Why do I feel like Conor is one loss away from being "exposed"?

Guys that are exposed don't come back in the rematch and kick the guys ass....now do they? plus, we are talking he fought nate at 170lbs, not his weight class.

I wouldn't call a razor thin majority decision kicking someone's ass.

What about Nate rolling off the couch and strangling him?
So are we gonna forever look at Cain Velasquez as the guy to get KO'd by JDS in a minute's time or are we gonna look at him as the guy to come back and beat him in a brutal decision and beat him again by TKO?

I'm still not sold on Conor. Forget about the belts. Who has he fought? He never belonged in the FW division, he's a natural lightweight. When he fights lightweights, well we saw what Nate did to him and Eddie Alvarez is fucking 3-2-1 in the UFC. I need to see how this guy does against Khabib, Tony Ferguson, etc to really assess if he is the real deal or not. His resume so far doesn't even crack the top 10.

Sigh, Conor could KO prime Werdum after sitting in his guard for four rounds, KO Anderson Silva with a counter, out wrestle DC and people like you would still say he needs to rematch Aldo to prove himself. I don't like Conor and hate him right now for holding up the LW division, but people need to get over themselves and accept he is a top fighter, he will not be "exposed" as we all know his limits at this stage.

Because everyone is 'one loss away from being exposed' on Sherdog...
Also, he beat Aldo (GOAT), Max (FW champ), Eddie (Bellator champ)... so stfu bitch.
young injured max, would be a way more impressive win these days beating max. But the aldo fight is by far his biggest win even if aldo fought like an emotional idiot conors power and accuracy is legit.

He is clearly one of the greatest strikers in MMA. The way he dropped diaz 3 times in the second fight was incredible. He has some tough LW competition though. Ferguson Khabib are tough matchups. And Barboza is a monster on the feet
i wouldnt say greatest striker in mma lol thats a stretch man

I wouldn't call a razor thin majority decision kicking someone's ass.

In all honesty, I thought conor beat nate the vast majority of that fight...nate had some moments at the end of a couple of rounds, with some flurries...But those flurries never once hurt conor..conor is the one who landed the most damaging strikes...Causing 3 knock downs and numerous wobbles.

Don't you guys ever get bored of the same threads over and over? It's like John Wick 2. Sure, John Wick was entertaining, but 5 minutes into John Wick 2, I knew I'd already seen it and walked away.

John Wick 2 was great though so I'm not sure where you're going with this

Don't you guys ever get bored of the same threads over and over? It's like John Wick 2. Sure, John Wick was entertaining, but 5 minutes into John Wick 2, I knew I'd already seen it and walked away.

This is an underrated post.

Nate.jpg

Sigh, Conor could KO prime Werdum after sitting in his guard for four rounds, KO Anderson Silva with a counter, out wrestle DC and people like you would still say he needs to rematch Aldo to prove himself. I don't like Conor and hate him right now for holding up the LW division, but people need to get over themselves and accept he is a top fighter, he will not be "exposed" as we all know his limits at this stage.
I don't think he is really holding up LW anyway. None of the contenders have managed to fight since 2016, the same as Conor.

Never defended either belt!

Doesn't fight in the UFC anymore anyway!

Fighting a 40+ yr old retired boxer in a stupid ass hype fight then will retire!

He isn't any type of GOAT because he will be quitting not fighting top competition like so many others have!

Bye Bye Conor!

he's a natural lightweight...

He's a great counter boxer, but his greatest attribute as a fighter is his ability to cut a ton of weight. In his natural weight class, he's 2-1 against good comp.

He's simply a product of promotion and we all know it. He went 1-1 with Nate Daiz. I love Diaz, but he's not Top 5 material, and going 1-1 with him, shouldn't really constitute a title shot. They simply wanted to make a buck and get to have a photo-op of him holding two belts. It was a short sighted marketing ploy and it fucked not one, but two divisions, for a guy that by all measures appears to have few, it not zero remaining cage fights in him.

Don't get me wrong. He's a good fighter... good striking, great chin, fun to listen to. But he belongs absolutely nowhere near goat related talk.

Every time a successful fighter gets beat there is a throng of people saying that he has been exposed and never really that good.

I wish I could be exposed as a two division UFC champ

Conor is a legitimate fighter, however most Conor fans aren't legitimate MMA fans.

Back