Why Do So Many of You Still Believe in Conor?

Screen-Shot-2016-10-10-at-20.38.17.png

Poirier got way better since then, even Michael Johnson knocked out that Poirier.

His 155 resume is way better than Conor's;
-Poirier KOed Alvarez, Gaethje, Pettis.
-Conor only KOed Alvarez.

Poirier's cardio is tested and was very good against Dan Hooker and Holloway at 155.

If Poirier is fully focused and prepared himself to survive the first two rounds with a good game plan and then tire Conor out, then I can see him winning. Poirier's cardio is very good, his boxing IQ is better than Nate's, his BJJ not bad on the ground, and his chin got better now.

But if he is not mentally ready, we can always see another Cowboy v Conor 2.

You know why he survived and his cardio kept up vs Hooker? For the reason that Hookers cardio gave out after round 3. Poirier has got better but so has Conor. Resume means nothing in this case, it's the style match up. Conor is a bad match up for Dustin and will knock him out again, likely in round 1.

I do not favor Conor, personally it’s what have you done lately bias, while Conrad’s been inactive for years with the exception of handily beating a washed Cerrone, Dustin has been very active. Realistically McGregors last great performance was in Nov 2016 long before he became fuck you rich... The last few fights he has been mentioned in or seeking out (Sanchez and Edgar ) doesn’t really suggest that he’s 100% committed to the fight game and he was looking for jobbers to squash.

Simultaneously Dustin has been in the gym, hungry and improving... during Conor’s idle time Poirier has beaten top 10’s Hooker, Pettis, and top 5’s Gaethje, Alvarez IIRC, point being the 2020 version of Poirier is a far cry from the 24 year old kid Conrad bullied and beat before they ever stepped into the Octagon. There’s absolutely no question about it, Poirier is the more proven and battle tested @155, recency bias is why I’m favoring Poirier.

We really haven’t learned anything new in the past few years in regards to Canner because he hasn’t fought once @155, this suggests that he’s either too lazy to make the cut or the cut now will have a negative impact on his performance. Either one of these items suggests that he either isn’t fully committed, or he has grave concerns that he will gas hard from the tough cut....
<Fedor23>

I’m favoring Poirier for the above stated reasons, but... I absolutely wouldn’t be surprised if Conor came out and put a masterclass beating on Dustin, because he was that good at one time, also because he seems to thrive when there’s vocal doubters. Who really knows, it’s MMA and a great matchup between two Excellent fighters during their Prime in the most staked Division, I’m guessing we will all be thoroughly entertained

He's had one good win in the last four years, and you're acting like he's going to annihilate Poirier who has been beating killers and training his ass off all this time. All Conor has done in that time is snort cocaine, get drunk, and commit infidelity on his hot fat 35 year old wife.

Because people like you like to forget that Conor is actually a world class fighter.

yeah and i'm going to keep forgetting until he reminds me, which will NEVER happen.

Then you're just a hater man. Dude is a double champ and has beaten some great fighters. He'll never be as dominant or well rounded as Khabib or Poirier, but the guy time and time again has proved himself on the biggest stages.

He's had one good win in the last four years, and you're acting like he's going to annihilate Poirier who has been beating killers and training his ass off all this time. All Conor has done in that time is snort cocaine, get drunk, and commit infidelity on his hot fat 35 year old wife.
He'll show you Jan 23. You don't have to like him to know that he's good

Then you're just a hater man. Dude is a double champ and has beaten some great fighters. He'll never be as dominant or well rounded as Khabib or Poirier, but the guy time and time again has proved himself on the biggest stages.
haters are often times correct tho

hes a beautiful man and has a wonderful vision for the future so we follow him

Thats why the Conman wanted to fucking fight Diego Sanchez at WW?? Dude is too scared to fight at LW unless it is for the belt because Conor knows he can't hang with the big boys at LW. Conor needed the IV to beat up manlets at FW. I predicted Conor would fall off a cliff many years ago and it has been come true. Dude is a product of the UFC hype machine, ala Ronda.
You do realize that he has a fight at lw that’s not for the belt in January, right?

Dustin took a lot of damage against Dan Hooker, Conor will be more fresh imo

Personal feelings aside, conor is still a fantastic fighter until evidence says otherwise

He is the favourite to beat Dustin and I would certainly back him to Do that as I think he has the style to beat Dustin early

Conor is a riduclous fast starter and Dustin is there to be hit

I have said if Dustins chin holds up, he will have a shot, as he is vert good hands himself and plenty of heart

I just think mcgregor is too accurate, too slick

I am definitely excited about this fight, as we all know it won't fucking be boring with these two

Somebody is getting knocked out, this won't go 5 rounds

My money is on conor, but hey I thought AJ would smoke Ruiz first time out and I thought silva would beat weidman

Nothing is certain in fighting

Because the Cowboy performance was more impressive then Conor haters want to admit

I like Dustin and generally dislike Conor, but it's not that hard.

1. Styles make fights, and
2. Conor, despite periodic wildness is unlikely to be past the point of no return in terms of destroying his potential.

I don't see any reason why he can't get to 95 percent of his peak with a good, solid, dedicated camp.

The last time we saw him, he did exactly what he needed to do in the cage, albeit in a relatively easy scenario.

Because it's still real to them dammit. He gets to pick the easiest fight available, and usually wins because of it.

Back