Why does everyone hate McGregor?

Won't defend a title, would rather shoot some gimmick fight. F him.

I'm familiar with how he fights. Pianeta had absolutely zero business being in there with him and still saw the final bell. He (and the BT commentators) tried to sell it as "getting some rounds in" but if that was true he would have turned it on in the 8th-10th and sent him home early, he couldn't.

He didn't look as sharp as he did before, he had a lot less snap, his footwork was slower and less fluid...He just didn't look like the fighter that beat Wlad and that's what he will need to take out Wilder and AJ.

His fight with Wilder should be a formality, it isn't, that should tell you how much shit has changed.
Fury generally is one to rise to the occassion and match his opponents. Maybe you’re right and he didn’t look as good as he did previously. Either way I’m sure he knows how tough Wilder will be so he may step his game up for this fight and if he does I think he can definitely beat Wilder

Want to bet against me ? Overall winner... not by round.

I have said time and time again. If Conor does win... it’s in 1-2 rounds.
I already made my bet and sent you my bet slip. I’m not sure what you mean by betting against you?

Fury generally is one to rise to the occassion and match his opponents. Maybe you’re right and he didn’t look as good as he did previously. Either way I’m sure he knows how tough Wilder will be so he may step his game up for this fight and if he does I think he can definitely beat Wilder

He could definitely beat him that goes without question. Even as deteriorated as it is his footwork and movement is still far better than the majority of the division and lightyears ahead of Wilder. Wilder always has that equaliser though.

If it goes the distance it will be a Fury landslide with maybe a couple 10-8s thrown in for Wilder when he inevitably lands.

As in I’ll take khabib for win... you take Conor. $50? $100?
I’ll pass. Like I said I already made my bet and showed you my bet slip. Not sure what you’re trying to prove here

Some of us don’t spend all our money on gambling

He could definitely beat him that goes without question. Even as deteriorated as it is his footwork and movement is still far better than the majority of the division and lightyears ahead of Wilder. Wilder always has that equaliser though.

If it goes the distance it will be a Fury landslide with maybe a couple 10-8s thrown in for Wilder when he inevitably lands.

I agree. If Fury wins it will be by decision and Wilder by knock out. Definitely could go either way

I’m trying to prove Conor fans are all talk and afraid to put their $ where their mouths are.

You making a Conor win by 1st is probably the only logical Conor bet.

Because that is the only way he’s winning.

I’ll pass. Like I said I already made my bet and showed you my bet slip. Not sure what you’re trying to prove here

Some of us don’t spend all our money on gambling

well he hasnt covered himself in glory since pre-aldo fight. His trash talking there was way over the top.

Conor refuses to defend the belt for 2 years. Turns MMA into a WWE circus. And that bus incident... well he clearly thinks he's beyond touching now and i cant wait to see him eat more humble pie.

Great, another Conor hyperbole thread. I'm so glad we have another apart from the three gazillion other ones on the first two pages.

Title defenses weren’t such a big deal until Conor came along, lulz.

Funny Conor is the one dude at 145 who could consistently make weight

What does that have to do with what I said? He cuts a ton of weight to fight smaller fighters. Why do you think he would not defend at LW but was down to fight Edgar just a few months ago. Let’s see how he does against an elite fighter that is not smaller than he is. This will be a first for Conor.

What does that have to do with what I said? He cuts a ton of weight to fight smaller fighters. Why do you think he would not defend at LW but was down to fight Edgar just a few months ago. Let’s see how he does against an elite fighter that is not smaller than he is. This will be a first for Conor.
Most guys Conor fought at FW are LWs or have been LWs. He's not bigger than them. Why aren't you crying about Frankie, Stephenson, MJ, Porier having been LWs?

People hate what they can not achieve. Its basic jealousy.

I mean Jones really brought it on himself. I agree with the DC and GSP hate, albeit I don't feel they really receive that much hate on here. You could add guys like MM, Cruz, Stipe, Tyron (although he brings some stuff onto himself too) as some other guys who are irrationally hated.

However, nobody compares to Conor, and there's only one legitimate reason...They're jealous of him. People hated Conor before he did most of the "Excuses" people give as to why they hate him, so it's clearly just envy.

Agree 100%. Tough to root for Jon Jones after the things he's done. Conor has also done a lot of really dumb shit though. The bus incident, the incident where he jumped into the ring to celebrate a teammate's win and then tried to fight the ref. Looked very fake and childish.

As a personal preference, I tend to root for humble champions: MM, GSP, Roger Federer, etc. I don't particularly care for the egos and things that come with someone like Conor. I am not naive enough to think that my mindset is the only option though.

I’m trying to prove Conor fans are all talk and afraid to put their $ where their mouths are.

You making a Conor win by 1st is probably the only logical Conor bet.

Because that is the only way he’s winning.
Well yah obviously? I’m not going to bet on Conor winning by 4th round submission am I? What is your point?

How can you say I didn’t put my money where my mouth is. You asked me to send my bet slip and I sent it to you. How about you send me your bet slip of you betting on khabib?

I got a 5-6 man parlay this weekend. It’s posted in the betting section.

I haven’t put money on the Conor fight yet. That’s why I was asking if any sherdoggers wanted to bet against me. If we have a reputable person hold escrow... I’ll take khabib if you want to bet. Lmk

Well yah obviously? I’m not going to bet on Conor winning by 4th round submission am I? What is your point?

How can you say I didn’t put my money where my mouth is. You asked me to send my bet slip and I sent it to you. How about you send me your bet slip of you betting on khabib?

I think the people that hate Conor is due to his brashness, his talk, his ability to pull all of the strings and get paid a lot more than other fighters. His abillity to win a belt, not defend, win another belt, not defend, go box a match for a shit ton of money, throw a dolly at a bus and get a slap on the wrist, then come back for an immediate title shot.

People should hate on the UFC for allowing all of this. Poeple have done less and got the boot, since Conor is a cash cow for the UFC the UFC allows it all to happen.

I personally do not care for the shit show, but it is fun watching him fight. He is good, there is no denying, and gets finishes and we all love finishes, or he gets finished which makes the haters happy.

Back