Why does everyone hate McGregor?

I don't hate him at all. His fans are annoying tho.

My only complaint is him fighting for the belt and then refusing to defend it. It's a legitimate reason.

Most guys Conor fought at FW are LWs or have been LWs. He's not bigger than them. Why aren't you crying about Frankie, Stephenson, MJ, Porier having been LWs?

I’m not crying, just stating the facts. Conor looks like a homeless crackhead making that cut. You guys are so funny it is like you are in a relationship with this guy. I did not say anything that was not true you just don’t like to hear anything but praise for the guy.

I’m not crying, just stating the facts. Conor looks like a homeless crackhead making that cut. You guys are so funny it is like you are in a relationship with this guy. I did not say anything that was not true you just don’t like to hear anything but praise for the guy.

He only looked bad in the Chad fight because he couldn't train. He looked fine for every other fight.

Completely inactive title reign and preferential treatment by Dana combined with a fucking annoying social media presence turned me from fan to hater

I was with you until you just gobbled some McNugget nuts in the last part. Who hated Conor for reasons before it occurred? What reasons?

Many people didn't like his attitude from the beginning. Many people were (big) fans of his until he ducked defending the belt not once...but twice. Many people don't like him because his fans are absolutely tied with Ronda's fans as the most delusional, insane and intolerable dickriders in the history of anything. FFS I just saw a thread where some dickhead is basically saying Conor has a "great possibility" of out-grappling Khabib. o_O

I, for one, didn't like him because he was always too damn cocky. Added to that was what I said about his fans. Then he came out and talked all kinds of shit about Nate Diaz (who I personally have never been a fan of), only to contradict everything he said because he got his ass whipped in the first fight and wanted to make excuses. I also don't like him because he has never defended a belt or even come close to defending a belt. This fight against Khabib is the closest he has gotten his entire career to defending a belt. He also brings all that poison he calls fans into MMA, like Ronda did. They literally have no idea what MMA is or much about it, but talk like they know everything and Conor is God of the UNIVERSE!

BUT...I still admit he has great striking and big power. He could knock almost anyone at FW or LW out if he lands his left clean, but he and his fans are just too fucking annoying. Not to mention that I believe people like Ronda and Conor are the worst thing to happen to MMA ever.

The fact that you feel the need to call his fans "nut gobblers" shows that you're entire argument is based off imagination and delusion. You have a deep-rooted hatred for Conor that is beyond just finding him "annoying". You know what I do to the many Sherdorks that stalk me and thus I find overbearingly annoying? I ignore them. Like a normal person.

The fact that you don't ignore Conor and his three fans on here, shows that you're actually just insecure and looking for a way to downgrade Conor and his fans to make yourself feel better. You can't fool me buddeh.

Agree 100%. Tough to root for Jon Jones after the things he's done. Conor has also done a lot of really dumb shit though. The bus incident, the incident where he jumped into the ring to celebrate a teammate's win and then tried to fight the ref. Looked very fake and childish.

As a personal preference, I tend to root for humble champions: MM, GSP, Roger Federer, etc. I don't particularly care for the egos and things that come with someone like Conor. I am not naive enough to think that my mindset is the only option though.

I don't care if they are humble or not. This is fighting, not a spelling bee. Conor throwing dolly's at people who assaulted his friend, and defending himself against refs assaulting him may be over the top, but it's not crossing a line.

Jon Jones is an actual criminal who uses a variety of drugs, including PEDs to cheat (among cheating in other ways). Worst of all though, he's a felon who hit a pregnant lady and ran off.

I think you answered your own question in the OP. He's a pretentious cocksucker who has had the easiest ride to Fame and fortune, not by his skills, but by his childish behavior. He tapped into the mainstream conscientious with their inner douchebag. Sorry but it sells. The world's a shit place and now people are waking up to this puppet that acts like he owns everything. He's fucking scum.

Two things can be true at the same time. He can be an annoying cocky shithead and still be one of the best mma fighters of all time. A lot of fans on here don’t like him so they do everything they can to minimize his skills and accomplishments.

I understand not liking him, I don’t understand minimizing his legacy as a fighter.

When Conor showed up in the ufc and started building his profile the posters on this forum LOVED him. Now when I read any post about McGregor it seems like the majority of fans absolutely hate him, to the point of being blind of his skills and talent.

Serious question. Why?

Is it the recent inactivity? Is it the E Chapo personality and cockiness? Is it because he left your precious sport to go make more money boxing? Is it because he has never defended either of his titles? What is it?

This has happened with Jones, it happened to GSP, it kinda happened to Cormier, why do mma fans hate the best and most talented fighters? What is it about MMA fans?

I find it weird. I have been watching MMA since it’s inception in the early nineties and I can objectively say that Conor is one the best talents this sport has ever seen. He is a generational talent. In my opinion he has the best hands in MMA history. He fights are fun to watch.

Why the hate?
He dont put himself at ANY risk.

He made his name like this and he will retire like this.
This why I don’t like him.

I don't care if they are humble or not. This is fighting, not a spelling bee. Conor throwing dolly's at people who assaulted his friend, and defending himself against refs assaulting him may be over the top, but it's not crossing a line.

Jon Jones is an actual criminal who uses a variety of drugs, including PEDs to cheat (among cheating in other ways). Worst of all though, he's a felon who hit a pregnant lady and ran off.

Agree, JJ shit is unacceptable. How do you define "assault" though. Did Khabib assault someone? if so, please send vid. Must not have seen it.

Back