why do people act like the first match between JDS and Cain V never happened

No need to call it a fluke, but it was over so fast we didn't really get to see Cain do anything at all.

Was that because JDS is THAT much better than he is? I think we need to see a second fight to find out.

I agree with this.

What i don't agree is people saying its a toss up,it isnt,JDS is the favorite, for so many reasons.

JDS can beat Cain with one punch. Cain can't.

That's the difference. Cain's only chances of winning are via wrestlef*cking for 5 rounds or getting a cut, but in those 5 rounds, JDS has a very good chance of connecting with one punch.

Cain's only went the distance once, and it was after molesting Kongo for 3 rounds. And using cuts has barely ever impacted his fights at all. Cain has smahed every opponent he's ever had except for Cigano. You make him sound like Fitch.

And you think Cain can't drop JDS with one punch if it lands? Wow. I swear, Sherdoggers sound like they think fighters are comic book characters or something.

You're right, the top 2 heavyweights in the world should never fight again because one of them already lost to the other.

Gonna bump this thread if Cain puts JDS on his back and pounds his face into hamburger.

People act like two wrestlers fought, and one flukishly knocked the other out.. Knocking heads off is what Junior does.. To say that fight didn't "prove" anything is absolutely ludicrous.. It proves Junior is really, really good at what he does & Cain is not very good at defending what Junior does.. Cain trained for the fight knowing Junior hits hard & has KO power but he still couldn't stop it.. Hell, barely made it a full minute.. Not to mention if you watch the fight Cain tries to get Junior down & can't.. JDS can stop what Cain does best, Cain can't stop Junior from lighting him up.. Cain will last longer this time, but the end result will yet again be Cain unconscious

Last edited:
Cain's only went the distance once, and it was after molesting Kongo for 3 rounds. And using cuts has barely ever impacted his fights at all. Cain has smahed every opponent he's ever had except for Cigano. You make him sound like Fitch.

And you think Cain can't drop JDS with one punch if it lands? Wow. I swear, Sherdoggers sound like they think fighters are comic book characters or something.

Has anyone dropped JDS?

Penn/Edgar wasn't similar at all. Most people think BJ won the first fight, and Edgar outclassed him in the rematch.
Edgar/Maynard was very different all three times. Maynard wins. Draw. Frankie KO's him.
Edgar/Benson was similar in that it was close, but Edgar gave a much better showing.
Silva/Sonnen pretty much couldn't have been more different.

Then look at Shogun/Machida. Chuck/Couture. Brock/Mir. Shogun/Forrest. The tides all turned completely in those fights.

This is where people are getting confused: I never once stated the outcomes were the same, or that all rematches end the same way, which shouldn't even need to be said... You guys are so quick to spout ''BUT ONE FIGHT ENDED IN KO AND THE OTHER WAS A DECISION HOW IS THAT THE SAME'' without thinking about how the actual fights played out. The Edgar/Maynard rematches were very similar. Maynard step-childing Frankie around the ring for a couple rounds, then epic comeback by Frankie. Lethargic Penn getting outpointed by Frankie both fights. Edgar/Bendo, both close fights. Silva getting lolwrassled by Sonnen until he remembers he lives in the Matrix and pulls out a single move that ends the fight. These fights all played out in a very similar fashion, the fact that they ended differently doesn't disprove that point.

I worry about you guys sometimes...

Because the first fight did not answer anything. We still don't know who is better between the two.

Yeah those that thought JDS was a nightmare matchup for Cain and didn't see how Cain could beat him were really scratching their heads and re-thinking themselves after the first fight... Superb TDD and amazing boxing is why Cain has very little chance to beat JDS ever.

They don't, JDS was a huge underdog in the first fight, now he's at least a slight favourite. War JDS.

I HAAAAATEEE how people act like Kongo is a can, when he nearly KOed a CHAMP

When you see a completely uncharacteristic fight for both of them, some want to see if the result is repeatable.

JDS has never won a fight that easily and Cain has never been beaten as easily. That suggests anomaly. That Cain may not have been fully back or JDS caught him perfectly.

Cain has never been beaten that easily cuz he has never been hit that hard. JDS' KO power > anyone in the division.
While at the same time Cain had troubles in the past, with so-so strikers like Kongo and even Brock Lesnar (yes). Although Lesnar's striking sucks, he still was able to find holes in Velasquez' game.
Cain will get exposed once again. My bett.

They dont?

Both guys are over hyped and neither seems really interesting, so I don't really care about this fight. But it should be better than the first one.

Cain's chin was already tested, and it failed the test with one quick, early punch. Then, Cain was unable to recover from said punch. You can bet that JDS is going to be looking to nail Cain again around the same spot for another early knockout.

It answered the question "how tough is Cain's chin," and we found out it is not tough at all. We also found got more confirmation that JDS has a lot of power.

i think cains chin is fine its just that jds has incredible power, when people got koed aftr crocop kicked them in the head you never heard people say "that guy had no chin"

same thing here

I can't believe people still think Cain hasn't improved since the Kongo fight.

Because the first fight did not answer anything. We still don't know who is better between the two.

Lol, only if you're a shertard. A first round ko answers who is the better fighter for any sane person.

i think cains chin is fine its just that jds has incredible power, when people got koed aftr crocop kicked them in the head you never heard people say "that guy had no chin"

same thing here

People have been questioning Cain's chin since the Kongo fight. Of course someone was going to say he has no chin after getting lamped by JDS. It's Sherscience..

Then you should re-read the op...

I still don't see anybody saying Cain hasn't improved. Feel free to point it out since I'm obviously blind.

Oh wait.. no need because nobody said it..

Cain is hitable by a striker. The OP was correct. Kongo showed that it was possible a few years ago, then JDS showed us that he can take an unwanted nap. There's nothing false about that statement.

I still don't see anybody saying Cain hasn't improved. Feel free to point it out since I'm obviously blind.

Oh wait.. no need because nobody said it..

Well then you're obviously retarded. Please stop quoting me.

Back