Why does the left hate the new Joker?

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Lando, Oct 9, 2019.

1. GearSolidMetal

GearSolidMetal I'm here to chew bubblegum and bang your mom. Platinum Member

If the media actually gave it the coverage it deserved, you probably would have remembered this one.

[​IMG]

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2019/05/one-colorado-school-shooters-transgender-boy/

As for the rest of your points, I'm probably misrepresenting exactly what he was referring to, and even if I knew exactly what he was referring to I'm not sure I'd 100% agree.

He's obviously of the opinion of all his perceived social devolutions of the last half century should be blamed on the left.

I'm sure if he went into more detail, he'd have a more convincing argument for most of it.

But, its not like we'd be living in an utopia otherwise.

uppercutbus and Kandyland like this.
  2. HereticBD

HereticBD Titanium Belt

3. MilesAbove

MilesAbove Gold Belt

Oh, sorry. My bad. I got distracted and started talking about Rambo, LOL

Joker was fine. I thought it was goodish but had problems. And most of what I've read from critics is about the problems with the movie itself (I don't wanna spoil). There's, of course, people getting clicks by taking sides. But overall the consensus is that it's a well-done movie that has its flaws.

Rambo was very-bad to awful. LOL

This has to be one of the funnier try-hard boo-hoo posts I've seen in a while.

Wet Blanket and Slick_36 like this.
  4. MilesAbove

MilesAbove Gold Belt

double-post of dooooooom

5. ToxicShocker

ToxicShocker Red Belt

Ok I just watched it. Ill give it 5 or 6/10. Its kind of pointless and lacking, in something I can't articulate.

First I don't like the guy, he's the creepy brooding schizo who you think could snap at any point. He's not a good anti-hero if his mental illness is his own nemesis. I don't buy that anyone screwed him over.
    They didn't really build a good societal backdrop of right and wrong, something for him to be fighting against.
    Everyone else out there is rioting and wearing masks, why?
    The joker built a league of hoods, or supporters, and this movie doesn't show how. Beginning to end, he's still a lone wolf.
    I didn't understand his moms backstory
    The movie doesn't create a foundation of some mythical power, even if its human level, for him to work with. He's just a crazy guy with a revolver. Given its still a comic book character, I can't help to compare it to the Cristopher Nolan Batman movies which were amazing.
    Its a hard break from the usual comic book movie, and an interesting presentation, but it wasn't special to me. Whoever said it was a retake of taxi driver nailed it. Its film noir like sin city but without the flair.

P.s. I'm not a big comic book movie fan, with the exception of the Batman franchise which reached its peak under Nolan.

6. ToxicShocker

ToxicShocker Red Belt

They tend to dribble more

7. Slick_36

Slick_36 Bad Man from Borger, Texas

Oh, that's a relief! The Dark Knight was praised by everyone for its realism but was an absolute clusterfuck of a plot to me, so I'm a little nervous that Joker might go down a similar path. I'm going to watch it at some point either way, too much potential based on what I saw.

Lando likes this.
  8. Slick_36

Slick_36 Bad Man from Borger, Texas

What? I'm just having a conversation with someone on a forum. Am I not allowed to do that now? Please tell me what I can and can't say.

9. HereticBD

HereticBD Titanium Belt

No problem. Tag me when you have a thought, so I can approve it.

10. nicapica

nicapica Green Belt

The toxic circle jerk is something else lol. I live in the Bay Area all my “liberal” friends love the movie.

11. ultramanhyata

ultramanhyata Gold Belt

That's just a theory. Whereas we know in lived reality that there is an unhinged clown the right will follow in undying, blind obedience.

[​IMG]

12. nicapica

nicapica Green Belt

Y’all weirdos need to get off the internet

DM1982 and ToxicShocker like this.
  13. MilesAbove

MilesAbove Gold Belt

Joker, for me, was pretty much just about Joachim being awesome. But he usually is. The problems I had with the plot can be summed up with "the movie didn't follow it's own rules... or did not set up the rules well enough for the 'payoffs' to hit with satisfaction." But that's just me, and I can see why some people really liked it.

People who are bemoaning the "It's about white males in pain so the Left hates it" are absolute bonkers and selling shite. the movie has its qualities, but it also has some pretty big flaws if you're a movie buff in any form/fashion. Doesn't mean you can't enjoy it or even love it.

I love 'Only God Forgives' and people shit on that movie all the time.... but at least I can admit to its flaws. It is just that the things it does well... do it for me.

AgonyandIrony likes this.
  14. ToxicShocker

ToxicShocker Red Belt

Only God Forgives was also a beautiful filmed movie. It was worth watching for the cinematography alone

15. Kandyland

Kandyland Orange Belt

It was removed because it wasn't realistic. Liberals are pussies and are afraid of guns. The only thing they would hunt conservatives with is with pussy hats.

Lando and uppercutbus like this.
  16. grimballer

grimballer Silver Belt

Maybe that’s the problem?

today everything is politicized n if it doesn’t appear to have a clear sjw/left message, then it can only mean its promoting fascism n white supremacy.

uppercutbus likes this.
  17. Kudo

Kudo Orange Belt

@MilesAbove Then why does the left hate it? All you have said is that they don't, which is clearly not true if you have been following the media.

uppercutbus likes this.
  18. kenetics

kenetics Red Belt

They don't want more crazy Caucasian males who are incels mass shooting everyone because they don't get attention.. / shrug

nicapica likes this.
  19. SRN

SRN SOCRATEEEES

Get off of Grindr and Sherdog and live a little!

[​IMG]

22k and DM1982 like this.
  20. MilesAbove

MilesAbove Gold Belt

I reject the premise, so you'll have to think of another tactic. You don't believe the mainstream media can be trusted, so you can't use them as your source.

22k and AgonyandIrony like this.