Why does the left hate the new Joker?

i felt like that when the fourth one came out and that was brutally entertaining so i have to give the newest one a chance.

SilverCheapAbyssiniancat-size_restricted.gif

just that first massacre by the soldiers had me like <TheWire1>

It's a true jewel especially because my expectations for it were essentially below zero. I remember seeing it a few years after release when I was back for the holidays and hanging out with my cousins, drinking and playing pool in the basement, basically fuckin' snowed in. They suggested it and I was thinking, "Man, this is going to be lame as fuck".

Nope. <45>

It's a true jewel especially because my expectations for it were essentially below zero.

I'm pretty sure that's how most felt. It couldn't be anything but a piece of shit, right? Wrong...so very wrong.

The only negative thing about that movie, was that it got my hopes up extremely high for "The Expendables", which essentially turned out as shitty as "Rambo 4" was supposed to be.

It's a true jewel especially because my expectations for it were essentially below zero. I remember seeing it a few years after release when I was back for the holidays and hanging out with my cousins, drinking and playing pool in the basement, basically fuckin' snowed in. They suggested it and I was thinking, "Man, this is going to be lame as fuck".

Nope. <45>
basically the same for me, saw it well after release and was like <{dayum}>

"fuckin' 'ell!" pretty much covers my review at the time

This makes no sense bro lol. All of the str8 white males talk in this thread is making me feel hella excluded though. Ooh, someone don't like you, giving you a little hard timey? Tell them :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s to go fuck themselves. And that's it. This place spends a whole lot of time stressing over horseshit "social issues" when we ought to be discussing geopolitics, heavy industry and capital goods. I don't get it, but whatever.

Anyway, Rambo (2008) is probably one of my all-time favorite pure action flicks, on account of not just the character but unapologetic cartoonish level of gore and brutality. I just don't keep up with any flicks or television shows at all, I may catch them years afterwards.
This place spends a whole lot of time stressing over horseshit "social issues" when we ought to be discussing geopolitics, heavy industry and capital goods
Lol I love a good social discussion tbh, emphasis on the good though. Btw, some of your righties around here need to fucking understand once and for all that leftism is mainstream and we are the counterculture. Stop crying, get used to it, t's part of life. It won't last forever.

PS: I've only partially watched First Blood, I don't know why but I never had the patience for Rambo movies. Rocky and Cobra on the other hand... countless times :cool:

Lol I love a good social discussion tbh, emphasis on the good though. Btw, some of your righties around here need to fucking understand once and for all that leftism is mainstream and we are the counterculture. Stop crying, get used to it, t's part of life. It won't last forever.

PS: I've only partially watched First Blood, I don't know why but I never had the patience for Rambo movies. Rocky and Cobra on the other hand... countless times :cool:

Yeah, I've always been far more of an Arnie fan since childhood and his best flicks eclipse Sly's pretty easily, he even speaks better English. The former is least partially down to having superior filmmakers (Milius, Cameron, McTiernan, Verhoeven) running the show though.

This was a pretty bad film, but nice entertainment.

the 'new' left is just a shit stain of a larger movement that is dead or dying from largesse.
too fat to think anymore

HellBoy 1 and 2 were good movies. So too the Nolan Batman movies, especially 1 and 2.

I liked the HellBoy movies. The first of Nolan's Batman trilogy was decent. The 2nd and 3rd movies were awful with the exception of Ledger's Joker.

Lol I love a good social discussion tbh, emphasis on the good though. Btw, some of your righties around here need to fucking understand once and for all that leftism is mainstream and we are the counterculture. Stop crying, get used to it, it's part of life. It won't last forever.

https://www.academia.edu/941246/Gri...nd_Affective_Economies_of_Online_Queer_Desire

There is a strict racial hierarchy where white men are at the top. Whiteness becomes a privileged form desiring capital, enabling bodies that 'pass' as 'white', while marking out bodies which do not. Racial 'others' become produced in this economy of desire as fetishes or repugnant objects. Whiteness becomes the standard by which desirability is measured.

A conventionally masculine appearance is prized. Preferences for masculinity shame those whose bodies are “soft,” “curvaceous,” or “fat” — qualities associated with femininity — and position femininity as shameful and undesirable. Body shaming and policing, therefore, support the invalidation of femininity as a legitimate way of occupying the world.

<36>

It's So Good Being KING.

