Why does everyone hate McGregor?

jealousy obviously bud do u really have to ask, a bunch of jealous salty mofos hating on a successful person cus there life is shit . is normal

When Conor showed up in the ufc and started building his profile the posters on this forum LOVED him. Now when I read any post about McGregor it seems like the majority of fans absolutely hate him, to the point of being blind of his skills and talent.

Serious question. Why?

Is it the recent inactivity? Is it the E Chapo personality and cockiness? Is it because he left your precious sport to go make more money boxing? Is it because he has never defended either of his titles? What is it?

This has happened with Jones, it happened to GSP, it kinda happened to Cormier, why do mma fans hate the best and most talented fighters? What is it about MMA fans?

I find it weird. I have been watching MMA since it’s inception in the early nineties and I can objectively say that Conor is one the best talents this sport has ever seen. He is a generational talent. In my opinion he has the best hands in MMA history. He fights are fun to watch.

Why the hate?
Coz you conor fans act like he is the greatest fighter of all time,all the time!conor is not even top 20 in my eye,after watching almost every ufc since 04..You conor fans,including conor are making this a freakshow(wwe) the sooner conor is gone,the better for the sport.Really hope khabib takes this manlet down and smashes him til he gets pulled of by the ref,and conor needs medical assistance!

When Conor showed up in the ufc and started building his profile the posters on this forum LOVED him. Now when I read any post about McGregor it seems like the majority of fans absolutely hate him, to the point of being blind of his skills and talent.

Serious question. Why?

Is it the recent inactivity? Is it the E Chapo personality and cockiness? Is it because he left your precious sport to go make more money boxing? Is it because he has never defended either of his titles? What is it?

This has happened with Jones, it happened to GSP, it kinda happened to Cormier, why do mma fans hate the best and most talented fighters? What is it about MMA fans?

I find it weird. I have been watching MMA since it’s inception in the early nineties and I can objectively say that Conor is one the best talents this sport has ever seen. He is a generational talent. In my opinion he has the best hands in MMA history. He fights are fun to watch.

Why the hate?

he is the clearest example of hype in history of ufc. by definition most people like hype, some dont.

because other then maybe one or two gatekeepers he hasn't fought any elite fighters yet people say he's one of the best talents this sport has ever seen.

hype means appealing superficially to the mainstream market to attract revenues, so a lot of people, most, are amped on conor.

Its nothing personal, it's not certainly not hate, but some people, a minority, don't like how the ufc markets itself for mass appeal. Eventually, everyone feels this way...

take his 'big' fight with khabib....who cares? the masses that buy into hype.sure. but who has khabib beat in mma?

some fans want to see a strong group of fighters compete for the belt...rather then entertain or be fluffed along. maybe because life isn't fair and the idea of two guys beating each other up seemed a way to cheat money. obviously it's not true guys didn't like gsp because although he beat many many top guys he fight conservative. nick diaz same fought top guys but no offense just counter or talk shit for opponent not walking into his fist. at least they fough top guys though.

clay guida waas cool, most fighers lame in my opinion you can hate on any figher pretty easily. no heart

calling everyone a bum and broke although he lived off other peoples money on social welfare is kinda ridiculous

I love seeing him fight though

The Mystic Mac shit
The IV to fight midgets
Not admitting his opportunism in accepting Win Win fights only.
Not defending
Not rematchching fluke punch Aldo or couch roll Chad
Getting rolled over by Nate and still getting a LW title shot

I don't hate him, I quite like him, but there's many reasons not to.

It's just part of being a special athlete, he's the most hated, but he's also the most loved.

Maybe some people only tune in to see the brash quotes and dolly incidents, but I think the people who have been paying attention to Conor from the start know that deep down he's a good guy, most of this stuff is a game to him, apart from the fights that is.

I just dont like his Tiger Tattoo, the Gorilla was good, but to get a tiger on Top of that... doesn't look good.

People hate on greatness. It’s the same reason people in boxing hate Tyson Fury because he is the greatest boxer of our generation.

Conor will hurt Khabib very badly when they fight. Khabib will regret putting his hands on Conors right hand man Lobov.

Not even Allah will save Khabib from this beating.

“When I swing that left hand, the human skull can not take it” - Conor “the pound for pound greatest mixed martial artist to ever walk the face of the earth” Mcgregor
We hate him cause he brings idiots like this to the sport.

People hate on greatness. It’s the same reason people in boxing hate Tyson Fury because he is the greatest boxer of our generation.

Conor will hurt Khabib very badly when they fight. Khabib will regret putting his hands on Conors right hand man Lobov.

“When I swing that left hand, the human skull can not take it” - Conor “the pound for pound greatest mixed martial artist to ever walk the face of the earth” Mcgregor
Tyson Fury LMAO

It happens in every sport, and I think in a lot of cases, it happens in reaction to band wagon fans.
What are the most hated teams in the NFL? Not the Browns. The most hated teams are those that are successful, particularly over the long haul. Part of the hate comes from a desire for a new narrative, part of it comes from a desire to shut up the people who only became fans, or only became vocal about their fandom, after the team found success. It's the same with fighters who sustain success.
This is all just my opinion, but I don't think I'm too far off base.

I think people just hate what he’s helped turned mma into. It’s all about money fights and champ champs now. I remember when dudes used to just fight each other!

The organization is to blame.
They allowed it to happen.

lol @ everyone

He has millions of followers, he can make millions of people watch him.

I dont think so, i never hated on Fedor or GSP. Been watching MMA since the 90's and the only people i ever disliked were Conor, Ronda and Hughes. Common theme, i dont like people full of shit.

Because he is a raging ego manic and a base asshole? I mean that's why I hate him......

Gsp and Jones fought everyone, regardless of bad style matchups and they fought contenders.

Conor got gifted fights and has only fought one wrestler. He jumped the line. He’s cocky and he isn’t well rounded. He thinks he can win every title. He even thinks he can beat jones.

Fight the best Conor. And stay humble.

Because from start he was acting like he was the best and people didn't believe him and now they are angry because they know that they was stupid not believing him but Conor cardio and wrestling still give them hope that in the end they will be smart one because they doubt him

<{cruzshake}>

He's not even the greatest boxer currently in his division.

He could have been but a long, drug related lay off (whether fair or not) and no rematch for the champ kinda pours water on that.

<{cruzshake}>

He's not even the greatest boxer currently in his division.

He could have been but a long, drug related lay off (whether fair or not) and no rematch for the champ kinda pours water on that.
You won’t be saying that when he beats Wilder and goes on to beat Joshua. Just you wait and see. The Gypsey king is back. Return of the mac 2018

Back