Why does the left hate the new Joker?

There's a black woman and even a fucking midget in the movie. How diverse do you want it to be?

As @HereticBD pointed out, the lead actor has to be a person of colour, a female or a member of the special alphabet for the critics to hail the movie as the most important movie ever made and if you criticize the film you are a (oppressed group)-phobe.

You are pushing the movie as a hat-tip to White male grievances while @TheGreatA says it is a lefty narrative and the TS says the left hates the movie and @Holic says the movie makes leftist protesters look bad. @TheGreatA strikes me as rightwing or center-right and the comments by the rest of you guys is pro rightwing, yet some of you are pitching this movie as pro left and some as pro right.

just to clarify i haven't actually watched the movie i'm just repeating youtube talking points for fun.

I like how this thread starts with an absurd blanket statement with no source or proof and then all the Trump lovers just jump right in agreeing with the false premise.

The very stupidest human beings on the planet have found their commune of hate thanks to the internet. I'm glad you can feel better about having common ground with other toxic people but looking for affirmation of your disgusting world view online is the same thing pedophiles do.

The “very stupidest” human beings in the planet are calling themselves progressives these days.

I lean left, I've been praising the trailer since I saw it a couple months ago and looking forward to seeing the movie.

Maybe some people are a little paranoid though after someone recently was inspired by the Joker and shot up a movie theater during a screening of Batman? I don't personally feel that way and I look forward to the movie, but I get why some people are a little trepidatious.
ruygk9eozf8ytqz8qs6o8tyhu-glqe02zbvbzobohgs.jpg

awzrqtpabdpfeqom6ltrpsra2jgkxcyold4unvhcxs.jpg

Somebody gave a movie a bad review!

Now I think universal healthcare is Soviet communism and the 1% should get more tax breaks.

The left are such sheep.

From what I've heard from people that have seen it;

The acting by Joaquin Phoenix is incredible but the plot itself was pretty ordinary/uninspired, but still worth watching.

Maybe some people are a little paranoid though after someone recently was inspired by the Joker and shot up a movie theater during a screening of Batman? I don't personally feel that way and I look forward to the movie, but I get why some people are a little trepidatious.
ruygk9eozf8ytqz8qs6o8tyhu-glqe02zbvbzobohgs.jpg

awzrqtpabdpfeqom6ltrpsra2jgkxcyold4unvhcxs.jpg

Yeah pretty hardcore left and I loved the movie. My favorite film in years.

We have a baller theater here with $3 tallboys I saw it at, hella diverse audience and everyone liked it.

People are just worried about mass shootings and copycats but that's dumb, it wasn't even as bad as everyone made it out to be, I expected the movie to be way more violent. Hell, Drive had more violence.

Maybe some people are a little paranoid though after someone recently was inspired by the Joker and shot up a movie theater during a screening of Batman?

Yet...there was no such fears with "Suicide Squad"...nor did anyone point to this "white fear" when a guy actually was inspired by The Joker. He was just a crazy guy who did a crazy thing.

All this fear(dog whistling) over this movie is 100% manufactured by the Liberal media. If the exact same movie was made starring Micheal Jai White, or some other "POC", it would have a 100% RT score and be hailed as a "step in the right direction" for comic book movies, and possibly praised for being a brilliant analogy of the black man's struggles in America.

Here, watch this -

Or this -

I watched that bottom review, but I don't get it. Why is he blaming "the left" for things like untreated mental illness, social isolation, and consumerism?

The left is generally in favor of better social services-- including mental health services. Social isolation is a product of technology and consumerism (among other things). Those are both values of capitalism, not "the left."

Please explain.

FWIW, I haven't seen the movie, but I've heard a lot about it. I hope to see it soon.

First, I think the fear about incel rampages is mostly PR false flags to generate buzz for the movie.
Second, I would reject that the movie isn't political. There are a lot of themes about class consciousness and wealth inequality.
Third, the Joker character since Heath Leger's portrayal has sort of morphed into a symbol of white male alienation, which is as present as ever in the Trump era.

From the friends that I know personally who have seen it they all say it seems like this era's version of this:

untreated mental illness, social isolation, and consumerism

Based on his other videos I've seen, I think he's referring to...

Untreated mental illness - Oh sure, you can change your gender anytime you like for any reason!

Social isolation - Feminism, which teaches women to hate men, and for men to hate themselves.

Consumerism - We judge a person on what they have, not who they are.

Untreated mental illness - Oh sure, you can change your gender anytime you like for any reason!
Ok. But that's like 0.0001% of all "mental illness." And not particularly associated with murder. Has there ever been a "gender confused or non-conforming" mass shooter?

Social isolation - Feminism, which teaches women to hate men, and for men to hate themselves.
I guess you could make an argument that some misguided forms of feminism might lead to low self-esteem in some males. But you really think that contributes to social isolation more than the fact that we are all staring at screens 24/7?

Consumerism - We judge a person on what they have, not who they are.
This is 100% not a value of "the left" any more than it is a value of the right. I would argue less so since the right is the side always giving big business everything it wants.

Ok. But that's like 0.0001% of all "mental illness." And not particularly associated with murder. Has there ever been a "gender confused or non-conforming" mass shooter?

Actually yes. There was a tranny school shooter not too long ago.

Last edited:
Yet...there was no such fears with "Suicide Squad"...nor did anyone point to this "white fear" when a guy actually was inspired by The Joker. He was just a crazy guy who did a crazy thing.

All this fear(dog whistling) over this movie is 100% manufactured by the Liberal media. If the exact same movie was made starring Micheal Jai White, or some other "POC", it would have a 100% RT score and be hailed as a "step in the right direction" for comic book movies, and possibly praised for being a brilliant analogy of the black man's struggles in America.
Well the tone is pretty different. Suicide Squad was practically fantasy, the Joker trailer seemed to be set in a realistic world and show a more realistic rise to violence compared to a crocodile man fighting a magical witch.

Whether it's dog whistling or not, it's not effective. The movie is making a lot of money and getting a lot of praise in the user reviews. Acting like the left is universally against the movie and trying to tear it down is silly.

I was reading the reviews and I don't see where all this "the left hates it" is coming from. A lot of the reviews just point to a pointless story and a franchise that has become too far removed from the message of the original.

I think why the audience enjoys it is that the audience that would go to see it know exactly what they're going to see. They are in two camps: One that will go see an Rambo film and those who just want a blood-bath movie.

So it makes sense. It's not a well-made film, and that's shown in the critic rating. It's a popcorn flick for adults and that's why the audience numbers look that way.

I was reading the reviews and I don't see where all this "the left hates it" is coming from. A lot of the reviews just point to a pointless story and a franchise that has become too far removed from the message of the original.

I think why the audience enjoys it is that the audience that would go to see it know exactly what they're going to see. They are in two camps: One that will go see an Rambo film and those who just want a blood-bath movie.

So it makes sense. It's not a well-made film, and that's shown in the critic rating. It's a popcorn flick for adults and that's why the audience numbers look that way.
That's a bummer, I was kind of looking forward to it with the opposite mindset. I was expecting it to be pretty psychological and the progression be where the narrative value came from. A popcorn flick blood bath doesn't interest me at all unless there's a giant monster that shoots plasma beams.

I saw the movie in one of the most liberal places in America and people were clapping at the end of it.

How about you stop getting triggered by a few losers on the internet and interpreting that as "the left" hates Joker.

Back