why do people act like the first match between JDS and Cain V never happened

bike698

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
When i read some threads i get the feeling cain is going to beat JDS easily.
However JDS only needs to hit Cain once and it's a k.o.
And nobody ever mentions the Kongo fight where Cain showd to be very hitable by a striker.

Any thoughts

I don't think anyone acts like the fight "never happened," it's just Cain is the clear #2 in the division, so I don't understand how you couldn't possibly think he has a chance.

I can't believe people think the second fight will go exactly like the first one.

Some people don't like JDS. Or they believe Cain was injured for their first fight. Or they realize that at HW - anything can happen. I think JDS wins the rematch - but I wouldn't bet my house (the portion I own - not the portion the bank owns) on it.

And while it's great to look at first fights - they aren't always indicative of what happens in the second. Just ask Liddell/Couture or Hughes/GSP. Or Serra/GSP for that matter.

I think JDS wins this fight, but I'm not going to begrudge people who think Cain wins it.

Because the first fight did not answer anything. We still don't know who is better between the two.

I don't think anyone acts like the fight "never happened," it's just Cain is the clear #2 in the division, so I don't understand how you couldn't possibly think he has a chance.

I don't think he hasn't got a chance, but i hear to many people saying it was a fluke the loss to JDS..

I don't think he hasn't got a chance, but i hear to many people saying it was a fluke the loss to JDS..

No need to call it a fluke, but it was over so fast we didn't really get to see Cain do anything at all.

Was that because JDS is THAT much better than he is? I think we need to see a second fight to find out.

Because the first fight did not answer anything. We still don't know who is better between the two.

Oh Yes the first fight showd us JDS needs only one hit to win (unlike Roy or Shane who can take the boms trown by JDS)

When you see a completely uncharacteristic fight for both of them, some want to see if the result is repeatable.

JDS has never won a fight that easily and Cain has never been beaten as easily. That suggests anomaly. That Cain may not have been fully back or JDS caught him perfectly.

Haters gonna hate. Wait for the 2nd match and see what happens. JDS I think will win again, maybe not as easily but I think he will still win.

No need to call it a fluke, but it was over so fast we didn't really get to see Cain do anything at all.

Was that because JDS is THAT much better than he is? I think we need to see a second fight to find out.

Just like werdum............

Just watch the fight. That's our only responsibility to MMA.

tumblr_lu1wtlGGPZ1qj2vh0.gif

Didn't answer anything? Every other thread has "Cain has to get this to the Ground" in it in some form or fashion. Cain learned he can't stand with jds for any length of time. I'd say that's a pretty big piece of Intel.

I see the second fight going the same way but Cain lasting a little longer.

I dont see him keeping JDS down or eating those punches for the entire 5 rounds.

When i read some threads i get the feeling cain is going to beat JDS easily.
However JDS only needs to hit Cain once and it's a k.o.
And nobody ever mentions the Kongo fight where Cain showd to be very hitable by a striker.

Any thoughts

Its a cage fight, a fighter only needs to hit someone once for a knockout in almost any fight!

I can't believe people think the second fight will go exactly like the first one.
Cain's chin was already tested, and it failed the test with one quick, early punch. Then, Cain was unable to recover from said punch. You can bet that JDS is going to be looking to nail Cain again around the same spot for another early knockout.
It answered the question "how tough is Cain's chin," and we found out it is not tough at all. We also found got more confirmation that JDS has a lot of power.

Back