why do people act like the first match between JDS and Cain V never happened

Everyone can get caught and KOed.

But does it automatically mean the better fighter won? Not necessarily.

That's why I want to see JDS vs Cain so we can put those doubts to rest.

That's all I'm saying.

the fight was over in a flash via one punch, we never really got to see them go back and forth. i think this fight will be a whole lot different, i've got cain via sweet revenge personally.

It depends on your viewpoint of the fight. It ended quick which means JDS can and will catch him with something anytime.
Now what we had expected from the first fight was a back and forth fight with. if cain keeps on clinching and takes JDS down to wear him out(which he should), there is a good chance cain can go away with the belt. Because no one has been albe to push the pace against JDS which Cain does best

Of course it happened but i am taking Cain in this one. Cain is hungry and angry over his performance. I think JDS has gotten very full of himself lately and will take this fight lightly. It is hard to take someone 100% serious when you won so easy last time..

However JDS only needs to hit Cain once and it's a k.o.

If this is what you're going to take from that fight, you're better off acting like it never happened.

There just simply wasn't all that much to take from that fight. I guess we know that Cain can't take JDS down AT WILL....but that doesn't mean he can't take him down PERIOD. And of course we know that JDS has the power to put Cain on queer street very quickly, but that doesn't mean he can or will do it again with such ease.

Nope, not everyone; not JDS.... at least not yet.
The guy who was more accurate won. So yes, the better fighter with the better accuracy and (most likely) the better chin won that night won. Does that mean that JDS is better than Velasquez now=??? We don't know.

That's all I'm saying.
Well if Velasquez beats JDS, people are gonna say the first fight was a fluke when it wasn't. Velasquez didn't move his head properly or block properly, and got knocked out for it. Whether that was due to little training due to injury rehab or any plethora of reasons remains to be seen.

And if Velasquez win, we'll need to complete the trilogy to prove who is truly "better."

I don't think anyone acts like the fight "never happened," it's just Cain is the clear #2 in the division, so I don't understand how you couldn't possibly think he has a chance.

sonnen was the clear #2 in the division fighting silva a second time, and I didn't think he really had a chance, and thats after silva almost losing the fight

When you see a completely uncharacteristic fight for both of them, some want to see if the result is repeatable.

JDS has never won a fight that easily and Cain has never been beaten as easily. That suggests anomaly. That Cain may not have been fully back or JDS caught him perfectly.

Yes he has.

Junior did to Cain what he's done to everyone else outside of Carwin and Nelson, he hit them and they fell, he just hit Cain quickly the first time around.

No need to call it a fluke, but it was over so fast we didn't really get to see Cain do anything at all.

Was that because JDS is THAT much better than he is? I think we need to see a second fight to find out.

Holy fucking shit.

It depends on your viewpoint of the fight. It ended quick which means JDS can and will catch him with something anytime.
Now what we had expected from the first fight was a back and forth fight with. if cain keeps on clinching and takes JDS down to wear him out(which he should), there is a good chance cain can go away with the belt. Because no one has been albe to push the pace against JDS which Cain does best

When has Cain ever really clinched a lot? Anyway, jds is very good at pushing away from clinches. I think Cain has to get a td from shooting or he isn't going to get it. And jds stance makes doublelegs almost impossible. Cain will be going for singles over and over I think.

When you see a completely uncharacteristic fight for both of them, some want to see if the result is repeatable.

JDS has never won a fight that easily and Cain has never been beaten as easily. That suggests anomaly. That Cain may not have been fully back or JDS caught him perfectly.

Well thought out post. I agree 100% with this.

I like both guys a lot but I've been a Cain fan longer than I was of JDS. I am rooting for Cain. Both are great representatives of their division in and out of the octagon.

That's all I'm saying.

Hey then we might as well see Geronimo Dos Santos, Struve, Gonzaga and Yvel get a rematch right? We need to put those doubts to rest because they got caught.

I don't think anyone actually thinks Velasquez will beat dos Santos easily. I think some fans just are just being enthusiastic. But we all know this fight won't be easy for either fighter.

Hey then we might as well see Geronimo Dos Santos, Struve, Gonzaga and Yvel get a rematch right? We need to put those doubts to rest because they got caught.

You are grouping Cain in with Geronimo Dos Santos, Struve, Gonzaga and Yvel?

You are grouping Cain in with Geronimo Dos Santos, Struve, Gonzaga and Yvel?

In the sense they got knocked out by JDS? Yes. The guy knocks out everyone who isn't iron-chinned, so how can the fight have been an anomaly? You can speculate what would have happened if Cain had followed a completely different gameplan, but then again you can speculate that for any fight. Maybe Palhares beats Lombard if he does something different. Maybe Mitrione beats Nelson if he does something different. Point is there's no doubt here that doesn't exist with any other finish.

very good point TS. i will admit i have made that mistake myself. i think its simply because outside of overeem, JDS, and Cain there is a big drop off with the rest of the UFC heavyweights. i mean for a while there i thought it should be a crime if JDS and Cain fought anyone but each other because there so scary heavyweights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back