Why do I feel like Conor is one loss away from being "exposed"?

No deep down inside I don't know that or will admit that do you think Nate is a better fighter than Conor based on their 1st fight? How am I to asses that Conor is a better fighter than Aldo based on 13seconds? So I look at their overall history of fighting, and Conor is not even in the picture.
Deep down inside I know Conor is a better fighter than Nate as they both had full camps with an agreed weight to fight and this happened:

Here, his win over Aldo is quite legitimate he predicts it in a few mediums:

Oh and Aldo loves this combo with a leg kick but he didn't get to finish this one...

Jose_Aldo_vs._Mark_Hominick_5.gif

young injured max, would be a way more impressive win these days beating max. But the aldo fight is by far his biggest win even if aldo fought like an emotional idiot conors power and accuracy is legit.
What? Max bruised his foot in that fight, Conor tore his fucking Acl and you're taking about Max fighting hurt?
<{cruzshake}>

Deep down inside I know Conor is a better fighter than Nate as they both had full camps with an agreed weight to fight and this happened:

Here, his win over Aldo is quite legitimate he predicts it in a few mediums:

Oh and Aldo loves this combo with a leg kick but he didn't get to finish this one...

Jose_Aldo_vs._Mark_Hominick_5.gif

Conor beat up Nate two times. It's only when Conor slows down does Nate have a chance to fight back.

Give Conor steroids PEDs he destroy everyone. Nobody in the UFC has a chance hes striking is too good, he have to be tired to beat him.

I'm still not sold on Conor. Forget about the belts. Who has he fought? He never belonged in the FW division, he's a natural lightweight. When he fights lightweights, well we saw what Nate did to him and Eddie Alvarez is fucking 3-2-1 in the UFC. I need to see how this guy does against Khabib, Tony Ferguson, etc to really assess if he is the real deal or not. His resume so far doesn't even crack the top 10.
So a person who has finished all but of his fights hasn't convinced a person on sherdog? I'm by no means a conor fan but to label him a fraud is retarded

Not a fan of facts I see.
Everyone always says this and that about the first fight, but he cried about an injury that he had at the end of the second round,” Holloway said. “I didn’t cry about no injury. I had an injury in the first 30 seconds of the fight and I fought him all the way to a decision. He had two rounds to finish me and he couldn’t get it done.

Conor beat up Nate two times. It's only when Conor slows down does Nate have a chance to fight back.

Give Conor steroids PEDs he destroy everyone. Nobody in the UFC has a chance hes striking is too good, he have to be tired to beat him.
lol dumbest post ever. Like saying only reason chad lost is cause he gassed from having no camp and if he didnt get tired he would have continued to walk thru conor. Die hard conor fans just cant have it both ways

Shit look at Aldo, one loss and he's a bum. Was a little surprised at how quick the sher turned but there's plenty of precedence for it.
Would make we weep if I had a heart, lucky I don't.

I wasn't. It was like these kids had their eyes closed for 10 years when Aldo was tearin' up the division. Jose never got the respect he deserved on here and all it took were two losses against the best FW's around and now he's shot, was always overrated, and needs to retire. SD is very frustrating for that, but I've learned to cope through rational thinking coupled with occasional bouts of rage.

As for Conor being exposed, he's the second best FW of all-time based on resume alone and a case could be made that he's the best when you consider the manner in which he won against everyone he faced in the division. No loss he suffers in higher weight divisions will change that. Against Nate in their first fight, he shot his wad doing spinning wheel kicks that hit nothing in between spurts of punching Diaz in the face. Nate's tough as hell and we know what happened when he got his chance. Conor won the second fight and avenged that loss. Beating Nate Diaz is a very tricky thing to do if you're a striker, even more so if you're doing it 2 weight divisions up from where you had your most success. Conor did just that. He didn't deserve the fight against Alvarez but no one can dispute he made the most of that opportunity when he put the worst beating Eddie's ever had in his life on him. That was McG's finest performance against a guy who was just coming off laying the consensus #1 LW in the world out.

One loss away from being exposed? That's just the voice of a person who doesn't understand the fight game choosing to hate on one of the finest P4P talents in MMA. You may hate Conor McGregor's schtick, I know I do, but anyone who denies his in-ring skills is allowing themselves to be blinded by bitterness.

But Frankie would beat him...

What about Nate rolling off the couch and strangling him?

Well, to be fair, Nate was training for a triathlon and his fighting style is one that maximizes his incredible stamina so it's not really fair to say he rolled off the couch and strangled him. It's still a hell of an accomplishment to do what he did with essentially no camp, and it speaks to Nate's level of skill and toughness (those Diaz boys are hard as nails) that he got it done, but Nate's not some schlub that balloons up between fights and let's himself go either.

Nate Diaz will always be a tough matchup for a guy with Conor's style, if only cuz it's nigh on impossible to get him out of there and if you start to fade you can rest assured that he won't. And the whole submission wizard thing.

Never defended either belt!

