why do people act like the first match between JDS and Cain V never happened

It might go an extra round this time But, JDS still wins by KO in my opinion.

In the sense they got knocked out by JDS? Yes. The guy knocks out everyone who isn't iron-chinned, so how can the fight have been an anomaly? You can speculate what would have happened if Cain had followed a completely different gameplan, but then again you can speculate that for any fight. Maybe Palhares beats Lombard if he does something different. Maybe Mitrione beats Nelson if he does something different. Point is there's no doubt here that doesn't exist with any other finish.

Well I guess we'll just wait and see how fight number 2 goes.

If Cain get's KO'd again without mounting any kind of attack....then I'm sure he'll have a long road back to a third fight.

Last edited:
we know now that both guys were injured going into the fight. If both guys are truly 100% could be completely different.

I personally see JDS winning again, but I think will go differently and end in the 3rd.

By no means do I think it would ever be an easy fight. However, the first fight was determined by literally one punch which is very uncommon when talking about the two best fighters in a division. Chances are the fight will be much more competitive this time around.

Because the first fight did not answer anything. We still don't know who is better between the two.

Well it at least answered some questions. JDS is able to KO Cain very early in a fight, even if the punch doesn't land flush. Given that JDS actually did this, we should lean toward the side of him being the better fighter until Cain proves otherwise.

I agree, however, that Cain can be very competitive against JDS.

Everyone can get caught and KOed.

But does it automatically mean the better fighter won? Not necessarily.

That's why I want to see JDS vs Cain so we can put those doubts to rest.

That's all I'm saying.

True enough. Lots of rematches go to the guy who lost the original fight.

When you see a completely uncharacteristic fight for both of them, some want to see if the result is repeatable.

JDS has never won a fight that easily and Cain has never been beaten as easily. That suggests anomaly. That Cain may not have been fully back or JDS caught him perfectly.

JDS beat werdum that easily and I think Yvel as well.

Of course it happened but i am taking Cain in this one. Cain is hungry and angry over his performance. I think JDS has gotten very full of himself lately and will take this fight lightly. It is hard to take someone 100% serious when you won so easy last time..

I'd agree if it i wasn't for the fact that JDS grew up poor and in the ghetto. People like that are almost always driven.

why do people act like the first fight guarantees the outcome of a rematch?

forrest/shogun

page/wand (3)

brock/mir

werdum/reem

gsp/hughes

machida/shogun

anderson/chael

shall i continue or do you get the point now?

why do people act like the first fight guarantees the outcome of a rematch?

forrest/shogun

page/wand (3)

brock/mir

werdum/reem

gsp/hughes

machida/shogun

anderson/chael

shall i continue or do you get the point now?

Anderson chael?

What are some other examples of a HW MMA fight between a champion and a number 1 contender ending in 1 punch?

Off the top of my head, Lesnar vs. Couture, Arlovski vs Sylvia. Brock vs Cain was pretty much decided by one punch. Brock never recovered and got an extended beatdown. How about Big Nog vs. Cain? That finish didn't prove anything, should we have them rematch?

Really though, who has Cain beat to suggest he could beat Dos Santos? Big Nog, Silva? He has beaten some quality fighters but his sole top five fight he got ktfo.

Anderson chael?

people thought chael was going to wrestle fuck anderson easily because he managed to do so for 23 minutes the first time.

in fact he got starched, so yes anderson/chael.

Really though, who has Cain beat to suggest he could beat Dos Santos? Big Nog, Silva? He has beaten some quality fighters but his sole top five fight he got ktfo.

what a silly ass comment.

if cain hasnt beaten anyone quality than neither has jds, seeing as how cain is junior's best win and all.

Because the first fight did not answer anything. We still don't know who is better between the two.

JDS KOd Cain in a minute. He is better. I don't understand this obsession with dominating for 15 minutes to show who is better. JDS knocked Cain the F out in a minute. He is better.

people thought chael was going to wrestle fuck anderson easily because he managed to do so for 23 minutes the first time.

in fact he got starched, so yes anderson/chael.

Anderson was a sizeable favorite.

Back