Nope. <45>

I saw it in theaters and removed a single moms hands from my pants so I could concentrate. Vengeance gave me a bigger boner than a certified nurse assistant ever could.

Also... This ruined the movie for me.

At least one Antifa member in Joker makeup after the Minnesota Trump rally.

Lol.

I liked the HellBoy movies. The first of Nolan's Batman trilogy was decent. The 2nd and 3rd movies were awful with the exception of Ledger's Joker.

I think the first two are great, and the third movie, Dark Knight Rises, was insanely stupid. If you use Bane, you don't have him be a yoked manlet who sounds like some PT Barnum-esque carnival barker. The dichotomy between a weakling who is made obscenely strong and fast due to drugs is a pretty cool one, but nope!! Yoked mercenary. He grew in darkness!!!! OOOOOH! And he killed Littlefinger at the beginning as well!!!

You are pushing the movie as a hat-tip to White male grievances while @TheGreatA says it is a lefty narrative and the TS says the left hates the movie and @Holic says the movie makes leftist protesters look bad. @TheGreatA strikes me as rightwing or center-right and the comments by the rest of you guys is pro right-wing, yet some of you are pitching this movie as pro left and some as pro right.

He is, but he's not particularly emotional and is able to articulate virtually every opinion and position he holds. Anyway, this flick mostly comes off like platform and vehicle for J-Phoenix to do his thing. There aren't many contemporary actors so legitimately talented and on such a tier where that itself is the biggest draw. "The Master" (2012) was bonkers, he's the real fucking deal.

Disgusting.

It's not like the Oscars have been legit since Al Pacino was robbed (The Godfather: Part II) in favor of Art Carney for motherfucking "Harry and Tonto" in 1975 anyway though. DDL's Daniel Plainview was probably the best performance since that, but there's no way in hell he deserved it over Phoenix for the shoe-in Abraham Lincoln role.

https://www.academia.edu/941246/Gri...nd_Affective_Economies_of_Online_Queer_Desire

There is a strict racial hierarchy where white men are at the top. Whiteness becomes a privileged form desiring capital, enabling bodies that 'pass' as 'white', while marking out bodies which do not. Racial 'others' become produced in this economy of desire as fetishes or repugnant objects. Whiteness becomes the standard by which desirability is measured.

A conventionally masculine appearance is prized. Preferences for masculinity shame those whose bodies are “soft,” “curvaceous,” or “fat” — qualities associated with femininity — and position femininity as shameful and undesirable. Body shaming and policing, therefore, support the invalidation of femininity as a legitimate way of occupying the world.

<36>

It's So Good Being KING.

Did that just say that being fat is how to be feminine?

Disgusting.

It's not like the Oscars have been legit since Al Pacino was robbed (The Godfather: Part II) in favor of Art Carney for motherfucking "Harry and Tonto" in 1975 anyway though. DDL's Daniel Plainview was probably the best performance since that, but there's no way in hell he deserved it over Phoenix for the shoe-in Abraham Lincoln role.

The Master is my favourite movie. What a brilliant film.

I think the first two are great, and the third movie, Dark Knight Rises, was insanely stupid. If you use Bane, you don't have him be a yoked manlet who sounds like some PT Barnum-esque carnival barker. The dichotomy between a weakling who is made obscenely strong and fast due to drugs is a pretty cool one, but nope!! Yoked mercenary. He grew in darkness!!!! OOOOOH! And he killed Littlefinger at the beginning as well!!!
He never was a weakling in the comics, even before the steroids...

The Master is my favourite movie. What a brilliant film.

1940s - Raw Deal
1950s - The Big Combo
1960s - 2001: A Space Odyssey
1970s - The Conformist
1980s - Blade Runner
1990s - Dark City
2000s - There Will Be Blood
2010s - The Master

Yeah, some weird ones but motherfuckers couldn't really act for shit until Marlon came through so those Noir obscurities are based purely on the cinematography. Namely, John Alton.

1368965063154475407.jpg

And yeah, PTA is a real one.

People bash Trump because of his lies , hypocrisy , conflict of interests and general douchebag behavior.

& this has been going on for 45+ years. documented information that is readily available for all the world to see.

the tactics he uses when facing adversity is all part of his age old ego driven repertoire. from business to politics, his response to incidents of old is not at all far from the way he responds to the incidents he faces today. "I always tell the truth, even when I lie".

Back