Why does everyone hate McGregor?

Bert415

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
When Conor showed up in the ufc and started building his profile the posters on this forum LOVED him. Now when I read any post about McGregor it seems like the majority of fans absolutely hate him, to the point of being blind of his skills and talent.

Serious question. Why?

Is it the recent inactivity? Is it the E Chapo personality and cockiness? Is it because he left your precious sport to go make more money boxing? Is it because he has never defended either of his titles? What is it?

This has happened with Jones, it happened to GSP, it kinda happened to Cormier, why do mma fans hate the best and most talented fighters? What is it about MMA fans?

I find it weird. I have been watching MMA since it’s inception in the early nineties and I can objectively say that Conor is one the best talents this sport has ever seen. He is a generational talent. In my opinion he has the best hands in MMA history. He fights are fun to watch.

Why the hate?

People hate on greatness. It’s the same reason people in boxing hate Tyson Fury because he is the greatest boxer of our generation.

Conor will hurt Khabib very badly when they fight. Khabib will regret putting his hands on Conors right hand man Lobov.

Not even Allah will save Khabib from this beating.

“When I swing that left hand, the human skull can not take it” - Conor “the pound for pound greatest mixed martial artist to ever walk the face of the earth” Mcgregor

all of the above

When Conor showed up in the ufc and started building his profile the posters on this forum LOVED him. Now when I read any post about McGregor it seems like the majority of fans absolutely hate him, to the point of being blind of his skills and talent.

Serious question. Why?

Is it the recent inactivity? Is it the E Chapo personality and cockiness? Is it because he left your precious sport to go make more money boxing? Is it because he has never defended either of his titles? What is it?

This has happened with Jones, it happened to GSP, it kinda happened to Cormier, why do mma fans hate the best and most talented fighters? What is it about MMA fans?

I find it weird. I have been watching MMA since it’s inception in the early nineties and I can objectively say that Conor is one the best talents this sport has ever seen. He is a generational talent. In my opinion he has the best hands in MMA history. He fights are fun to watch.

Why the hate?

I mean Jones really brought it on himself. I agree with the DC and GSP hate, albeit I don't feel they really receive that much hate on here. You could add guys like MM, Cruz, Stipe, Tyron (although he brings some stuff onto himself too) as some other guys who are irrationally hated.

However, nobody compares to Conor, and there's only one legitimate reason...They're jealous of him. People hated Conor before he did most of the "Excuses" people give as to why they hate him, so it's clearly just envy.

The most popular person in any field usually just has both the loudest fans and loudest detractors.

Conor is a great fighter and has had an extremely entertaining career. I like him a lot, he’s one of my top 10 favourites ever.

But I can’t pretend he isn’t polarising.

I think people just hate what he’s helped turned mma into. It’s all about money fights and champ champs now. I remember when dudes used to just fight each other!

Khabib is the favorite in this fight because most people think he's going to destroy Conor.

That's not hate he's just a terrible matchup for him.

I sincerely hope Conor remains part of the sport for a long time because his fights are exciting af.

Because he’s one of the greats. Just look at how people treat GSP, Jones, etc

It's like when Metallica made their first music video and fans spat on them, everyone likes to think they have their own underground favorite fighter, as soon as they're mainstream and randomers talk about them the snobbiness kicks in.

Serious question. Why?

Why the hate?
I don't hate Conor one bit. I like him. He's a hard working and talented martial artist.
If K1 was still around making big money, Conor would be wrecking fools left right and centre.
His fan base are a bunch of morons though, which is unfortunate.
Then again, I actually like his fan base a bit more than the Khabib fan base. Now, they are a bunch of fucking imbeciles.

Dont misinterpret "everybody" as a few Shertwits that crawl out from their mothers dark damp basement to hate on greatness.

No hate. People just recognize he's not on the same level as Khabib and Ferguson. Even Kevin Lee can beat me (see short notice short Mendes vs McGregor)

Khabib is the favorite in this fight because most people think he's going to destroy Conor.

That's not hate he's just a terrible matchup for him.

I sincerely hope Conor remains part of the sport for a long time because his fights are exciting af.
You really need get Kalabeeb scrotum out of your mouth.

No hate. People just recognize he's not on the same level as Khabib and Ferguson. Even Kevin Lee can beat me (see short notice short Mendes vs McGregor)

Do you really believe that Conor is still on same level where he was against Mendes?

I dislike his fake persona, but I'm not into reading gossip columns so it's easy to ignore

I find it annoying that he could quite easily be one of the greatest fighters this sport has ever seen, but he just isn't willing to commit.

The greatest people in any sport are willing to go that extra mile to prove they are the greatest, and they'll keep proving it until time catches them up.

Conor doesn't have that drive, he's about money and likes to make as much noise about how much money he has as possible. It's ugly, it's something I will always despise in people

That said, good for him, he's done what he wanted, got the fame and the money, good for him. Can't ever take that away from him

Back