Why do I feel like Conor is one loss away from being "exposed"?

I'm still not sold on Conor. Forget about the belts. Who has he fought? He never belonged in the FW division, he's a natural lightweight. When he fights lightweights, well we saw what Nate did to him and Eddie Alvarez is fucking 3-2-1 in the UFC. I need to see how this guy does against Khabib, Tony Ferguson, etc to really assess if he is the real deal or not. His resume so far doesn't even crack the top 10.

sounds like you're woke.

What about Nate rolling off the couch and strangling him?
An embarrassing loss, sure.

Conor won the fight where they were prepared for each other and at a weight that was an advantage for Diaz though. Conor's legitimate.

What about Nate rolling off the couch and strangling him?
Nate is a horrible stylistic matchup for him. A lengthy southpaw boxer with an iron chin, crazy cardio and a black belt in bjj. Not a smart fight for Mcgregor to take on short notice, especially at 170.

Reality check, nobody gives a flying fuck what you do or dont need to see.

An embarrassing loss, sure.

Conor won the fight where they were prepared for each other and at a weight that was an advantage for Diaz though. Conor's legitimate.

When/if he defends win/lose I'll personally consider him legitimate.

Yeah Conor is exposed who did he beat a can Aldo in 13 sec and Alvarez who is from Bellator yeah and and dont forget he lost to a can Diaz and that other Irish guy 10 years ago like i said EXPOSED

When/if he defends win/lose I'll personally consider him legitimate.
Come on Payne, you didn't like him before he won a belt. His lack of defence isn't the reason you don't like him now.

Think he's a bit of a wanker? Just say so, I think it is true of him sometimes. That has no bearing on him as a fighter though, and frankly the 'no defences' reasoning is both tired and weak. The man still has never had a good reason to defend, because he has always been allowed the chance to do something better.

A defence, win or lose, won't make him any more or less legitimate as a fighter than he already is. It would just build his legacy or show his limits.

I'm still not sold on Conor. Forget about the belts. Who has he fought? He never belonged in the FW division, he's a natural lightweight. When he fights lightweights, well we saw what Nate did to him and Eddie Alvarez is fucking 3-2-1 in the UFC. I need to see how this guy does against Khabib, Tony Ferguson, etc to really assess if he is the real deal or not. His resume so far doesn't even crack the top 10.

Anyone with a chin will stand a chance, after the first few minutes he tires quickly, and if Khabib can take him down, I feel he would win, same with Tony,but he is a slow starter, so might get kod, and I think Max can beat him too, he is bigger,and improved hugely, and he doesn't gas. I think Conor might have a few secrets. Some say his legs are fucked, some say he is gay, juicing. Could be anything, but he has fucked the UFC right up, in a lot of ways

He already has been exposed he has lost by submission 3 times it is getting him to the floor which poses a problem but once he hits the floor he is fucked just like in the final seconds of Mcgregor vs Diaz 2, Diaz was dropping bombs on his ass and that bell saved him from quitting again. I am not being bias I am speaking from evidence.

He is clearly one of the greatest strikers in MMA. The way he dropped diaz 3 times in the second fight was incredible. He has some tough LW competition though. Ferguson Khabib are tough matchups. And Barboza is a monster on the feet
I think Ben Henderson kicked Nates' legs under him 3 times, Rory suplexed him 3 times. Nate is a top tier journeyman

He's already been exposed by Nate.

Guys that are exposed don't come back in the rematch and kick the guys ass....now do they? plus, we are talking he fought nate at 170lbs, not his weight class.

Diaz went down to try and draw him down with him. Diaz was never hurt.

Oh please...conor knocked him on his ass..sure, nate wanted conor to follow him, but nobody just drops, unless your werdum....Conor knocks guys dead with one shot, and you could see nate's legs just go limp...

Im not completely sold.. but almost there. i feel if he was to defend his belt and beat either T Ferg or Khabib, i'd be sold then.

Im not completely sold.. but almost there. i feel if he was to defend his belt and beat either T Ferg or Khabib, i'd be sold then.
Either of those wins would be huge. Anyone questioning Conor after beating either guy would be impossible to convince.

This!

Aldo is still the FW GOAT (time will tell if Holloway will surpass him), and there's a reason for that. He looked amazing vs. Frankie Edgar not long ago. Regarding Conor - he's goddamn legit, and there's no way around it!

Aldo is the FW GOAT obviously, he's the only FW to dominate an entire era, but his 2nd win over Frankie isn't really that impressive.

He already beat Frankie, more importantly stylistically Frankie is one of his easiest fights, Aldo has made a career of out striking wrestlers because his TD is so damn good.

But he's always struggled against rangy strikers. He is the GOAT, but his win over Frankie didn't show us if he can handle a rangy striker like Conor, and his loss to Max showed us that he probably won't be able to because that chin is shot

If Conor lost to Khabib or Ferguson it would play into some of sherdog's narrative on Conor

Don't you guys ever get bored of the same threads over and over? It's like John Wick 2. Sure, John Wick was entertaining, but 5 minutes into John Wick 2, I knew I'd already seen it and walked away.

Back