Doesn't fight in the UFC anymore anyway!

Fighting a 40+ yr old retired boxer in a stupid ass hype fight then will retire!

He isn't any type of GOAT because he will be quitting not fighting top competition like so many others have!

Bye Bye Conor!
Lmao hella gay

pxmO_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif
Mild points made ^^^ True I didn't like him before he won his belt but I did respect him as a fighter as I do all fighters. And when he won a belt I at least thought OK this time he'll defend in the UFC and I'm still waiting.

The no defense is neither tired nor weak @Codpiece and frankly I'm a tad surprised to read that from you? It maybe tiresome to hear all the time to Conor fans but it's a straight up legitimate question to ask any champ who has belt let alone two, then I ask twice as much.

Can't have it both ways my friend applaud & celebrate the fact that he won 2belts in 2divisions, but ignore the fact he's never defended any belt...

Bolded: People use Conor not defending as a justification for disliking Conor, which I think is generally weak and lazy reasoning since often it can be shown that their dislike of Conor preexisted. Such reasoning still ignores that the UFC has had a bigger, better option than a defence at every point.

Should Conor have defended? Sure! He should have been forced to fight Edgar after losing to Diaz the first time. But the UFC saw the value in a rematch. Then they saw the value in the Alvarez fight. Now if they play their cards right with the Floyd fight they can make mega millions and with comparatively little effort.

Is any of that right? Not in the sense that divisional integrity is undermined. But it is not 100% on Conor either - he's just chasing the biggest carrot.

I'm on the phone so so can't see your sig, but I'm 99% sure you're sporting a "fight fan before any man's fan" phrase. Modify that principle a little then apply it to Conor. Most of his fights are awesome. You don't need to be a fan of the rationale behind why the fight is happening to appreciate the combat.

I'm still not sold on Conor. Forget about the belts. Who has he fought? He never belonged in the FW division, he's a natural lightweight. When he fights lightweights, well we saw what Nate did to him and Eddie Alvarez is fucking 3-2-1 in the UFC. I need to see how this guy does against Khabib, Tony Ferguson, etc to really assess if he is the real deal or not. His resume so far doesn't even crack the top 10.
Cause you're a hater and an idiot plain and simple

So are we gonna forever look at Cain Velasquez as the guy to get KO'd by JDS in a minute's time or are we gonna look at him as the guy to come back and beat him in a brutal decision and beat him again by TKO?
Did Conor come back and brutally beat Nate and finish him? What I thought

He is clearly one of the greatest strikers in MMA. The way he dropped diaz 3 times in the second fight was incredible. He has some tough LW competition though. Ferguson Khabib are tough matchups. And Barboza is a monster on the feet
Barboza vs McGregor would be fireworks.

I think Conor isn't tryna end up like Ronda (one can argue he already has w/ nate subbing him but one can also argue he kinda avenged it) so his gonna retire before his downfall so people won't see him past his prime maybe fight 1 or two more times in LW and bounce. Something spider should've done. Im still not sure about Conor's chin either Mendes's elbows and a skinny fat Diaz( in the 2nd fight) hurt him. im sure any top 5 LWs can KO him. I feel bad for the UFC when that happens.

Connor 3-5 boxing rounds away from never fighting in the UFC again

Exposed as what? 2 time, 2 division world champion?

Bolded: People use Conor not defending as a justification for disliking Conor, which I think is generally weak and lazy reasoning since often it can be shown that their dislike of Conor preexisted. Such reasoning still ignores that the UFC has had a bigger, better option than a defence at every point.

Should Conor have defended? Sure! He should have been forced to fight Edgar after losing to Diaz the first time. But the UFC saw the value in a rematch. Then they saw the value in the Alvarez fight. Now if they play their cards right with the Floyd fight they can make mega millions and with comparatively little effort.

Is any of that right? Not in the sense that divisional integrity is undermined. But it is not 100% on Conor either - he's just chasing the biggest carrot.

I'm on the phone so so can't see your sig, but I'm 99% sure you're sporting a "fight fan before any man's fan" phrase. Modify that principle a little then apply it to Conor. Most of his fights are awesome. You don't need to be a fan of the rationale behind why the fight is happening to appreciate the combat.

<mma4> Some deeper points made here... I'm not hater of any man or business wanting to make money, but look where we've come to in the pursuit of more money we've left the cage to enter a boxing ring. The same boxing ring the UFC tried so hard to separate themselves from in pursuit of their own legitimacy in the combat sport business.

If the UFC had done this ^^^ make Conor fight Edgar after the Diaz loss I wouldn't have such vitriol towards Dana, the UFC, and Conor, it's because of all this preferential treatment I'm harsher & harder on Conor and it gets even harder when I see him pull heavy on other fighters who have done more physically than Conor without without the bosses helping hand.

The sig reads "I'm a fight fan before I'm any one man's fan" simply put I celebrate the fight more than the man. If my guy gets whooped in a good fight so be it, I'll always celebrate the fight.

Back