting about this: (a lot of paraphrasing)

one of the reasons why people are so keen of having "natural" fighters is becouse they want a fair playing field.
The thing is, there is nothing fair about any athletic competition.
Genetics (athleticism),
Talent (ability to pick up new skills) and
Money (pay for travel, food and traning) is by far more deciding factors in your ability to perform compared to PED's

Mightey Mouse (assuming he is clean) is going to beat up a juiced Ali Bagautinov 9 times out of 10.

So some people are better at stuff than others? thanks for the insight Luke.

I just assume everybody is on something. My life is so much easier with that line of thinking. I am never disappointed when somebody pops.
Agree fully. When I was young I took it harder when someone popped. I used to think all those bodybuilders, powerlifters and strongmen competitors where clean. I even believed Arnold when he said " oh I only took dbol once to try it out for shits n giggles" or something like that. It is not weird for an average person to think likewise but once you've trained in a gym for an extended amount of time , be it lifting weights or MMA or whatever, your eyes will eventually open up. It is not a popular stance to take nowadays but I stand by this view. I've had many discussions with people about this but they never seem to have an answer when I ask them something simple like : how come times in (for instance) the tour de France haven't gotten slower after the Armstrong fiasco and subsequent stricter testing in cycling? That would either mean that a) steroids are ineffective (so why bother testing) or b) everyone is still on. Again, just my view of course.

Train twice a day, 6 times a week and see how good and fast you recover without some help.

protip: You won't.
Haha the voice of experience!

Longest I did was 14 days with 1 off schedule for 2 months....Now I'm waiting for labral tare surgery in my left hip this fall....

U can't train at those levels for too long without help or u end up like me!

Haha the voice of experience!

Longest I did was 14 days with 1 off schedule for 2 months....Now I'm waiting for labral tare surgery in my left hip this fall....

U can't train at those levels for too long without help or u end up like me!
I remember n Arnold's encyclopedia of bodybuilding he advocates training twice a day. Twice a fucking day! And that is "just" lifting weights. Imagine doing sparring in the morning, conditioning drills, wrestling and ground training and all that other shit and lifting in the evening...

because they aren't

Here is Nate saying it loud and clear. And unlike most people saying "Everyone but me and my teammates is on steroids", Nate never says he isnt on them. Its ridiculous when people use muscular body as an indication for using, or saying that someone with a body like Nate can´t be using. Does Lance Armstrong look like Overeem to you? Truth is, PED´s are used most in sports that have more to do with endurance.

No actually the "but me" part is meant to communicate that he is not on them. Whether that is true or not is another matter. And we know that the part about his teammates not being on them is patently false because they've been caught. While I think its reasonable to assume that PEDs are rampant in all competitive sports you cannot know for certain that everyone is using something against the rules until everyone fails a test.

Having said that, there is a sense in which your thread title is literally true. Every healthy human has steroids of multiple types flowing through their bodies right now. Steroid is a technical term for a chemical structure that many substances have, including ones your body naturally produces or are in your diet. If all the steroids were removed from your body it would kill you.

This discussion will never end so long as the stigma on steroids remains. As other posters have said it's not so much the usage of the steroids so much as the connotation of "cheating" and taking shortcuts. The thing is, these athletes and fighters have amazing genetics, work harder than most others, know how to train and eat AND take steroids. The common man thinks that it's supposed to be a level playing field and therefore steroid users are assholes and cheaters. Of course there's something to be said for a level playing field and this line of reasoning but this can only be the case when all athletes are on. How many people get caught says nothing about how many are using. It is my view that everyone is on at that level and that talent and hard work still makes the difference. There is just no way these guys do what they do without pharmaceutical help. If there is even one guy that does I'd like to meet him. Get him on a cycle and he would beat everyone with one hand tied behind his back.

Quoted for truth.

A long time ago, PEDs were equated with narcotics. Hence the term "doping" (from 'dope', a general term for street drugs) when describing an athlete on PEDs. Now we are all supposed to think that PEDs are terrible (funny, since a lot of them are prescription drugs) and that your favourite sports hero definitely isn't doping. Here are the facts:

- The playing field isn't fair, with or without PEDs. Actually, if both fighters are on PEDs, the playing field is more level than if they weren't.
- 99% of professional athletes are on something. The positive tests we see are the tiny tip of the iceberg. Think about it, if there wasn't a really good chance of getting away with it, nobody would risk their career by taking PEDs.
- Contrary to popular belief, PEDs do not have an established link to health risks. Yes, we know. What about the body builders who drop dead at 30. The problem there is, that when they die, they usually have so much shit in their blood stream (PEDs, diuretics, narcotics, etc.) that it's impossible to determine what caused the health problems, since it's impossible to isolate the drugs. Body builders are also taking higher doses of PEDs than any doctor would ever recommend.

We have found substances that make you a better athlete. They make you perform better, heal faster, recover better and less prone to career-ending injuries. Why isn't that something we should embrace?

Quoted for truth.

A long time ago, PEDs were equated with narcotics. Hence the term "doping" (from 'dope', a general term for street drugs) when describing an athlete on PEDs. Now we are all supposed to think that PEDs are terrible (funny, since a lot of them are prescription drugs) and that your favourite sports hero definitely isn't doping. Here are the facts:

- The playing field isn't fair, with or without PEDs. Actually, if both fighters are on PEDs, the playing field is more level than if they weren't.
- 99% of professional athletes are on something. The positive tests we see are the tiny tip of the iceberg. Think about it, if there wasn't a really good chance of getting away with it, nobody would risk their career by taking PEDs.
- Contrary to popular belief, PEDs do not have an established link to health risks. Yes, we know. What about the body builders who drop dead at 30. The problem there is, that when they die, they usually have so much shit in their blood stream (PEDs, diuretics, narcotics, etc.) that it's impossible to determine what caused the health problems, since it's impossible to isolate the drugs. Body builders are also taking higher doses of PEDs than any doctor would ever recommend.

We have found substances that make you a better athlete. They make you perform better, heal faster, recover better and less prone to career-ending injuries. Why isn't that something we should embrace?

This so much. Does anyone believe that guys like Lance Armstrong or Anderson Silva would risk doing PED´s at the end of their careers, risking their whole legacy if there weren´t almost 100% chance for not getting caught? I agree a lot of fighters aren´t the smartest of the bunch, but Silva probably pays people shitload of money to work all that out for him. Its not even worth for his managers to risk losing future income like that.

If Fedor used steroids he could've been still undefeated.

I remember n Arnold's encyclopedia of bodybuilding he advocates training twice a day. Twice a fucking day! And that is "just" lifting weights. Imagine doing sparring in the morning, conditioning drills, wrestling and ground training and all that other shit and lifting in the evening...
LOL,

6:30-9:30 Tai Chi, Yoga slow warm up, Old school Judo Kata, K boxing movement, footwork drills, striking, 3ml run, or 20ml bike every day.

12 noon BJJ class hr roll after.

Programming @ home 4 income.

6-8:30pm Judo class, hr Randuri/Shodan test practice after

....14 days, 1 off....

All natural, low carb, plates of veggies.

Some lifting, but light weights with lots of reps for conditioning without loosing flexibility.

Should have taken more time off 2 heal dammit!

Back 2 it(day off every 5th) as soon as I'm healed up!

Back