Why does everyone hate McGregor?

I remember when dudes used to just fight each other!
Yeah I remember that. It was about 1995 and none of the fighters got paid really except the winners. Once the sport became more professional this was inevitable. And whilst I look back on the early days with a degree of dewey-eyed nostalgia, MMA became a lot better when more money entered the picture.

When Conor showed up in the ufc and started building his profile the posters on this forum LOVED him. Now when I read any post about McGregor it seems like the majority of fans absolutely hate him, to the point of being blind of his skills and talent.

Serious question. Why?

Is it the recent inactivity? Is it the E Chapo personality and cockiness? Is it because he left your precious sport to go make more money boxing? Is it because he has never defended either of his titles? What is it?

This has happened with Jones, it happened to GSP, it kinda happened to Cormier, why do mma fans hate the best and most talented fighters? What is it about MMA fans?

I find it weird. I have been watching MMA since it’s inception in the early nineties and I can objectively say that Conor is one the best talents this sport has ever seen. He is a generational talent. In my opinion he has the best hands in MMA history. He fights are fun to watch.

Why the hate?
I "hate" him . Why ? You ever not like someone IRL ? You just dont like them . I might change my mind , but right now - dont like him . He acts like Ronda . Edit + . Its good to have a "bad" guy to hate , really gets things hoppin . Look at Trump .

When Conor showed up in the ufc and started building his profile the posters on this forum LOVED him. Now when I read any post about McGregor it seems like the majority of fans absolutely hate him, to the point of being blind of his skills and talent.

Serious question. Why?

Is it the recent inactivity? Is it the E Chapo personality and cockiness? Is it because he left your precious sport to go make more money boxing? Is it because he has never defended either of his titles? What is it?

This has happened with Jones, it happened to GSP, it kinda happened to Cormier, why do mma fans hate the best and most talented fighters? What is it about MMA fans?

I find it weird. I have been watching MMA since it’s inception in the early nineties and I can objectively say that Conor is one the best talents this sport has ever seen. He is a generational talent. In my opinion he has the best hands in MMA history. He fights are fun to watch.

Why the hate?

Simply put its because of his annoying, deluded, dick riding fans.

I mean Jones really brought it on himself. I agree with the DC and GSP hate, albeit I don't feel they really receive that much hate on here. You could add guys like MM, Cruz, Stipe, Tyron (although he brings some stuff onto himself too) as some other guys who are irrationally hated.

However, nobody compares to Conor, and there's only one legitimate reason...They're jealous of him. People hated Conor before he did most of the "Excuses" people give as to why they hate him, so it's clearly just envy.

I was with you until you just gobbled some McNugget nuts in the last part. Who hated Conor for reasons before it occurred? What reasons?

Many people didn't like his attitude from the beginning. Many people were (big) fans of his until he ducked defending the belt not once...but twice. Many people don't like him because his fans are absolutely tied with Ronda's fans as the most delusional, insane and intolerable dickriders in the history of anything. FFS I just saw a thread where some dickhead is basically saying Conor has a "great possibility" of out-grappling Khabib. o_O

I, for one, didn't like him because he was always too damn cocky. Added to that was what I said about his fans. Then he came out and talked all kinds of shit about Nate Diaz (who I personally have never been a fan of), only to contradict everything he said because he got his ass whipped in the first fight and wanted to make excuses. I also don't like him because he has never defended a belt or even come close to defending a belt. This fight against Khabib is the closest he has gotten his entire career to defending a belt. He also brings all that poison he calls fans into MMA, like Ronda did. They literally have no idea what MMA is or much about it, but talk like they know everything and Conor is God of the UNIVERSE!

BUT...I still admit he has great striking and big power. He could knock almost anyone at FW or LW out if he lands his left clean, but he and his fans are just too fucking annoying. Not to mention that I believe people like Ronda and Conor are the worst thing to happen to MMA ever.

Last edited:

Serious question. Why?

Why the hate?
I think you answered your own question in the OP. He's a pretentious cocksucker who has had the easiest ride to Fame and fortune, not by his skills, but by his childish behavior. He tapped into the mainstream conscientious with their inner douchebag. Sorry but it sells. The world's a shit place and now people are waking up to this puppet that acts like he owns everything. He's fucking scum.

You're just thin skinned ts. He has plenty of cum gobblers on here. I'm personally a fan, but still call him out on all his bullshit, and will continue to do so for all fighters.

Last edited:
I mean Jones really brought it on himself. I agree with the DC and GSP hate, albeit I don't feel they really receive that much hate on here. You could add guys like MM, Cruz, Stipe, Tyron (although he brings some stuff onto himself too) as some other guys who are irrationally hated.

However, nobody compares to Conor, and there's only one legitimate reason...They're jealous of him. People hated Conor before he did most of the "Excuses" people give as to why they hate him, so it's clearly just envy.
You wish you were Dee. Give it a rest hugger. Everyone knows you won't acknowledge a single fault in your god and pimp. Just shut the fuck up already.

"everyone"..."hate". Fucking hyperbole.

for me its the hypocrisy and favourtism he gets. I fully understand why he gets it but it brings alot of warranted hate

People hate on greatness. It’s the same reason people in boxing hate Tyson Fury because he is the greatest boxer of our generation.

Conor will hurt Khabib very badly when they fight. Khabib will regret putting his hands on Conors right hand man Lobov.

Not even Allah will save Khabib from this beating.

“When I swing that left hand, the human skull can not take it” - Conor “the pound for pound greatest mixed martial artist to ever walk the face of the earth” Mcgregor

Because he’s one of the greats. Just look at how people treat GSP, Jones, etc

This shit, right here, does not help your cause.....At all.

I hate ufc being a crap org letting him ruin a bit more the sport

I don't hate him who did the right moves for his own interest

There is nothing to like about Conor

I’m hoping he loses then retires

He’s an awful person

He's a great fighter. No interest in the bullshit though.

People that hate conor are similar to those who hate movie characters. They cannot differentiate reality and charades.

Back